Academy Sports & Outdoors Camping Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Academy Sports & Outdoors Camping Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Plano, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy. Literally took 30 minutes to an hour and I was hired on the spot and was set up to schedule my orientation. I smiled the entire time met majority of the workers. The employees as well as my hiring STL and the store director at that time all loved my smile and happiness. Applied for the camping position but ended up working for Team Sports then after awhile transferred over to merchandising.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Academy Sports & Outdoors

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process was not really hard. I did have like 4 managers in it but that has since changed. I felt like when I started they hired more experience people now all they hire is high school kids.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at academy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

The managers were desperate for someone in the camping department so I got a call from them two days after I applied. They asked when I would be available and we set up the interview. Simple interview.

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Mobile, AL) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and within a couple of weeks I got a phone call from my prospective manager. After introducing herself and talking about the company a bit, she questioned the availability I put in my application. After that was clarified, she told me that she would like for me to come in for an interview.

The interview was relatively basic, with just myself and the manager present. Questions about handling interpersonal conflict and how to treat customers were predominant. Originally, I was only applying for a seasonal position (summer) due to my university work load during the semester. After expressing interest in staying on with the company beyond the summer if they felt they could work with my tight schedule, she offered me the position, assuring that my schedule was okay.

About a month later I attended orientation with other new employees which consisted of situational videos and computer-based testing. Another two weeks after that I had my first real shift.

The manager promised me a certain number of weekly hours in the interview, but during my time there I only saw half of those promised hours.

Interview Questions

• As an entry-level position, nothing was unexpected or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Katy, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied online, never received feedback. Entered store front and talked to manager directly, was hired next day. Basic interview process, wanted to know about why I was the right fit for the position and some basic behavioral questions. Previous experience questions were asked but nothing difficult. The key to getting this job was getting past the online resume bombardment the managers were experience. Apply then appear in person and you will have success.

Interview Questions

• Very basic, most difficult had to be what did you do in your last job to become more efficient.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Summer Job, they stated non negotiable.

Camping Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors in June 2011.

Interview

quick and easy, they read cookie cutter questions from a piece of paper

Camping Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors in November 2008.

Interview

Applied for Camping position in late november. I was called in for an interview about 2-3 days later. Manager was cool and appearntly just looking for someone to work during the holidays. I started working the next day AFTER the interview. I had no retail training what so ever, learned everything as I went along. Ended up staying until late April. Very easy job. The only thing I didn't like was taking down HEAVY smokers from the top shelf on a flimsy metal latter, my partner and I could have seriously injured ourselves if we dropped it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none