Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants Interview Questions

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

all managers had to interview me] 4 in total. they interview me in seperate days all within a time window of 2 weeks. however i was insistfull in calling them once in a while to ask for updates. i wanted to make sure i didnt go to the back of their mind.
    last interview with the main manager was a sit down for documents and explanation of company policy and at the end i received my uniform in the spot to begin 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why did you choose el torito?
      what does you availability look like?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants in March 2015.

Interview

They just asked the usual questions - experience, attitude, etc. I applied for a serving position, and was called in for that. When I got there, I found out they were actually hiring for a hostess position. They asked me to take that position instead, and said they would train me as a server (which never happened).

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants.

Interview

It's been some time ago, but I did interview when the corporate offices were in Long Beach. I met the CEO and CFO, among others. Everyone I met was incredibly down-to-earth for executives. They are all very much dedicated to their jobs and genuinely care about El Torito. I remember that they were concerned with choosing someone for the long haul and that's rare nowadays.

This was the most grueling interview process I've been through but in all fairness, they had trouble choosing between me and one other. I remember going back a few times, taking a personality test and meeting with each executive individually. Really all standard interview questions.

All in all, a nerve wracking but still positive experience. They ended up choosing the other person as they were concerned that I was a "job hopper." I hope they still have him/her because I was with the company that did hire me for 7 years.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? Very standard questions, but became more relaxed the better they got to know me. I went back several times.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants.

Interview

The process was very proffessional when the company was under a different name six years ago. Managers went through a phone interniew followed by unperson with the supervisor formal interview. The offer was given 24 hours after the last interview.

Interview Questions

• " What would you do if you sense tension with the employees?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is best when research takes place about the company.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants.

Interview

None got hired right then and there.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

Interview

Extremely unprofessional. I had to come back over and over and have a total of 5 interviews because managers were so unorganized and they would forget about the interviews they scheduled. I was promised a job, which is the reason why I kept going back. Several managers including the general manager promised me a job but I when I showed up for my 5th interview and the manager was not there once again, I left and asked them to contact me and let me know what is going on and why this kept happening. They never did. Between all the interviews and phone calls they asked me to make, I wasted a month on this company. Again, extremely unprofessional and inconsiderate of other people's time and effort.

I didn't actually decline. I showed up for every interview, even though they stood me up time after time, and just assigned random "managers" to interview me. These managers all promised me a job but when it came time to talk to the bar manager who was in charge of hiring me, he always had an emergency and was not available. He was the one who scheduled these appointments with me but yet could not have the curtsey to call and cancel. After a month of my time and effort I gave up.

Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants (Orange, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

I swagged the first manager out. Then I had a 2nd interview with another guy who asked me regular questions. (Swag) He said he would hire me if the decision was up to him, but he was relocating to a different store so he wouldn't be doing he hiring. I had a 3rd interview with the boss of the location on the third day, and I haven't received a call since. (Swag points decreased)

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Very straight forward. Have your resume ready, interview with a manager and wait time varies.

Interview Questions

• None if you are prepared. Know about the industry, their restaurants, the food they offer. Be familiarized about them, that is why you are applying anyway.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants in June 2012.

Interview

The manager had a prepared set of questions. The first part of the inview was mostly screening for availablity and fit. How much in tips do you expect to make? Review of other jobs and my duties. Reasons for leaving; etc. They some behavorial questions--tell me a bout a time you have to go above and beyond the call of duty to take care of a guest. Also situational questions--think of your favorite appetizer from any restaurant; now describe it for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were asked to do something you didn't agree with and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Are you a good server? Tell me why.   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acapulco/EL Torito Restaurants in July 2011.

Interview

A phone interview was conducted for the Help Desk Analyst position. Interview questions consisted of experience listed on my resume. Point of Sale (POS) system knowledge was preferred. Although POS knowledge was preferred but not required, lack of hands on experience with POS systems possible possible resulted in no offer.