Academy of Art University Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Academy of Art University

2.6

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied in May/June and got an email back in August asking me to call the HR person. When I called we talked briefly about my resume and set up an in person interview with her the next week. She also set up an interview with the VP of Undergrad Admissions the same day. The phone call was straightforward and she didn't really ask me any questions and just said she felt very confident in my abilities based on my resume which is why she set up both interviews in one day. (For some background: I just graduated from one of the top three art universities in the US and worked in my school's admissions office for three years.)

I came in for the interview which was just a very casual conversation. I think because I was selling myself and gave examples on my knowledge and previous interactions with students and parents she didn't need to ask me many questions. If anything, she just helped me prepare for my next interview and gave me more information about the job. It was very nice because I felt like she just really wanted me to succeed. I felt very wanted as she walked me out and put me on the bus to get to the Undergraduate Admissions Office to interview with the VP.

This interview was a bit more formal but not by much. The VP was personable and actually gave me good advice on how he got to the position he has now. We discussed skills a bit and at a certain point I think he already made his mind up and we just had casual conversations on interests and life. He then introduced me to someone who would be my coworker and I got the chance to speak with her one-on-one about the pros and cons and daily work life. Then he introduced me to the person who would be my manager and after the VP took the time to walk me out of the building to the school's bus stop. I came out of it very confident I got the job.

I got a call that same day with a verbal offer and that all three people unanimously said yes! After submitting references and a background check I got a formal written offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Academy of Art University

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick 15 minute phone interview
    30 minute interview with HR recruiter
    30 minute interview with hiring manager

Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. I felt heard and cared for as an interviewer. The human resources recruiter I worked with was incredible at communicating and answering emails on a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• How would you express to parents the importance of their student pursuing the arts?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email about setting up an initial phone screening. At the end of the phone screening, was asked about coming in for an interview. Attended an in-person interview with an HR rep.

Interview Questions

• Roleplay: You call a student who you believe may be interested in attending Art U, but on the phone they seem very uninterested and unsure. Get them interested and make them want to come to Art U.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Highly misleading. Recruiter grossly oversold the position and company and misrepresented both the type of work to be done and the environment in which it would be completed. They will hire almost anyone.

Interview Questions

• Only extraordinarily basic questions were asked. None stand out, or were remarkably insightful/challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told what the salary would be and asked what salary I was looking for. There was no tolerance for negotiating, it was take it or leave it.

Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy of Art University.

Interview

The first stage is a 15 minute phone interview, and if they are still interested in you after the phone interview you are invited for an in-person interview. The in-person interview is one on one for about 30 minutes, and it was a very pleasant experience. They are definitely focused on finding someone who is able to effectively communicate over the phone, so I would not apply if this is something you do not enjoy.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel confident and comfortable contacting potentially interested students over the phone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was called by an HR recruiter within a week of submitting my application. The first phone interview was mostly informational with some general inquiries about job history, as well as more specific workplace scenario questions related to the position. At the end of this conversation, we scheduled an in-person interview. I met the same recruiter I had spoken with on the phone, and there was some repetition in the questions asked. The final round was a panel interview, again featuring a blend of questions related to the candidate's interests and expertise, and more workplace scenario questions. All in all, a very straightforward interview process, and I was impressed by the quick response time after each round.

Interview Questions

• List your top three strengths that you will bring to this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offer you the job by phone and do not send out a written copy of the offer terms until after you accept. The recruiter is very accessible and friendly, and answers questions thoroughly by phone and email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I got a call for a different job than the one I had applied to. The HR woman was nice enough during the phone interview and sent me the skills test. After taking the skills test I was called in for an interview with HR then a group interview with the managers. The HR interview was fine, but really long. I got the sense of it being a corporation like I have heard. I work at a different univeristy now and worked at another one in socal before this and this is NOT the same higher ed feel to it. It very much feels like a business. I was the first one interviewing with the managers who were cold, unfriendly, and to the point. At one point they said the position was not for someone who slacks off or is a slow worker or doesn't work fast...they made me feel like that's what they thought I was. They were pretty rude, and when I asked questions they almost look bothered that I did. When I left they said "well best of luck to you" as if they had made a decision right there. Nothing about being in touch or any friendliness at all. A week later I got a call from HR that the managers still hadn't decided and if I would like to still be kept in the loop. I said NO because if they hadn't decided by then, why would I want to be a second choice? Especially after how rude my managers would be! The job I ended up getting is much better. I still get emails from them since my resume is still on file..NO THANK YOU!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. First I I filled out an interest form online. Then I received a call and scheduled my interview. The interview itself was short - only 20 minutes. The interviewer asked approximately 10 questions. The position required more sales experience/skills than I had anticipated. The online job posting did not offer much detail about the position requirements other than general customer service and communication skills. However, it became clear during the interview that the position was sales-based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had previously applied for a different position with AAU, but was declined in the first stage. A couple weeks after submitting that first application, I received an email from the recruiting center about this position as Admissions Representative. I affirmed that I was interested in the admissions representative position, and a recruiting rep reached called me pretty quickly.

There was a phone screening with the recruiting rep, then a few days later an interview with a recruiter. The interview with the recruiter was straight forward, nothing out of the ordinary. I was asked to dress professionally, preferably suit and tie. After the interview, I got an email within three days of their decision.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately at this time I can't recall the questions that were asked.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University.

Interview

Be professional, you talk to three tiers of people: staffing, recruiting, then the director of the branch you're in. Helpful to be yourself, but a more corporate version of yourself.

Interview Questions

• The typical "where do you see yourself five years from now/what do you have difficulty with/why are you a good fit here" corporate questions.   Answer Question