Accenture Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

173 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First step is a call with the regional recruiter. The next is a phone interview with a managing director in the area you are interviewing for. The final step is an office visit that consists of both a behavioral and case interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were given a problem very little instruction. Describe how you approached the problem and how you came to the final solution.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I got connected with Accenture through a current employee. The first call I had was just talking with the employee about the company and sharing my knowledge/skill set. The second round was a call with a manager. This interview was 40 minutes long and she just asked me questions about my previous experience. The final round was in the Chicago office. The interview was 2 parts. The first part was a case study and the second part was a standard interview that consisted of mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you were given no direction. How did you navigate this in order to add value?   1 Answer

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

45 minute Case Interview, 45 minute Behavioral Interview. There was an initial screening process and then a first round interview which had the same format and then a final round interview which had the same format but more of a confirming interview instead of a behavioral one.

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I have applied online for the position and was contacted by a HR person the following week. The person did not call me at the set date and time and we had to reschedule. I received a call from that person later that day where I was explained the main duties of the role and asked about my previous experience. In addition, I was told that the process can take up to a month as the interview process consist with a phone screen interview, a technical phone interview, a coding test and an on-site interview. A few days later a received I received an invite for a technical phone interview to be conducted the following day.

The technical interview was delayed due to miss-communication. It took 30 minutes where the interviewer asked me 30-40 questions about OOP principals, cloud service, software architect and SQL. He asked the question, repeated it and wrote my answers after I completed answering. Overall, the atmosphere was negative where it felt like I was talking to a robot.

A few days later, I received a formal email, mentioning that they decided to move forward with other candidates. The HR person did not even bother to send me an individual feedback.

Interview Questions

• What are the 4 fundamental principals of OOP?   1 Answer

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. There was one 30-min behavioral & one 30-min strategy case interview. The behavioral was somewhat unorthodox in nature, but that is to be expected. The strategy case interview was relatively straightforward.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and not long at all. I initially interviewed mid-september and had an offer by first week of November. My first round was simple and my interviewer was very easy going. Then the final round was superday and that was a little bit more stressful to prepare for but it was fine in the end.

Interview Questions

• First round was behavioral, second round was behavioral and case.   Answer Question

Software Engineer (New Graduate) Interview

Application

Interview

(1) 30 minute talk with a recruiter to go through whether or not you're the right fit for this job on a broad-scale. He scheduled a second interview with a manager.
    (2) 30 minute talk with a manager who asked general questions-- nothing coding related. Basically, it's a smoke test to check if you know the languages they need, but they don't actually test you.
    (3) 30 minute interview with a second manager who just gives you behavioral questions. Nothing to do with actual talent. This is probably unusual in the CS world, since the questions are very shallow.
    (3.5) Background check-- Verifying exact employment dates, and educational check (you just verify you graduated).
    (4) 1 hour interview in-person basically with your overall manager to make sure that you're not a horrible person. We talked about football.
    (5) Full background check (I declined by this point, so I don't think know if there is a drug test, but they basically call all your employers at this point).

This was the easiest CS interview I've ever had. While this is a good thing for many, it points to the impression that their staff isn't very talented (they were limited in their knowledge of key tech from my discussions). It's very evident that they don't value developers as much with their company culture, so they're looking to "just fill a role" rather than making sure you're prime. The inclusion of as thorough of a background check is pointless given you don't know if you received the offer or not. Also, this is one of those rare companies where you might need to dress up.

Security Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied to the position online via Accenture Web page. I received a phone call a few weeks later asking for my "unofficial transcripts". I sent them over and had a phone call with the recruiter. Very simple phone call just going over preferences, traveling, etc. Then I had a one-hour phone interview with someone that is part of the security team. It was mainly a behavioral interview, Very casual. The last interview was at the local office in Chicago, about 3 hours long. The interview consisted of a behavioral and then a case study interview(Same as regular analyst interviews) . Nothing technical at all, very simple in my opinion.

My recommendation is be down to earth with interviewers and walk through the steps aloud when going over the case study(Math included).

Received an offer after the time Accenture specified but I still accepted. Great offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Behavioral first round interview: asked questions about resume, achievements, failures, and the whole like. It was a very personable experience and the interviewer and I connected well. Second rounds were all cases.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Called by technical architect, asked specific questions about skills and job experience that were technical in nature. A bit of a language barrier, but all in all nothing too unexpected.