Accenture Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

There were a couple of phone interviews some were technical related specifically around Java development. There was 1 in-person "interview" which was really a see you in person once for about 5 minutes with no real questions asked, although an oppertunity to answer questions. It was a new grad situation so not much needed I guess.

Interview Questions

• Describe if you would rather be an expert in a field or generalist.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation. Start date even wasn't negotiable, despite a long-distance move with a move package that didn't fully cover the move.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting tool

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you faced a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

I received a call and was asked to participate in 2 phone interviews the very next day! The phone interviews were case studies: 1 financial and the other was a critical thinking scenario. The next week I had an in-person case study and in-person behavioral interview. In total: 4 different interviews by 4 different people. They really want to see how you think....problem solving skills....your attitude and effort.. Advice to anyone interviewing: .it's okay to get the wrong answer...just try your best and be able to explain how you got to your conclusion. Relax...smile...be confident...be genuine. Review some common case study questions online.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview: what value do you think you will add to this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Princeton, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

The Interview was very theoretical and no question was asked regarding my work experience. Mostly definitions were asked and I am not sure how many people remember definitions while they work.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

Mix of case interviews and behavioral interviews. I started with a phone screen, and then had two more calls - one was case/behavioral, and the other was just a case. They ranged from strategy to more systems and implementation type questions (e.g., how many instructors should we have for financial system implementation based on XYZ criteria?). After that, I was brought in to the office where I was given a presentation, and had another four interviews. Two were case, and two were just general.

Interview Questions

• Case study about US Postal Service and a project accenture did to determine if they should stop delivery on a day, and if so, what day.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

(1) Phone Interview - HR questions relating to job experience (15 min)
     -background
     -interest in job
     -why I fit the role
    (2) Phone Interview - HR questions relating to specific work experience (30 min)
     -work experience
     -tough situations
     -behavioral questions
     -performance questions

Salary

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

3 interviews on the phone and one in person. First two with HR, 3rd with management team and the last interview it is a formality to shake hand with team in the office.

Negotiation

Consider that 68,000 in NYC is not so much money.NYC is expensive And if you are traveling is really not enough for the fact that you will not be at home.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Austin, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by in person with hiring manager and colleagues, followed by formal interview with a VP.
    The questions were technical and pertinent to the position: requirements writing, process flows, testing skills etc. Ability to deal with difficult customers, with difficult developers. No trick questions. No personality tests or anything of that sort.
    Very nice and flexible as to accommodate my start date.

Interview Questions

• What is it about the business analyst position that you don't like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

Three interviews:
    1. Personality Check + Skills Review - They want to know how you interact with them. Even since you enter the waiting room, the greeter is studying you. Accenture likes to hire cool and smart people.
    2. Behavioral Interview - This interview will give you many case studies. They want to see how solve problems.
    3. Interview with Managers: very chill!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a team project when you had to work with someone difficult.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in December 2011.

Interview

The process had four portions - one pre-screening phone interview with recruiter, one business case with a Manager (phone), office visit with two interviews with MDs (one business case and one behavioral-type questions.

Interview Questions

• USPS retail operations and how to increase revenues and decrease retail outlets   Answer Question