Academy of Art University Admissions Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Academy of Art University Admissions Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Academy of Art University

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

My first conversation was with an internal recruiter; a very basic, straightforward introductory interview where she asked me a couple of basic questions like, 'Why Academy of Art?' and 'Why this industry?'. The second interview was a 1:1 face to face interview. I appreciated that the interviewer asked questions about my background and experience relative to the position, rather than talking about irrelevant details as some interviewers are wont to do. After spending an hour sharing my qualifications, experience and transferable skill sets, however, I was very disappointed that I would not have an opportunity to dispel any residual misconceptions or misinterpretations of my qualifications. It is not that I did not ask for these objections, because I definitely did, but the interviewer would not share them with me. So, I thanked her, politely left, and noticed as we walked out of her office that she gave what I describe as an unprofessional 'look' to her colleagues across the hall (this whole office was busy with interviewees) - she thought that I did not see it as I was following her out.
The next step would have been an interview with a director and a COO that was described more than once as being, 'firm but fair'. Work culture is described as fast-paced and hands-on, and I could tell that the amount of autonomy I had held in my former positions was going to be a problem in this organization.
Though the interviewer I met with was nice(to my face), the interview process was average and what I learned about the organization and the job in the process led me to believe that this was not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What will be the biggest challenge for you in this position?   Answer Question
  • Role Play: You are an admissions rep, and I am a potential student - what will you say to inspire, motivate and enroll me at Academy of Art?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Academy of Art University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Rude and quick, did not take the time to speak with me, took my resume left me waiting 20 minutes then came back and took me to the bar for an interview since the location was at a hotel, sports channel too loud then said thanks.

Admissions Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University.

Interview

initial phone screen...as long as you can answer some basic sales oriented questions then you move on the another recruiter who has you come In for a face to face...if all good then you interview with director of admissions

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the university   1 Answer

Negotiation

Room for negotiation