Accenture Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

219 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Initial contact was with a campus recruiter who scheduled my interview process. The process consisted of two phone interviews and one in person interview. I was informed that the first two interviews were the most important and that if those were passed, the job was mine to lose. The initial phone interview was with a recrutier who was very frank but cordial and helpful in defining the rest of the process. He explained that he had a hand in deciding the initial course of the interview process and whether I, as the interviewee, would move on to the second phase. He asked general questions my intentions, interests, location preferences, and work and school history. By the end of our conversation he let me know that the second interview would occur and scheduled it with me. The second interview was more formal and I answered questions about how I would handle certain business situations, anecdotal questions regarding projects I had worked on in the past, and other basic interview questions. At the end of that interview, I was told that I would be contacted to schedule the third, in person interview. The recruiter that I initially spoke with on the phone was my contact and scheduled the in-person. When I got to that interview, I was one of 4 people to be brought in. We were initially given a presentation by 3 or 4 people regarding company culture, values, and history before being interviewed by two different manager level employees. These interviews were more formal and much like any other interview I had been on with questions focusing on project work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work on a team where the members didn't agree on the path forward.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

College Recruiting (on-campus rounds)

Negotiation

No negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process was conducted very professionally and cordially. The first interview phase consisted of a quick 30 minute phone call with a recruiter. The second interview was another phone interview, but this time with an executive. This one was a more technical interview, so it will be good to study the job description in depth. The third and final interview was an in-person meeting with a senior executive in the team I was to join. This one was a lot more informal and helped me to understand the culture and expectations of the company in a casual and less intimidating setting. Overall, a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when things went wrong, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Tallahassee, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

2 informal face to face interviews after a few short phone conversations. Easy going, and not too formal. They made it pleasant and were interested in how I prepared.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had to manage a project   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

There were a couple of phone interviews some were technical related specifically around Java development. There was 1 in-person "interview" which was really a see you in person once for about 5 minutes with no real questions asked, although an oppertunity to answer questions. It was a new grad situation so not much needed I guess.

Interview Questions

• Describe if you would rather be an expert in a field or generalist.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation. Start date even wasn't negotiable, despite a long-distance move with a move package that didn't fully cover the move.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting tool

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you faced a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

I received a call and was asked to participate in 2 phone interviews the very next day! The phone interviews were case studies: 1 financial and the other was a critical thinking scenario. The next week I had an in-person case study and in-person behavioral interview. In total: 4 different interviews by 4 different people. They really want to see how you think....problem solving skills....your attitude and effort.. Advice to anyone interviewing: .it's okay to get the wrong answer...just try your best and be able to explain how you got to your conclusion. Relax...smile...be confident...be genuine. Review some common case study questions online.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview: what value do you think you will add to this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Princeton, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

The Interview was very theoretical and no question was asked regarding my work experience. Mostly definitions were asked and I am not sure how many people remember definitions while they work.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

Mix of case interviews and behavioral interviews. I started with a phone screen, and then had two more calls - one was case/behavioral, and the other was just a case. They ranged from strategy to more systems and implementation type questions (e.g., how many instructors should we have for financial system implementation based on XYZ criteria?). After that, I was brought in to the office where I was given a presentation, and had another four interviews. Two were case, and two were just general.

Interview Questions

• Case study about US Postal Service and a project accenture did to determine if they should stop delivery on a day, and if so, what day.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

(1) Phone Interview - HR questions relating to job experience (15 min)
     -background
     -interest in job
     -why I fit the role
    (2) Phone Interview - HR questions relating to specific work experience (30 min)
     -work experience
     -tough situations