Academy Sports & Outdoors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Academy Sports & Outdoors Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.1

Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors.

Interview

It went very good, first I got a phone interview asking basic questions then a week later I had a interview and had two people interview me or went very smoothly

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors in March 2017.

Interview

After applying, I got a call asking me if I had the time to answer a few questions. It was a very informal phone interview just confirming my availability and other simple stuff, and they asked if I wanted to come in to interview at the store. Went to the store to interview, manager was pleasant to talk to and very nice. Asked me to tell a little about myself, and why I wanted to work at Academy. Then asked me a LOT of situational questions from a packet they have to use. They were basic questions like, "Tell me about a time where you had to work in a team environment." At the end she said she was really impressed with my answers and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Academy?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Auburn, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

Took about 2 weeks. I got a breif call asking about availability and experience, and set up an interview for two days later. Went in to first interview and was asked just a couple 'describe a time when...' questions. Set up a second interview with another manager and was asked a couple more 'describe a time when...' questions. Easy, enjoyable, not stressful, and everyone was super nice. I have terrible interview anxiety and this was the best i have ever done, the managers were super nice and so was the other staff.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle an angry customer. Wording was different but the same question.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were faced with a challenge at work and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question
    • Descibe a time you were met with a moral challenge at work. This question was worded weird but you get the idea.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you misunderstood directions and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Camping Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

went in for a full time job. was told to apply for a part time one because they dont hire full time. was promised increased hours and pay at a scheduled time after beginning work.

Interview Questions

• where have you sold before?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in to meet with the manager. We met for about 30 minutes and she asked maybe 6 questions where I just elaborated more in detail. After maybe two weeks, I heard back from someone offering me the position

Apparel Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Selma, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Selma, TX).

Interview

It was good and easy my former manager was easy to talk to and the questions were supposed to be plain but instead he just asked about my common interest.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, the conversation went really well or so I thought. They told me that they would contact me the next week to set up an in person interview. I sent a thank you note the following day, and instead of calling me to tell me they wanted to go with other candidates, they sent a generic email. It would have been more professional if the recruiter had called me themselves. I would never consider applying for this company again. I can see why they have so many bad reviews for their interview process.

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

A hiring manager asked me about 6-7 scenario questions. Then, a second manager did a second interview and asked me another 5-6 questions. The first manager returned and made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe one situation when a customer or an employee kept you from doing your job.   1 Answer

Camping Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Warner Robins, GA).

Interview

A week later I got a phone call they asked me a few questions. And set up a interview. I went in and they had an interview based around several questions that a computer-generated from my application. I was supposed to have a second interview but the manager decided not to do it and they had me. It wasn't very easy interview process I just asked questions abound situations where you offered customer service and how you handled it.

Interview Questions

• Name one time where you gave exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors.

Interview

I applied and within a couple weeks, I was called for an interview. At my interview, I was asked simple questions. A lot of the questions pertained to teamwork. There were 2 sets of questions, but I was only asked one set and offered a seasonal part-time position at the end of the interview. Later on, they decided to keep me. I didn't start my first day until about a month after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work in a team. What did you do and how were you successful or unsuccessful?   Answer Question