Accenture Interview Questions in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.8

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The overall hiring process was fairly smooth for myself. I was contacted by one of the recruiters in the AFS division regarding a position I applied for online. I applied for the position in June and did not hear anything back until around late October. Once I got in contact with the recruiter she set me up for a phone screening that took around 30 minutes. I was then passed onto another recruiteer who then set up an in person interview for the next week. They said the interview would take around 3-4 hours (they are not kidding). I met with 5 different individuals ranging from an individual who was currently sitting in the role all the way up to the Senior manager of a particular division. They are contantly asking you what you learned about AFS as a whole as well as the position from the person in the previous interview so take LOTS of notes. Be prepared to explain in depth everything that is on your resume and how you made an impact doing it.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you conducted a financial analyses. How did you go about doing so?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about what we do here at Accenture Federal Services? What do you know about the position overall?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked on a budget.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were leading a team and had to ensure teamwork was being utilized.   Answer Question

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

1) Phone screening with HR rep (about 30 minutes)
    2) 4+ hour interview online. (Could not make it to office)
          -4 separate interviews from various levels within the CFM team (About 45 minutes to an hour long with an analyst, Specialist, Manger, CFM Exec.)
          - Interview with the specialist was the skills interview where they ask behavioral questions.
          -They ask you to answer the questions based on past work experience.
          -TAKE NOTES THE WHOLE TIME!!!
          -Ask questions if you don't understand the position.
          - Make sure to study up on Accenture as a whole and why you think the culture is right for you.

Technology Engineer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA).

Interview

It started with a friendly and informative phone-screening with a recruiter there. I learned a lot about the role.

Right after speaking with her I was sent a HireVue interview, where I answered some typed information about myself and did a few recorded interviews with questions like "Tell us about your background and past experience".

Lastly, it ended with an in-person interview at Arlington, VA. Brief group presentation, a one-on-one behavioral with a senior level manager there (which was nice to get), and finally a one-on-one tech skills review with an employee (just a review, no technical questions asked).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss about something but had to move forward with it.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a difficult situation at work and how you overcame it.   1 Answer
    • What technology skills bring you to this job and how will you use them to do well on the job.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself. 2 minutes. Go!   1 Answer
    • What are your long-term goals and what about Accenture will bring you closer to them?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview took a while due to scheduling issues and only involved 2 interviews.
    Interview 1: 45 minutes phone interview and involved general background questions
    Interview2: 2 hours with two managers who quiz your background and experience.

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Interview

3 Rounds of Interviews - two on campus interviews, followed up with visit to Accenture office in Arlington

Standard interview process, behavioral questions, why Accenture?

Learned a lot about the company, benefits, other people who worked there

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked on a project with a team   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Technical interview consists a basic understanding of object oriented programming and core HR interview. Both are easy. Received an offer with average salary and a low PTO. Declined the offer as there was a better offer from other company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Accenture?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

3 Interviews:
    1. Initial Phone Screening with Recruiter.
    2. Phone Technical Interview: very easy questions. He asked me about projects I had done in the past, Object Oriented Languages vs other types of languages.
    3. Skype HR Interview: also easy. He asked about experience with team work, if there were any problems, how did I solve it, did I escalate? What did I know about Accenture.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

3 step interview. Very routine interviews for the first 2 but a lot of thought needs to be put in to the case study part of the interview. The case study part of the interview is extremely difficult if you don't prepare yourself because you are not provided the question till the time of.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best desired candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen
    30 min Technical Interview
    30 min HR Interview

My experience with the recruiter was frustrating. The recruiter initially contacted me via text message, asking if I was interested. After showing interest, they sent an email that told me to expect a call between 10-2 the next day and that the interview would be 3 days from now. The email had links to information to review but links were broken and led to pages with old information. I tried to get back in contact with the recruiter to see if they had sent me the wrong information but I didn't get a response. I ended up not getting a call between 10-2, but rather a few hours after the time frame. During the call we discussed Accenture, what I was looking for. and set an interview date(2 weeks later) and time. I was told I would receive a confirmation email later that day. I didn't receive an email and tried to email the recruiter after waiting 5 days. 3 days after that, I called and left a message as I was setting up other interviews on the same day as the discussed interview day. About 5 days before the interview I received an email to confirm my interview appointment and to expect a call between 5-10 on the day before or 2 days before the interview. The awkward call scheduling, the inability to get in contact with the recruiter, and the seeming lack of attention made everything up to this point very annoying.

2 days before the interview, the recruiter called me at a bad time and we rescheduled to call at a set time and day. When we got in contact again, we discussed the interview process, all the material I should know, and all the logistics involved for the day. The recruiter was very helpful and informative. Hopefully, my overall experience was just a one off event.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or difficult questions, as the recruiter went through what to expect.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed theee times. On the phone my HR, two in persons on the same day. Was offered the job on the spot and was told I would start after the clearance and background check process.