Academy Sports & Outdoors Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Academy Sports & Outdoors Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in to meet with the manager. We met for about 30 minutes and she asked maybe 6 questions where I just elaborated more in detail. After maybe two weeks, I heard back from someone offering me the position

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Academy Sports & Outdoors

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors.

Interview

I applied online and went to the actual store to which I applied to, to talk to a managers about 3 days later. Got a phone call later that day to schedule an interview the next day. Interviewed the next day and then had to wait like 5 days to a week for my background check to come back.

Interview Questions

• What is the most you've done to get a positive customer experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (San Antonio, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

interview process was short and not intimidating the interviewer did not ask difficult question and the process went by very smoothly I was required to bring In certain documents and my roles and responsibilities were described to during the interview and I was asked if that was something I could do or willing to learn

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors.

Interview

Did not immediately say if I can continue with hiring process. Very misleading. Needed to be more clear on what hours they want you to work. Instead of asking what hours I want to work, tell me what hours are you wanting me to work.

Interview Questions

• Can you work flexible hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Rock Hill, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

I was asked questions based on my skills and knowledge about working in a sales environment. I was given scenarios and answered accordingly. Overall the interview process went very smooth.

Interview Questions

• How would I go about helping a customer if I didn't fully know the answer to their question?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Basic Interview, Employer went over resume, and job description, ask questions about previous work experiences and jobs. The entire process took around 20 minutes, and after that I was asked if I had any questions and went on my way. Lady was very easy and interview was simple, nothing that anyone should be worried about.

Found other employment.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

It was your basic retail interview. Simple questions and easy-going. The manager that did mine actually did it in the store walking around. It was conversational. It really is simple standard questions from a sheet though. They let yyou know at the end of the interview if you got the job.

Application

Interview

I had an over the phone interview. Basically asking why I wanted to work for academy and why I thought I'd be a good fit for the job. After answering a few other questions, I was asked to come in for a one on one interview with the department manager. After the face to face interview I waited about 1 week to find out I had the job. Although I've witnessed job offers on the spot. It just depends on how badly they need new employees.

Interview Questions

• What makes me more qualified than somebody else applying for the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (Baton Rouge, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

Went into the interview thinking it would be somewhat of a challenge. It wasn't. The manager seemed disinterested and didn't talk about the company much. He was very negative about most things including life work balance. He didn't seem to like working for the company much.

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academy Sports & Outdoors (McDonough, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Walked into the store, the person at the podium brought me to the conference room. I interviewed with a manager. The questions were all super easy, typical interview questions. They offered me the job on the spot.