Academy of Art University International Admissions Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for International Admissions Specialist

Interviews at Academy of Art University

2.0

International Admission Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

First they contacted me through email to set up a small informational interview, for about 5 minutes and followed by a 30 minutes longer interview in the next week. Since I'm not in SF, it was conducted through skype. I think the HR department must be quite busy because the interviewer were late for about 15 minutes. The interview is standard, the interviewer is very nice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Academy of Art University

International Admissions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I have been working in the same industry for years and understand thoroughly about the scope of duties this position requires. I have been following the university and applied online when the position opened up. I received an email from the recruiter within two days followed by the short phone interview.

I had many questions prepared for the recruiter as I wanted to know the types of students I will be working with and whether or not I will be working with an international education consulting agency. I also asked other simple questions such as which campus will I be working it, who will I be reporting to, and etc. HOWEVER, the recruiter just laughed and said she knew nothing more about the position and she's just being told to give me a call. I am sorry AAU - it looks like you hired the wrong person as your recruiter to begin with. I was very confident about my background and competency about this role but end up feeling very negative and sorry for AAU after the phone call.

After not being able to answer any of my questions, the recruiter said she will get back to me within a few days for another follow-up. Two days after I received an email saying that this position has already been filled and they are not looking anymore.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking? What do you not like about your current role that you want to work for AAU?   Answer Question

International Admissions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview by phone and face-to-face was amazing. The interviewer was friendly and extremely professional at the same time. She made very specific questions, and made me feel very comfortable during the interview. We reviewed together my resume and the job requirements, and discussed salary and schedule as well.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking for a different job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was easy.