Academy of Art University Admissions Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Academy of Art University Admissions Representative Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty standard. You meet with someone from HR for a preliminary interview, then interview with a few people in the Admissions department. The position isn't quite what they describe online. Once I went through the interview process and spoke to various people that worked there it sounded more and more like just a sales representative.

Interview Questions

• What do you understand about our school?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Academy of Art University

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy of Art University.

Interview

i received a phone call the next day after I submitted an online application, the phone call was from HR dept about 3-5 mins, scheduled for two onsite interviews the following week - with HR and with your team managers, about 30 minutes each, easy-avg questions, mostly strength & weakness questions. Then received a phone call with offer after 3-5 days.

Interview Questions

• why do you think we should hire you for the job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Step one was a Skype interview, which went just fine and actually left me thinking that, perhaps, all of the terrible, negative reviews online might be wrong. After the initial Skype interview, I was invited in for an onsite interview with the same woman I had spoken with on Skype. This, also, seemed to go fine. I was then asked to come back again, mind you I lived three hours away, to do a fake presentation and tour for the same woman and two managers, a male and female. This part was awkward. I get what they were trying to do, but both during the "role play" and outside of it, these two managers were two of the worst humans I've ever come across. The female manager seems as if she must be absolutely miserable in her personal life, and she's taking it out on anyone and everyone that comes near her. The male manager was ok, but seemed to be overpowered by the harsh, abrasive female counterpart. They made me feel so unwelcome, I cannot even imagine working for them on a day-to-day basis. In my opinion, and from currently being in an HR position, this is NOT how you want to make interview candidates feel. You should want your candidate to feel welcome and feel like this is a company that they would love to work for. No wonder this institution can't keep employees! They treat you terribly and constantly push their own misery off on you. After the miserable interview process, they take weeks to get back to you with updates. Everything about this place is unprofessional and uninviting. The HR department at Academy of Art University should truly be ashamed of how these employees represent the university. I'd rather flip Big Macs for minimum wage at McDonald's than work here.

Interview Questions

• I had to give a presentation to the managers as if I were presenting to potential students.   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University.

Interview

The interview process for this position was very lengthy. Several phone/Skype interviews. I actually was in town and set-up a time to meet with the staff in the office. Interview was the same as phone interviews - same questions. I heard back the following week with a decline.

I was very proactive and really tried to express my passion and commitment to the position, how willing I was to move, etc etc.

Interview Questions

• Your background is in the sciences, how do you think this will affect your ability to connect with Arts students?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I interviewed for this position via Skype, as I did not live in the immediate area, and had to sit for three Skype interviews and one in-person interview total. Once I arrived for my in-person interview, they were running late, and never bothered to notify me if I did indeed get the job in the time they specified. I had to continuously email them, and was finally given my answer by their automated email service.

Interview Questions

• What kind of candy do you like most in the world? Ok, now sale me that piece of candy. (unexpected)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

-1 month time frame
    -phone interview/screening followed by a panel and additional individual meetings
    -background took quite some time
    -when discussing benefits they avoid going into specific details and often leave certain details out, like Saturday work days
    -training is about a month long, with exams that determine whether or not you can move forward in your position
    -real understanding happens when you are on the floor

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University.

Interview

Initally went to the job fair - was contacted by another recruiter to go to the interview. Had several phone interviews and a panel interview. I was asked to do a lot of role playing - pretending I was calling the student.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a student who is very shy over the phone? What would you say?   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy of Art University.

Interview

I had 3 interviews with this company. All fairly standard. The first was a phone interview with the recruiter and then a second in person interview with the same recruiter who was very nice and personable. The third was with someone who I was never quite clear what her role was nor did she introduced herself until I asked. I didn't get the same friendly treatment from the third interviewer. I also didn't get an offer, or a courtesy call or email letting me know. Just never another word after the 3rd interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I had a quick skype interview that was basic interview questions. They asked me if I understood the position I was applying for, which I didn't completely but they were able to explain it better and didn't hold it against me. I had an in person interview the next week and it went fine but I could tell it wasn't great. They asked me what type work enviornment I wanted to work with and similar questions. Although they try to mask it as something else, the position is ultimatly a sales position.

Interview Questions

• Role play talking to a prospective student on the phone. How would you find out about the type of art they do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Attended a job fair/mess which I signed up for after seeing their listing on craigslist. My background and qualifications matched what they were looking for and signed up for their event. Got email confirmation and was given the details.

From the minute I walked in, I knew it was going to be bad. A room full of potential candidates looking for jobs. Should have trusted my instincts and just turned around and left.

It was VERY unorganized and it seemed they had more people signing up or just walking in from the streets to their job fair than they expected. What was shocking is that they had only 3 people from HR doing the interviews. Had everyone fill out applications and wait. Did I mention wait? But lucky us, they had a video playing and catalogs so we can read how great the "school" is. Some waited well over 1.5 hrs, but luckily me, only 1.25 hrs (rolls eyes).

When my name was finally called, I was brought to another room to talk to a recruiter. The guy was complaining about his long day and how he hadn't had lunch yet, as we were walking to the room. He literally glanced at my resume and asked a couple questions and rushed the 1:1 interview as he looked tired from his day of interviewing. I wasn't even allowed to ask a question. *Poof* the interview was done, not even 5 minutes. My whole day wasted at the Academy of Art.

Funny, I bumped into another person who attended the event on my way out of the building and we just shared the horrible experience with one another. All you can do is just laugh.

Interview Questions

• None. Asked two questions. Why do you want to work here? What do you know about our company?   Answer Question