Academy of Art University Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Academy of Art University Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Academy of Art University

2.4

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, then Skype interview then in person interview. Very quick. They were trying to hire someone one immediately. This company is always hiring and will always suggest other roles that you may be fit for. If you are looking for something easy and quick this might be the place for you. Will hire you for something,

Interview Questions

Academy of Art University Response

Jan 4, 2018 – Talent Success Team

Thank you for your interest in Academy of Art University and welcome to the team!

Other Interview Reviews for Academy of Art University

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Received the call, had an in-person interview in couple of days. Second interview with admin department representatives was held in couple of days afterwards. Final interview was with 2 directors and office manager, which was the crucial one. Got the offer after couple of days after background check and references` input.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Academy? What was your previous job?
      How do you see yourself in this kind of a school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process took about two weeks and was enjoyable. It started with a quick phone conversation, then we had a FaceTime interview, then an in person interview. I enjoyed the process and everyone I talked with were really nice. I ultimately declined the position due to low pay.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Academy of Art University?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview went as follows: Screening call, onsite with recruiter, onsite with direct report, compute skills online test, and onsite with hiring manager. The process was overall quick and straight forward, the recruiter works to make sure you are interviewing in a school which fits your skill set.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to speak and collaborate with people whose first language is not English ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted by HR.It was an email asking if I was interested, then set up a phone interview. After I pass, scheduled a one-on-one with HR then met with the director of the department on the same day. A few days later, I got a phone call offering the position.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview is pretty typical as well as the one-on-one with HR. Questions such as, where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me something about yourself? Scenarios questions handling difficult customer. If you're good at interviewing, you'll be fine but if you have a hard time, do research on the company and apply your abilities and past experience to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Salary was entry level and I just started out. If you have experience, you can probably try. Just keep in mind, they start pretty low.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Be prepared for a typing test and a basic Microsoft Office test. Also be prepared for no negotiation for pay. What you are offered is what you will get. The process can be long as you go through a few departments, so be patient. You may not get the department that you initially interviewed for. Be prepared to accept a job in whatever department you are assigned to.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the typical questions you would answer at any interview. I never like the what is your weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. You get a very legalese contract and you sign it. It is a take it or leave it type of deal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied to few positions online and got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. When she called me she sounded cold and immediately started by asking questions about my background, she even asked details about a job experience I had 5 years ago. I did not find the questions relevant and we did not discuss the positions she had. Few days later I received an email saying I had an appointment for a group interview, I didn't go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I went to one of the recruitment calls they posted on Craigslist. I had to wait a long time to meet with a recruiter. The recruiter was difficult to talk to and not very welcoming. She also didn't understand my questions, including simple ones like "Is there a variety of duties?" She asked me to repeat it and said “I don’t understand that question.” The interview was also very short.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got a phone interview within a week, and scheduled in-person interview within a month. The interview was conducted in HR with a follow up with Student Affairs over the span of a few days in SF.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage things when your manager isn't around?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy of Art University in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through linkedin. Was denied first application. Was then called for a job that better suited my qualifications. Short easy phone interview. Was then called in for second interview with HR head. A very easy interview, most lead by my questions. There will be a third interview with direct suoervisiers this week if choosen from applicants.