Academy of Art University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Academy of Art University Interview Questions

Interviews at Academy of Art University

2.5

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy of Art University in July 2020.

Interview

3 Zoom Interviews; which all consisted of the same questions by the interview, 22 multiple question assessment test on HTML, CSS and JavaScript passed with 22/22 correct answers; I was told I receive a score of 95% when in fact it's 100%. The assessment test was time sensitive so i made sure to complete it days before the deadline. The next step was to be another Zoom interview with the Director of Human Resources , the Director of Creative Development and I believe one of AAUs Deans. Weeks turned to a month of excuses as to way a interview date could not be scheduled. Excuses such as "two of the key players are away", "the department has a lot going on so next week we possibly schedule" etc etc. Until eventually I get a call stating the team decided to go with another candidate they interview weeks before they had interview me which was a clear indication that finale interviews had taken place but despite having the necessary experience and passing their customized assessment quiz with a perfect score. I was not qualified! I should also note that I started the interview process in mid July 2020, and had I not contacted HR two days ago (9/13/20) I wouldn't known the position had been filled! Complete waste of time!

Interview Questions

• These questions were asked on every Zoom interview and via email during the interview process.

1. What are your best qualities that you can contribute to this position? / Why should we hire you?

2. Considering all your criteria and goals for your next career move, how does AAU meet your employment expectations?

3. How does this role play to your strengths?

4. How will this role challenge you to grow?

5. What other companies/positions are you actively interviewing with and how far along are you in their process?

6. How does our position compare to the other roles you are considering?

7. How will you go about making your decision if you receive more than one offer?

8. If we were to extend the offer to you today, is there any reason you would decline?

9· When is the soonest you can start in the role?

10· Do you have a portfolio or different links you can   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

The recruiter that worked with me was fantastic. We had open communication throughout the entire process. First was a video interview for a basic screening, then an onsite interview for a meeting with the director. All friendly people!

Interview Questions

• What are three things your former boss would describe you as?   1 Answer

Accounts Receivable Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied through their website and was set up for a three step interview process. Phone screening, Skype interview, and an in person interview with the manager and supervisor. Requires you to do a homework assignment on how you would collect from a student after the Skype interview and the recruiter will also request a credit check before making a offer: They will also offer you a lowball salary at the phone screening. Overall a waste of your time and not worth applying for. Very poor communication from the interviewer and recruiter. Many red flags in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to go pull a student out of class to find out why they cannot pay their tuition?   Answer Question

Work Study Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview was a exam which asked me to solve questions, build a program, and write a document. The questions are easy but time consuming. New knowledge in the test which requires research

Interview Questions

Interview

Call or in-person interview with HR, about 45 minutes-1 hour. Second interview with the Assistant Directors, along with a possible meeting with the Director/Executive Director of the department. Very straightforward, but can often get two different viewpoints from HR/the department between interviews. They usually let you know right away whether or not you got the position

Interview Questions

• Experience level and comfort with being on the phone/communicating through email   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University in November 2018.

Interview

I had two interviews with the Academy of Art University. The first one was a phone call where I answered basic questions about my experience and qualifications. The second interview was through Zoom video where I was asked more in-depth questions regarding marketing, SEO, media campaigns, etc.

The interview process started out positive with good communication on both ends. It ultimately turned negative, though, when there was no follow-through. After reaching out multiple times to check on the status of this position, I received no replies from the Senior Recruiter. I'm rating this experience as negative due to the lack of communication and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Questions about experience in: content development, SEO, marketing campaigns, etc.

How many projects do you work on at once?
      What drew you to the university?   Answer Question

Student Services Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University.

Interview

Was contacted by an HR recruiter for an initial phone screening. Went in for an in-person interview with recruiter that was similar to phone screening. Was invited to an in-person interview the following week with directors; that one started around ten minutes late, which interviewers did not apologize for. I did notice one of the interviewers taking off to run off copies of my resume past our interview start time. The recruiter had told me that I would be meeting with the senior director and three associate directors, but what actually happened was that I met separately with two associate directors, and then the senior director, granted "if he was available".
    Meeting with the associate directors lasted half an hour (straightforward, they wanted to see what my interpretation of the role was and how my experiences related). Was asked to wait to speak with senior director; this took 5-10 minutes as they took time to debrief about me.
    The interview with the senior director lasted close to an hour. A majority of it was spent listening to my interviewer discuss the specifics of the role as well as his vision and ongoing plans for the advising department. It was a long interview where the interviewer talked about himself more than actually asking the interviewee questions. He emphasized repeatedly the retention aspect of the role and the nature of the day-to-day routine (having more phone and email contact rather than in-person). Not sure if he was trying to convince me out of the role rather than into it.
    Would not recommend. Impression I got was that they focused on finding people who would increase retention/graduation numbers in order to maintain the reputation of the university.

Interview Questions

• In your own words, please summarize the role of student services advisor.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn, I had a Skype interview and an other phone Interview with the Faculty evaluation Member. I was asked question about my background and get some advice about how to teach international student

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process took about two weeks and was enjoyable. It started with a quick phone conversation, then we had a FaceTime interview, then an in person interview. I enjoyed the process and everyone I talked with were really nice. I ultimately declined the position due to low pay.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Academy of Art University?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process was pretty much just a conversation with the VP of Admissions. I believe it was just a way to assess how you converse since that plays a major role in the job.