Accenture Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

152 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview Process was simple and to the point. It was round robin style and the interviewers were professional and friendly. A schedule of the interview times were given prior to interviews. Lunch was provided and the interviewers were extremely approachable and gave good advice the night before during the social. Contact was made the week prior to interviews to confirm travel times/conflicts and etc. Overall, the interview process was smooth, however, some of the times went over and it through times off. Interviewers tried to manage this by rearranging interview times after lunch.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a difficult problem/situation? Did you have any kickback from your decisions/recommendations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

1. Applied through school website
    2. Was asked to apply on their website- so applied on there website
    3. Scheduled a phone call: interviewer on the phone call was super nice and helpful. informed me that she would proceed me to the next in-person interviewer
    4. In-person interview: Behavioral and case study. Prepare for general questions: why consulting, why Accenture and learn about the company and what they do.
    5. Heard back with them a month later

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

First round was behavioral. Questions surrounding my resume and past experiences and typical behavioral questions. Second round was a case interview. Third round was a confirmation interview detailing the position and what the position might entail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for Technology Analyst position online. I was directly scheduled for onsite interviews at Chicago office. I had 3 rounds. Two of them were more behavioral type and one was a case study. I did well on them all.

However, I didn't hear anything for many weeks. The recruiter who got my interview scheduled wouldn't follow up. He would not pick up his phone, and take a long time to reply my emails. Every time he would only tell me that we're still at the same place, I will let you know if I hear anything. After many back and forth emails, I got a rejection email without any negative feedback. I had a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Talked to HR on the phone shortly after sending in my application. Second round interview in person with staff member who oversees Executive Assistants. Final round interview with Office Manager. Heard back from HR after the final interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Three interviews.
    One behavioral, one confirming, One case.
    Pretty simple and straight forward.
    Prepare for the case. It is hard. They are looking for your thought process not necessarily the correct answer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Accenture?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Average questions. Combination of social/technical. First a couple of phone conversations followed by on-site interview with more technical questions. On-site interview asked to be well prepared with your projects ready.

Interview Questions

• Describe your skills and projects.   1 Answer

Informatica Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was just a three step process. Obviously an interview with the recruiter going over my background and my interests. Next, a technical interview with a Technical Lead and then a fit for the company interview with a Senior Manager. The only problem was that the time between the technical interview and the interview with the senior manager was over a month apart, so I thought that accenture wasn't interested in me even though I had great feedback after my technical interview. Since I knew that the technical interview was going to be on my knowledge of informatica, I kind of knew how to prepare. I studied for a few days, and was able to answer every informatica question to the best of my ability. The interview with the senior manager was fairly easy as well; we basically went over my background to see my interests and how accenture could help me get there. That interview was supposed to be an hour, but ended up being 30 mins. The technical interview was over the phone for 45 minutes, and the interview with the senior manager was a virtual interview on a Friday afternoon -- so the guy I interviewed with was probably in a good mood since the weekend was here. It was a pleasant experience though! I honestly thought the interview process would be way more difficult than it was based on different things that I had read. I got lucky!

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals and how can Accenture help you achieve that?   1 Answer

Computer Software Engineer, Applications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a three-round interview process. The first interview was over the phone, and consisted of a few general questions about yourself and a brief introduction as to what the role may require you to know. After a week, you get contacted by another recruiter which sets up a second phone interview. This interview is usually conducted by the project manager which you will be working under. This is the most extensive interview, asking both behavioral and a few technical questions. Really focus on highlighting your stengths and show how valuable you would be as an employee. In this case, since the programming language is not common, the technical questions were minimal as you would need to go through training to learn it regardless. This may not be the case every time, since Accenture is a big and growing company they may require you to have extensive knowledge on the programming aspect before joining the team. A week following the second interview, a recruiter will make contact to schedule a third and final interview. This interview was done via a webcam and consisted of many more behavioral questions as well as an extensive breakdown of what the position has you do on a daily basis. It's more laid back due to the second interview being the factoring decision on whether you'll be hired or not. The third interview was conducted by a client manager, which oversees the entire process and is basically the boss of your boss (hiring manager). This interview is to get to know you better, and again try to highlight why you are a valuable asset to the company as in any other interview. A week after the third interview you'll get contacted by the same recruiter to give you a verbal offer and you'll be sent a electronic offer letter and start date. The whole process took about a month so do not panic if you don't get contacted right away.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a co-worker, and what you did to fix it.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about some things you learned during your educational experience (Technical question)   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when you were on a team and were behind on a deadline or goal. What did you do in this situation and what was your role?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

went straight to superday. had to conduct interview over skype because I was out of country. One case study and one in depth behavioral interviewer. The case study was straight forward, but I was at a disadvantage having to do the over the phone. Make sure you are prepared.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you messed up and there was nothing you could do to solve it.   1 Answer