Academy of Art University Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick 15 minute phone interview
30 minute interview with HR recruiter
30 minute interview with hiring manager

Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. I felt heard and cared for as an interviewer. The human resources recruiter I worked with was incredible at communicating and answering emails on a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• How would you express to parents the importance of their student pursuing the arts?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Academy of Art University

Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy of Art University.

Interview

The first stage is a 15 minute phone interview, and if they are still interested in you after the phone interview you are invited for an in-person interview. The in-person interview is one on one for about 30 minutes, and it was a very pleasant experience. They are definitely focused on finding someone who is able to effectively communicate over the phone, so I would not apply if this is something you do not enjoy.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel confident and comfortable contacting potentially interested students over the phone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for the Undergraduate Admissions Representative position online. Within a few days, I was contacted by a recruiter via email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of the recruiter providing background information on the university, position, and projected salary. I was asked to go over my resume and explain my reasoning and interest in working for the organization. I was also asked to provide examples of how my experiences fit the role. Throughout the interview, the recruiter was professional and friendly. The person asked questions that were fair and appropriate for the position .

After the resume overview, one is directed to ask any questions they have about the position. During the interview, I asked a number of questions which helped me determine the position was actually for a salesperson and not a student counselor or advisor role. Based on the helpful information, I was able to make the accurate decision to decline an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions during the interview. The interviews questions were standard.   Answer Question

I declined an on-site interview offer because the Undergraduate Admissions Representative position is the equivalent of an Account Representative / Account Manager title in a traditional sales department. I was not interested in a sales position.

Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University.

Interview

Usually a minimum of 3 interviews, phone screen, in person HR, and in person hiring manager. It is important to demonstrate your passion for the arts and education and putting the student first.

Interview Questions

• Role playing questions. I luckily had worked in higher education admissions previously which helped me to know what type of answer they were looking for, although it's really about engaging with the student and being able to overcome obstacles   Answer Question

Undergraduate Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter who was nice, interview with HR who was personable and friendly, final interview with the two directors of admissions. Directors were boring in comparison and had a sales mentality. HR did not share similar views about the position so when the directors explained, it was a surprise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email about setting up an initial phone screening. At the end of the phone screening, was asked about coming in for an interview. Attended an in-person interview with an HR rep.

Interview Questions

• Roleplay: You call a student who you believe may be interested in attending Art U, but on the phone they seem very uninterested and unsure. Get them interested and make them want to come to Art U.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Highly misleading. Recruiter grossly oversold the position and company and misrepresented both the type of work to be done and the environment in which it would be completed. They will hire almost anyone.

Interview Questions

• Only extraordinarily basic questions were asked. None stand out, or were remarkably insightful/challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told what the salary would be and asked what salary I was looking for. There was no tolerance for negotiating, it was take it or leave it.

Application

Interview

Be professional, you talk to three tiers of people: staffing, recruiting, then the director of the branch you're in. Helpful to be yourself, but a more corporate version of yourself.

Interview Questions

• The typical "where do you see yourself five years from now/what do you have difficulty with/why are you a good fit here" corporate questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. First I I filled out an interest form online. Then I received a call and scheduled my interview. The interview itself was short - only 20 minutes. The interviewer asked approximately 10 questions. The position required more sales experience/skills than I had anticipated. The online job posting did not offer much detail about the position requirements other than general customer service and communication skills. However, it became clear during the interview that the position was sales-based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had previously applied for a different position with AAU, but was declined in the first stage. A couple weeks after submitting that first application, I received an email from the recruiting center about this position as Admissions Representative. I affirmed that I was interested in the admissions representative position, and a recruiting rep reached called me pretty quickly.

There was a phone screening with the recruiting rep, then a few days later an interview with a recruiter. The interview with the recruiter was straight forward, nothing out of the ordinary. I was asked to dress professionally, preferably suit and tie. After the interview, I got an email within three days of their decision.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately at this time I can't recall the questions that were asked.   Answer Question