Accenture Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2017

218 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

Interview

I applied through a college recruiter late last year (2013). Began the process in January of 2014 with a phone interview with a recruiter which was basically a resume/background parse in which they want to confirm everything on your resume and see if you could fit into the company.

Shortly after this interview, I was invited to do 2 back to back case and behavioral interviews on the phone with Managers/Senior Managers of Accenture. The interviewers were really laid back and nice. Didn't even feel like an interview but felt more like a conversation with a friend who happened to be looking to hire you. In regards to the case interview, spend some time reading Crack the Case. It is a very good resources. After reading this book, look up practice case books from MBA schools and use them as practice. At a point, either you understand consulting or you don't, if you are struggling throughout the practice then maybe consulting is not a good fit for you.

After this round, I was invited to final rounds at office. They directly pay for your airfare and hotel expenses and will reimburse you for other reasonable expenses. Final rounds consist of a case interview and a confirming interview with Managers/Senior Managers. I didn't do a lot of prep for this round, just two practice cases on the flight into the city. Confirming interview is mainly a conversation about yourself to see if you are the kind of person Accenture can trust to send to a client. Offer came two days later via random phone call from recruiter. I almost had to mute myself because I was so excited to get the job and be done with the job search process. The process was very well organized and all of those involved in the recruiting process were nice, even my fellow recruits were nice!

My biggest advice is to relax, be yourself, and just let the pieces fall however they may.

Interview Questions

• None really, cases are something either you get it or you don't. If you don't, do not try to fake it because they will see through it. Have a good answer for "Why Accenture". You cannot apply for a job in a company and expect them to hire you if you, yourself, do not have a good reason why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Base salary are set by office already, no negotiation there. The salary they offer are more than nice for someone recently out of college. Relocation bonus and signing bonus are icing on the cake and I could have probably negotiate a bigger signing bonus, but if a couple thousand dollars are what is holding you back from joining Accenture, then you are probably not joining for the right reason.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I got an interview through my university career center.

There were 3 interviews. The first interview was a 30 minute basic screening interview, reviewing my resume and "Why Accenture". The second interview was part behavioral/past case study. The case study was straight forward and seemed to be a business problem my interviewer faced on previous client work. The last interview was almost another screening interview, as if a test to see if the Senior Managers and Managing Directors would want me as an Analyst on their projects. All interviewers were easy to talk to and made me feel at ease.

The process was straightforward and fairly seamless, but the HR Recruiter was a bit disorganized and not as responsive as I would have liked as a job applicant.

Interview Questions

• Business case was on how to improve customer experience for a resources client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

HR Interview, Alumni Interview, 2 back to back phone case interviews, Final round

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in November 2013.

Interview

CAMPUS HIRE: There was a first round interview where the employer was reading through my resume and trying to get me to talk about my experiences, round two was over the phone and was totally behavioral trying to understand my background and any experiences i had, final round was in person and similar to round two. telling me about the company and trying to gauge my interest.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with someone on a team that was difficult?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and initiated a phone interview. This was followed by two additional interviews upon which the job was offered. During the second interview I was asked if I had a laptop with a camera so they could conduct a face-to-face via Skype, and when I said I did not, they offered to provide one for me. They seemed very interested in ensuring I felt wanted. This was my experience with the company as well; they treat their people well and provide opportunities for growth.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about at time when someone challenged your information, what is your presentation style, how do you stay organized   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

While the people are friendly, their cases are extremely pre-defined, as any other legitimate analyses or conclusions from the case still seem to be marked as incorrect. There is a much stronger focus on the case over the behavioral questions. They asked some questions regarding resume items, but most of the time was on the case.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

They had two case interviews back to back. The cases were one hour each. The whole process was very organized. It was a college recruitment interview, so they were interviewing in rounds of about 10 people. Each candidate had a 1:1 interview and then swapped for the second case. Everyone was incredibly nice and helpful, but it's an intense process.

Interview Questions

• It's a business case, so if you know the process you should generally be ok.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Gainesville, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview was more like a conversation. No technical questions, mostly just chatting about who I am and why I would want to work for Accenture. Very open-ended interviewing style so come prepared with some projects and stories that highlight your accomplishments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through my university career office's recruiting website. Received an invitation for a 1st-round interview on campus about a week later. Accenture invited all interviewees to a pre-interview dinner with current employees, and offered contact info for an "Interview Buddy" to each applicant, who helped me answer some questions about the process in a 30 min phone call.

1st round interviews consisted of 2 separate 1:1s with senior level employees, both of which contained behavioral and case portions.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Behavioral and general hR interviews then in office interview with leadership

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an unexpected situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate