Academy Sports & Outdoors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.1

Communications Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter.
    Phone interview with hiring manager
    In person interview with seven people over the course of four hours.
    then they don't select you, but cannot be bothered to email back or acknowledge you. If someone gives up that much time to the process, be respectful.

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Greenville, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview. In-person interview with Manager and Senior Team Lead. Very friendly atmosphere. Lots of questions were asked about personal experiences, trials, and triumphs. The store was not opened yet so not sure how the interview process normally works. Ours was in a small office trailer and it was rather dark.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time that you were presented with a difficult challenge and how you overcame that challenge."   1 Answer

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty simple. Basic scenario questions about what you would do in certain situations at the workplace or in school groups. I had 2 interviews, one phone and in person. same questions. Then I had to wait for the background check to come through which took a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult situation in the workplace.   Answer Question

Apparel Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Humble, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Was called one week after application and had phone interview, in person interview followed. No hard questions, as long as you seem clean, respectful and have open availability you were pretty much guaranteed the job.

Interview Questions

• How have you resolved a difficult interaction at previous jobs?   1 Answer

Camping Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harahan, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Harahan, LA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and completed assessment. I was contacted a week later for an interview. After interview, I was contacted for a second interview by the department managers. I was offered a position pending a background check.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you felt you gave great customer service.   Answer Question

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Jackson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Lake Jackson, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was done by two seperate people in two parts, but it was pretty straight forward and simple. The first interviewer was a Senior Team Lead who was laid back and easy going, and the 2nd interviewer, who was a Manager was a little more serious and professional.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a situation where you had to solve a difficult problem." or something to that effect.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly quick but I was told it was based on my performance on the online assessment from the online application. The interview lasted less than 20 minutes and it was really comfortable. I applied online on a Thursday and called the day after to inquire about my application status. I was given an interview a week later and an offer a day after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to step back and think about how you need to accomplish the task.   1 Answer

Hunting/Fishing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pharr, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Pharr, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty good questions that were asked were necessary for my job title and position. I was asked questions only touching my job topics. Now as an employee inunderstand why questions were asked and the reason for such a detailed interview

Interview Questions

• Experience in fishing and hunting.   1 Answer

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosenberg, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Rosenberg, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Everyone was friendly--minus the store director, he came off as a little informal. Straight-forward questions, no trick questions. The questionnaire you do in the application affects how many questions you'll be asked at the interview if they call you back.

Interview Questions

• Situational things, like how you would deal with an upset customer and times you've worked with a team (whether in school or at another job).   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was a pretty brief interview I was asked a few questions then I followed up by asking questions of my own just to understand the interview process and what the interviewer was looking for in an employee.

Interview Questions

• What does attendance mean to you? What about customer service?   1 Answer