Accenture Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

154 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cyber Security Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Did a phone interview that mostly consisted of a very lengthy overview of the company, the hiring process; very few actual questions from the interviewer to evaluate me. Next I was sent an email asking me to answer the following questions to get more of a feel .

Would you please respond to the following questions (as best as you can)……

1) Have you developed a security program? If so, what was your role?
    2) How did this security program align to the overall corporate strategy?
    3) Give examples of strategies you have developed.
    4) What are things companies are doing wrong in terms of security?
    5) What do we know that is really bad in our environment? How should we deal with it?
    6) What have we said ‘yes’ to that we should have said ‘no’ to?
    7) Do we have the right resources to do all the things we need to do for a security program? Why?

The questions are kind of vague and half-cocked. What they are referring to when they say "we."? When asked "Do we have the right resources to do all the things we need to do for a security program?" What is that referring to? We as in Accenture? We as in all of America? We as in the private cybersecurity sector as a whole?

I have extensive background in the field and I provided several pages of in depth answers to each of the questions,

I received a call a couple of week later stating that I was no longer being considered for the position. It made me wonder if my answers that I had spent several hours answering were read at all, or if a hiring manager had eliminated my candidacy after glancing at my resume before making the final cut.

Interview Questions

• Have you developed a security program? If so, what was your role?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and it took a couple months for them to get back to me. Very helpful in the interview process, I couldn't meet at the office so they were fine with a skype interview. Interviewed on the phone with HR and then interviewed with a manager and a newly hired analyst.

Supply Chain Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Went through three rounds of interviews with two recruiting coordinators then one with company leadership. The first two rounds of interview were to talk about my background and skillsets, some story-telling questions. The last interview was more specifically focused on previous experiences; I was also given a situation and asked how I would resolve.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a conflict with your supervisor.
      Tell me about a time where you took a project from inception to completion   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Evanston, IL).

Interview

One round - 2 45-minute interviews. 1 full behavioral and mini case + 1 short behavioral and full case. Interviewers were really nice, and helped a lot when I messed up.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process was not too difficult. However, there were multiple steps, that took over a couple of months. Recruiter was very helpful and flexible, was able to negotiate with Accenture and get the salary I rated. Looking forward in starting here shortly.

Interview Questions

• How will your background help you succeed at Accenture?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

The final round interview was overall fairly relaxed if you are prepared for the format of the case study. Most people at my school had an in person interview for the first round. For the second and final round, I did not feel that I did great in my case study, but after a more positive confirming interview I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an example where you gained leadership skills.   Answer Question

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied via Accenture's career webpage, received an email 2 weeks later from a recruiter to setup a time to talk, a week later the recruiter setup a face to face interview with the hiring manager in the office downtown. The recruiter was actually quite nice and easy to talk to--he followed up when he said he would. Unfortunately, the hiring manager forgot that she was suppose to interview me that day. I meet and interviewed with one of the associates and then a different manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you do at your current job?

Tell me about yourself.

Why are you interested in this position?

Tell me of a time when you took initiative.

Are you comfortable working under very little supervision?   Answer Question

Veterans IT Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview with HR for a chance to get signed up for the free training program they offer (you get a free Udemy course and, upon completion, are allowed to interview with them). Did well and he said he'd get me in the next batch of trainees. Unfortunately, the guy was incompetent and never followed through.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Excellent and comprehensive series of events. They look for consistent demonstration of your understanding of theory, your particular industry and you provide evidence of the application and measurable results.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

In my case, there were two rounds of interviews. Both sets of interviews were held on campus. My first round interview was more behaviorally based and the second round was half behavioral, half case interview. I spoke with people who were very tenured within the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a conflict.   Answer Question