Accenture Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

160 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

My resume was submitted through their employee referral program. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter who asked me a few basic questions and wanted details on my background. Then, he set up two phone interviews that were business case study interviews. During each case study interview, the interviewer asked me details about my background and also asked me general questions like: What do you know about Accenture, why do you want to be a consultant, what do you think a typical day is like for a consultant.

Interview Questions

• One case study was about budgeting and forecasting. The other was on cost optimization.   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Extensive and you need to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation and problem solving questions related to your field of work.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

There are multiple steps in the process and all of the can be completed over the phone until the last interview. This is in person or via tele-presence. I had a total or six interviews, one per week. I had more than the normal amount because I originally applied for one position and was rejected. However, with a couple of days I was offered the chance to interview for my current position. You must have documentation to back up your experience.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate - they offered me a salary in the range I needed. I also received a signing bonus, due to the fact that I would be ineligible for a promotion that year.

HRIS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, 2nd level hiring manager phone interview, face-to-face, team meet-up and group chat. Senior Exec interviews then offer to acceptance. Detailed questions around competence, on the job skills and interpersonal relationship

Interview Questions

• Knowledge about employer business   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

1 HR Behavioral, 4 Case Interviews all over the phone and one final confirming interview in person. They decided on their own that I should be considered for the Consultant even though I applied for Senior Analyst. The interviews lasted over a span of two months. I was able to negotiate pay since I had another offer and start date.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

First round was behavioral. Questions surrounding my resume and past experiences and typical behavioral questions. Second round was a case interview. Third round was a confirmation interview detailing the position and what the position might entail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was very relaxed. Primarily behavioral questions.
    Second interview was with two interviewers, one was behavioral and the other was a case interview.
    Case interview was challenging. I thought I delved deep into many of the technical details required for the problem, yet the interviewer was looking for more of a shallow, consultant-style answer. I tried to "solve" the problem, and the real answer was to simply set up meetings with the team leaders.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps you would take to migrate a hospital IT system located on two sites into one site?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward from start to finish - applied via employee referral, and was contacted same day. Total process took about three weeks from prelim phone screen to offer. As an external hire, this was much appreciated and I felt valued throughout! Had 6 interviews in total - phone screen, skills analysis, behavioral, and three in person interviews (one case, one skills, and a conversation with a Managing Director).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were on a tight deadline in a group project. How did you manage?   1 Answer

Technology Consulting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The process depends on how you're being brought in. Most newbies would have more levels of interviews. Transferrees would have around 2. If your name resounds well within the organization, you will have this as formality. At the end of each process, a Managing Director will close the process.

MC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

They are three sets of interviews: On Campus Screening, Phone Interview, Onsite Interview divided into a traditional interview and a case study. Overall, it was a very competitive process but it helps them weed out their candidates. Everyone you speak with is very interesting and helpful. Was really impressed with the culture and everyone I spoke with.