Academy Sports & Outdoors Footwear Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Academy Sports & Outdoors Footwear Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

A hiring manager asked me about 6-7 scenario questions. Then, a second manager did a second interview and asked me another 5-6 questions. The first manager returned and made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe one situation when a customer or an employee kept you from doing your job.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Academy Sports & Outdoors

Anonymous Employee in Rosenberg, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Rosenberg, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Everyone was friendly--minus the store director, he came off as a little informal. Straight-forward questions, no trick questions. The questionnaire you do in the application affects how many questions you'll be asked at the interview if they call you back.

Interview Questions

• Situational things, like how you would deal with an upset customer and times you've worked with a team (whether in school or at another job).   Answer Question

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Interview was pretty easy, quick process. But the training was a complete waste of time because it covered technical information that was completely useless to the actual job. And the video they used was outdated and unrealistic.

Anonymous Employee in New Roads, LA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (New Roads, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview only took about 20-25 Minutes, they asked you basic behavior questions and "Tell me a time when you..." Type of questions. They asked about my salary desire and my availability, 2 people interviewed me & I was hired on the spot, I originally applied for the Footwear Sales Associate position but they said they wanted to start me off as a cashier and I can move up into a department which was fine with me! I was open with my salary desire, I told them 7.25 and they offered 8.50! I was like "WOW, okay yes(:! Can't wait to start!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had trouble with an angry customer, what was the problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hiram, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Hiram, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Set up interview time the day before , I came in and waited only a little for the manager to come back from break. They told me a little about their self , I met a couple of the other managers (super friendly people) and then they asked basic interview questions .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

She came back in the office and offered me $8.50 , I was happy so I accepted

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors.

Interview

Easy interview, asked general questions, why do i want to work there, why would i be a good fit, strengths etc. Was hired the same day as interview, went in for training the following day.

Interview Questions

• why do i want to work there, why would i be a good fit, strengths etc.   Answer Question

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors.

Interview

I had to wait for about 15 minutes for the hiring manager but overall the interview was good. It took place in the break room so we were interrupted a time or two but everyone was very cooperative and understanding. The hiring manager was nice and described all the duties the position required.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything that concerns you about working here?   Answer Question

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, at the second interview they hired me on the spot. Both interviews were extremely easy. During the second interview, they asked me the exact same questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I felt like I shorted myself (or they might have liked me) as I said "I'm expecting between $8.00 & $9.00 an hour." They countered by saying "$9.00 it is then."

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, recd phone call a week later. Phone interview went well and was asked to come in. Was very smooth. Total time was 30 minutes with a job offer at the end.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time with an angry cutomer
      Describe a time with your AWESOME Customer Service
      Describe what you think of absenteeism.
      Describe a time you didn't get along with a co-employee
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Weslaco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Weslaco, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

the interview was really easy with simple questions. the manager was easy going and very descriptive on how the job was going to be like. he talked about training, salary, benefits.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Academy?   1 Answer
    • What are some of your hobbies?   1 Answer