Academy of Art University Admission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Academy of Art University Admission Interview Questions

2.7

International Admissions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview by phone and face-to-face was amazing. The interviewer was friendly and extremely professional at the same time. She made very specific questions, and made me feel very comfortable during the interview. We reviewed together my resume and the job requirements, and discussed salary and schedule as well.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking for a different job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was easy.

International Admissions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I have been working in the same industry for years and understand thoroughly about the scope of duties this position requires. I have been following the university and applied online when the position opened up. I received an email from the recruiter within two days followed by the short phone interview.

I had many questions prepared for the recruiter as I wanted to know the types of students I will be working with and whether or not I will be working with an international education consulting agency. I also asked other simple questions such as which campus will I be working it, who will I be reporting to, and etc. HOWEVER, the recruiter just laughed and said she knew nothing more about the position and she's just being told to give me a call. I am sorry AAU - it looks like you hired the wrong person as your recruiter to begin with. I was very confident about my background and competency about this role but end up feeling very negative and sorry for AAU after the phone call.

After not being able to answer any of my questions, the recruiter said she will get back to me within a few days for another follow-up. Two days after I received an email saying that this position has already been filled and they are not looking anymore.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking? What do you not like about your current role that you want to work for AAU?   Answer Question

International Admission Specialist (Bilingual) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Apply online and got an interview invite the next day. Confirm a phone interview within a week. I got a confirmation email 3 days later to inform that I was not able to move on. HR staff handled the process very professionally and efficient. I asked benefits and working hours but HR staff was not able to provide too much info on benefits. Working hours are wired Tuesday - Sat 10am-7pm with 1 hour unpaid lunch break. 10 paid vacation + 9 sick leave.

Interview Questions

• Q1. Why do you want to apply for this job?

Q2. Tell me what do you do at your current job?

Q3: What is your expected salary? (Their offer rage is between 40k-48k DOE)

Q4: What is your career goal?

Q5. What questions do you have for us?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty standard. You meet with someone from HR for a preliminary interview, then interview with a few people in the Admissions department. The position isn't quite what they describe online. Once I went through the interview process and spoke to various people that worked there it sounded more and more like just a sales representative.

Interview Questions

• What do you understand about our school?   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy of Art University.

Interview

i received a phone call the next day after I submitted an online application, the phone call was from HR dept about 3-5 mins, scheduled for two onsite interviews the following week - with HR and with your team managers, about 30 minutes each, easy-avg questions, mostly strength & weakness questions. Then received a phone call with offer after 3-5 days.

Interview Questions

• why do you think we should hire you for the job   1 Answer

Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick 15 minute phone interview
    30 minute interview with HR recruiter
    30 minute interview with hiring manager

Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. I felt heard and cared for as an interviewer. The human resources recruiter I worked with was incredible at communicating and answering emails on a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• How would you express to parents the importance of their student pursuing the arts?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Step one was a Skype interview, which went just fine and actually left me thinking that, perhaps, all of the terrible, negative reviews online might be wrong. After the initial Skype interview, I was invited in for an onsite interview with the same woman I had spoken with on Skype. This, also, seemed to go fine. I was then asked to come back again, mind you I lived three hours away, to do a fake presentation and tour for the same woman and two managers, a male and female. This part was awkward. I get what they were trying to do, but both during the "role play" and outside of it, these two managers were two of the worst humans I've ever come across. The female manager seems as if she must be absolutely miserable in her personal life, and she's taking it out on anyone and everyone that comes near her. The male manager was ok, but seemed to be overpowered by the harsh, abrasive female counterpart. They made me feel so unwelcome, I cannot even imagine working for them on a day-to-day basis. In my opinion, and from currently being in an HR position, this is NOT how you want to make interview candidates feel. You should want your candidate to feel welcome and feel like this is a company that they would love to work for. No wonder this institution can't keep employees! They treat you terribly and constantly push their own misery off on you. After the miserable interview process, they take weeks to get back to you with updates. Everything about this place is unprofessional and uninviting. The HR department at Academy of Art University should truly be ashamed of how these employees represent the university. I'd rather flip Big Macs for minimum wage at McDonald's than work here.

Interview Questions

• I had to give a presentation to the managers as if I were presenting to potential students.   Answer Question

Admissions Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University.

Interview

initial phone screen...as long as you can answer some basic sales oriented questions then you move on the another recruiter who has you come In for a face to face...if all good then you interview with director of admissions

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the university   1 Answer

Negotiation

Room for negotiation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy of Art University.

Interview

The first stage is a 15 minute phone interview, and if they are still interested in you after the phone interview you are invited for an in-person interview. The in-person interview is one on one for about 30 minutes, and it was a very pleasant experience. They are definitely focused on finding someone who is able to effectively communicate over the phone, so I would not apply if this is something you do not enjoy.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel confident and comfortable contacting potentially interested students over the phone?   Answer Question

Department Assistant, Undergrad Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

First applied on line, it took about 4 days to get a reply.
    Next step was a 20 mins phone interview, after received the reply message in two days.
    After phone interview, will need to do a web test about typing, data entry and MS office work.
    Still waiting for next step.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview wasn't too difficult, it was about 20 mints.
      Questions like, why do you think you will fit for this position?
      Answer Question