Accenture Business Intelligence Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Business Intelligence Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Accenture

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

First step was an HR call, mostly ask why you're looking and if you're aware of the high amount of travel. Next step was an in person interview with an Executive who did a skills test and immediately after was the confirming interview with another executive where you're given the opportunity to ask any questions you want.

Interview Questions

• Asked to sketch out on a white board an entire data model -- caught me off guard but went fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No problem negotiating for a slighter higher base (asked for 5k more than I was offered)

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Boston, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by email from the recruiter to set up a phone call with her. The call was about 10 minutes long basically just going over my resume & making sure I understood the job I was applying for. At the end of the call she informed me I had 'made' it to the next interview which would be a skills interview and if I continued past that I would have a final interview. The way the scheduling worked my skills interview and final interview were for the same day and ended up being in Chicago despite the fact that I'd be working out of the Boston Office.

Skills Interview: about 30 minutes long with a Senior Executive. He asked very specific questions about my background with Informatica, Databases and SQL. He mentioned at the start of it that if he detected any BS he would be kicking me out and had already done that to a candidate earlier that day. After about 30 minutes of questions he said i'd passed and would be able to go to my final interview.

Final Interview: another 30 minutes with a different Senior Executive. This was more informative than anything else. I wasn't asked any questions except if I was sure I wanted to go into the group I had applied to -- seemed like I had some options if i was interested in something else. They go over the promotion process, how roles work & overall company structure. Basically just an opportunity for you to learn more about accenture.

After both of these interviews the recruiter takes you into a room and asks you how they went etc. She told me I would definitely be getting an offer and it would probably be two days before the package was put together.

She called the next day with a verbal offer of 70k, I asked for 2k more and she agreed. I accepted the 72k w/ a 5k sign on bonus and 18 months 'at level'. Overall a very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you start a mapping in Informatica?   1 Answer
    • Describe the different parts of an SQL statement   2 Answers

Negotiation

I had another very similar offer from Deloitte but it was 2k higher so I just let Accenture know and they matched it over the phone and I accepted.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I was contacted through the recruiter and when i made the application to go through, it took 4 weeks to complete the process.
    First was the telephonic round, hr round for an hour was quite straight forward, asking about past experiences and skills, also couple of behavioural questions.
    Second round was after 1.5 weeks time, face to face with a senior manager, who was quite friendly, it was more like chatting than interview. We discussed on my previous employer, my roles and various tools used. Few technical questions on informatica and cognos. What you write in ur CV is very important, questions will be based on that. After the interview for an hour, i did the case study as i was mentioned before the interview. I was asked to design a high level data model.