Accenture Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.1

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

First round was behavioral. Questions surrounding my resume and past experiences and typical behavioral questions. Second round was a case interview. Third round was a confirmation interview detailing the position and what the position might entail.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Three interviews.
    One behavioral, one confirming, One case.
    Pretty simple and straight forward.
    Prepare for the case. It is hard. They are looking for your thought process not necessarily the correct answer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Average questions. Combination of social/technical. First a couple of phone conversations followed by on-site interview with more technical questions. On-site interview asked to be well prepared with your projects ready.

Informatica Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was just a three step process. Obviously an interview with the recruiter going over my background and my interests. Next, a technical interview with a Technical Lead and then a fit for the company interview with a Senior Manager. The only problem was that the time between the technical interview and the interview with the senior manager was over a month apart, so I thought that accenture wasn't interested in me even though I had great feedback after my technical interview. Since I knew that the technical interview was going to be on my knowledge of informatica, I kind of knew how to prepare. I studied for a few days, and was able to answer every informatica question to the best of my ability. The interview with the senior manager was fairly easy as well; we basically went over my background to see my interests and how accenture could help me get there. That interview was supposed to be an hour, but ended up being 30 mins. The technical interview was over the phone for 45 minutes, and the interview with the senior manager was a virtual interview on a Friday afternoon -- so the guy I interviewed with was probably in a good mood since the weekend was here. It was a pleasant experience though! I honestly thought the interview process would be way more difficult than it was based on different things that I had read. I got lucky!

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals and how can Accenture help you achieve that?   Answer Question

Computer Software Engineer, Applications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a three-round interview process. The first interview was over the phone, and consisted of a few general questions about yourself and a brief introduction as to what the role may require you to know. After a week, you get contacted by another recruiter which sets up a second phone interview. This interview is usually conducted by the project manager which you will be working under. This is the most extensive interview, asking both behavioral and a few technical questions. Really focus on highlighting your stengths and show how valuable you would be as an employee. In this case, since the programming language is not common, the technical questions were minimal as you would need to go through training to learn it regardless. This may not be the case every time, since Accenture is a big and growing company they may require you to have extensive knowledge on the programming aspect before joining the team. A week following the second interview, a recruiter will make contact to schedule a third and final interview. This interview was done via a webcam and consisted of many more behavioral questions as well as an extensive breakdown of what the position has you do on a daily basis. It's more laid back due to the second interview being the factoring decision on whether you'll be hired or not. The third interview was conducted by a client manager, which oversees the entire process and is basically the boss of your boss (hiring manager). This interview is to get to know you better, and again try to highlight why you are a valuable asset to the company as in any other interview. A week after the third interview you'll get contacted by the same recruiter to give you a verbal offer and you'll be sent a electronic offer letter and start date. The whole process took about a month so do not panic if you don't get contacted right away.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a co-worker, and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about some things you learned during your educational experience (Technical question)   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you were on a team and were behind on a deadline or goal. What did you do in this situation and what was your role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

went straight to superday. had to conduct interview over skype because I was out of country. One case study and one in depth behavioral interviewer. The case study was straight forward, but I was at a disadvantage having to do the over the phone. Make sure you are prepared.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you messed up and there was nothing you could do to solve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

1 HR Behavioral, 4 Case Interviews all over the phone and one final confirming interview in person. They decided on their own that I should be considered for the Consultant even though I applied for Senior Analyst. The interviews lasted over a span of two months. I was able to negotiate pay since I had another offer and start date.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward from start to finish - applied via employee referral, and was contacted same day. Total process took about three weeks from prelim phone screen to offer. As an external hire, this was much appreciated and I felt valued throughout! Had 6 interviews in total - phone screen, skills analysis, behavioral, and three in person interviews (one case, one skills, and a conversation with a Managing Director).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were on a tight deadline in a group project. How did you manage?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Initially a phone call and some basic questions then a case study interview where you have to figure out what this company needs to do based on the numbers.

Interview Questions

• What is your potential track here at Accenture? How does your background and experience contribute to your career at Accenture?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was very relaxed. Primarily behavioral questions.
    Second interview was with two interviewers, one was behavioral and the other was a case interview.
    Case interview was challenging. I thought I delved deep into many of the technical details required for the problem, yet the interviewer was looking for more of a shallow, consultant-style answer. I tried to "solve" the problem, and the real answer was to simply set up meetings with the team leaders.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps you would take to migrate a hospital IT system located on two sites into one site?   Answer Question