Academy of Art University Customer Service Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Customer Service Supervisor

Academy of Art University Customer Service Supervisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Academy of Art University

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

My interaction with the AAU's recruiter was positive, the department I'd be working for-ehh.
Through the whole process I felt like the recruiter was in my corner, routing for me, giving me tips, giving me updates on the status, or even if there was no update- she'd call and say "Thanks for your patience, we haven't made a decision yet. I'll call again on Friday to check in."

First, very positive in-person interview with recruiter.

The second interview was with two representatives from the department I'd be working in. One couldn't keep his eyes off of his phone. Ultimately, he excused himself to make a phone call. He returned to the room and then had to leave again! His ins and out definitely broke my concentration and gave a weird vibe to the environment. I repeated some of my answers when he returned, but he was disengaged. This guy seemed to be in a very high position at AAU and very removed from the role of the position I was interviewing for. Clearly, his phone calls triumphed a measly interview. After I had this second interview the recruiter called to check in again. She said they really liked me and was considered one of the top candidates (despite all the awkwardness of the interview!). It was like I was getting a sneak peak about into the other side from the recruiter!

A lengthy process overall and ultimately was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Academy of Art University

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job awhile ago and then forgot about it, because it took about a month until I heard anything.

The recruiter seemed great, she was easy to speak to, understood where I was coming from and thought that I would be a great fit for the job. I did too, that's why I applied.

The first step was a telephone interview with the recruiter, that went well. The next step was an in-person interview with the recruiter a couple of days later. She took lots of notes, again told me she thought I was a great fit and then she scheduled me for an in-person interview, for the next day, with the woman who would be my boss if I got the job.

The morning of the interview the recruiter called me and told me that she needed more information, because the woman I was interviewing with was questioning my resume and whether or not I had call center experience. Keep in mind I stated, many times, in both interviews with the recruiter, that no I had never managed call center staff, but had managed support staff, for many years, in an environment where help was requested via telephone, email, a ticketing system, etc.

Now running a bit behind due to the last minute phone call I went over for my next interview. During the interview I had the overwhelming feeling that the woman could not wait to get me out of her office and had zero interest in me. It was extremely uncomfortable and by the end of the interview (a whopping 20 minutes) I couldn't wait to get out of there myself.

After I came home I wrote a follow-up email to the recruiter thanking her for setting up the interview and asking her to please let me know the outcome either way. Zero response!

As they were looking to fill the position within a week and I've heard nothing I can only assume that I didn't get the position. It would have been nice to receive an email letting me know that they went with another candidate, but that didn't happen, which I find very unprofessional (not to mention the last minute call and the fact that the woman at the call center having zero interest in me). I did read several reviews on Glassdoor about this same thing happening (i.e. apply, interview, hear nothing) and now I know it to be true.

I've been the hiring manager several times and if someone takes the time to come in and interview with me I take the time to send them an email at the very least.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked at a call center?   1 Answer