Accenture Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Fairly straight forward. Two phone interviews and two in person interviews. The in persons were done in an Accenture office on the same day. The best I could give is just be yourself and show that you have the ability to think on your toes. Don't be a stiff but don't get too crazy in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with adversity and how did you face it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Standard case and behavioral

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online with good looking resume and cover letter, then after some time i was contacted for an interview. It wasn't anything too difficult at all, I just had options and I chose not to go with Accenture. The process was very quick and efficient, which was a surprise because I've heard of others with interviews not going so smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What makes accenture different than other consulting firms in the area?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was quick and simple. the Questions are behavior questions. Nothing intimidating. Just be calm and provide good examples.
    Learn as much as you can about the company and find a way to compare the company to your life.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed
      " " you lead a team
      " " you overcame a difficult task
      Tell me about a proud moment?
      What do you know about Accenture?
      1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I had two phone case interviews after getting the interview through a reference. The first one went pretty rough, I had to digest a 12 slide Powerpoint in the span of 10 mins and then answer questions/develop a solution that included technical terms I did not understand.

Interview Questions

• Did ask many questions, I had to do the question asking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a 3 part interview. 1st - telephone interview with the recruiter. Very basic questions about your history. 2nd - telephone interview with technical person. More detailed interview about your work experience and technical questions on the job you are interviewing for. 3rd - face to face interview with a managing director. More of you asking the MD questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a job with Accenture.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

Interview

I applied through a college recruiter late last year (2013). Began the process in January of 2014 with a phone interview with a recruiter which was basically a resume/background parse in which they want to confirm everything on your resume and see if you could fit into the company.

Shortly after this interview, I was invited to do 2 back to back case and behavioral interviews on the phone with Managers/Senior Managers of Accenture. The interviewers were really laid back and nice. Didn't even feel like an interview but felt more like a conversation with a friend who happened to be looking to hire you. In regards to the case interview, spend some time reading Crack the Case. It is a very good resources. After reading this book, look up practice case books from MBA schools and use them as practice. At a point, either you understand consulting or you don't, if you are struggling throughout the practice then maybe consulting is not a good fit for you.

After this round, I was invited to final rounds at office. They directly pay for your airfare and hotel expenses and will reimburse you for other reasonable expenses. Final rounds consist of a case interview and a confirming interview with Managers/Senior Managers. I didn't do a lot of prep for this round, just two practice cases on the flight into the city. Confirming interview is mainly a conversation about yourself to see if you are the kind of person Accenture can trust to send to a client. Offer came two days later via random phone call from recruiter. I almost had to mute myself because I was so excited to get the job and be done with the job search process. The process was very well organized and all of those involved in the recruiting process were nice, even my fellow recruits were nice!

My biggest advice is to relax, be yourself, and just let the pieces fall however they may.

Interview Questions

• None really, cases are something either you get it or you don't. If you don't, do not try to fake it because they will see through it. Have a good answer for "Why Accenture". You cannot apply for a job in a company and expect them to hire you if you, yourself, do not have a good reason why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Base salary are set by office already, no negotiation there. The salary they offer are more than nice for someone recently out of college. Relocation bonus and signing bonus are icing on the cake and I could have probably negotiate a bigger signing bonus, but if a couple thousand dollars are what is holding you back from joining Accenture, then you are probably not joining for the right reason.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

HR Interview, Alumni Interview, 2 back to back phone case interviews, Final round

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I got an interview through my university career center.

There were 3 interviews. The first interview was a 30 minute basic screening interview, reviewing my resume and "Why Accenture". The second interview was part behavioral/past case study. The case study was straight forward and seemed to be a business problem my interviewer faced on previous client work. The last interview was almost another screening interview, as if a test to see if the Senior Managers and Managing Directors would want me as an Analyst on their projects. All interviewers were easy to talk to and made me feel at ease.

The process was straightforward and fairly seamless, but the HR Recruiter was a bit disorganized and not as responsive as I would have liked as a job applicant.

Interview Questions

• Business case was on how to improve customer experience for a resources client.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in November 2013.

Interview

CAMPUS HIRE: There was a first round interview where the employer was reading through my resume and trying to get me to talk about my experiences, round two was over the phone and was totally behavioral trying to understand my background and any experiences i had, final round was in person and similar to round two. telling me about the company and trying to gauge my interest.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with someone on a team that was difficult?   Answer Question