Accenture Client Financial Management Analyst Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The overall hiring process was fairly smooth for myself. I was contacted by one of the recruiters in the AFS division regarding a position I applied for online. I applied for the position in June and did not hear anything back until around late October. Once I got in contact with the recruiter she set me up for a phone screening that took around 30 minutes. I was then passed onto another recruiteer who then set up an in person interview for the next week. They said the interview would take around 3-4 hours (they are not kidding). I met with 5 different individuals ranging from an individual who was currently sitting in the role all the way up to the Senior manager of a particular division. They are contantly asking you what you learned about AFS as a whole as well as the position from the person in the previous interview so take LOTS of notes. Be prepared to explain in depth everything that is on your resume and how you made an impact doing it.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you conducted a financial analyses. How did you go about doing so?   Answer Question
  • What do you know about what we do here at Accenture Federal Services? What do you know about the position overall?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you worked on a budget.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you were leading a team and had to ensure teamwork was being utilized.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

1) Phone screening with HR rep (about 30 minutes)
    2) 4+ hour interview online. (Could not make it to office)
          -4 separate interviews from various levels within the CFM team (About 45 minutes to an hour long with an analyst, Specialist, Manger, CFM Exec.)
          - Interview with the specialist was the skills interview where they ask behavioral questions.
          -They ask you to answer the questions based on past work experience.
          -TAKE NOTES THE WHOLE TIME!!!
          -Ask questions if you don't understand the position.
          - Make sure to study up on Accenture as a whole and why you think the culture is right for you.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then a screening with current manager. Then invited to an in-person interview. All in about a two month span from applying to the job and then getting an offer

Client Management Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a simple phone interview making sure all the information on your resume was correct and you were qualified. The second interview was also on the phone, but it was more of a behavioral interview. They would ask questions about your college experience and group work and ask you to provide examples of how you handed certain situations. The third interview was in person and consisted of meeting with 5-6 different team members.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      Give us an example of how you reacted in a difficult group project situation.
      Do you have experience with forecasts and budgeting?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Started off with a brief phone interview asking about my background and career goals. Then, an hour long behavioral interview over the phone where they asked a bunch of situational questions. Afterwards, you are brought into the office for a 3 hour interview where you have 4 half hour to one hour interviews with members of the CFM team from analysts to senior manager. Know your resume down cold, and be sure to take notes in the beginning when the position is described in detail, because you will be asked multiple times what you know about the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

3 interviews- brief phone call, hour long phone call, 3-hour video conference interview. first phone call was easy about my resume. second was a behavioral interview (recall a time you were challenged, you foresaw a problem, etc-- they ask you to elaborate on everything you say and will ask more questions like "and how did that make you feel"). 3rd interview was over video (supposed to be in office but they don't pay for flights) with 4 different people. know info about accenture and about the position- everyone asked what the company does and what you know about the role you're applying for. be attentive and ask relevant questions. overall everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

1. Contacted an employee in the company to refer me
    2. Recruiter called to ask which positions I wanted to apply for
    3. Another recruiter called to match my resume skills to the job description
    4. Hiring manager called and conducted a situational-based interview. The questions were simple i.e. Name a time you had to deal with a difficult classmate, have you ever been in a project with a tight deadline
    5. Flew to DC on my own dime to have a interview with an analyst, specialist, and manager in the duration of 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• You have $10 million dollars in expenses. You're halfway into a project and the profit margin decreases 5%. What are some managerial actions you would take to remedy the project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

Contacted almost immediately after applying for the position. Spoke briefly with a general recruiter (that reviewed applications) who then assigned me to my "official" recruiter. My official recruiter contacted me via email and set up a phone interview with a specific employee. It was stated in the confirmation that it would be a behavioral interview. Behavioral interview was about 45 minutes long. Typical behavioral interview questions- nothing to be overly concerned about. Just be prepared for the usual. Recruiter contacted me again stating I had been selected for an in person interview in the Arlington office. My interview was scheduled for 1230 in Arlington. I was there from 1230-430. (Four 1 hour interviews) First interview- overview of the position. Second interview- starting to get into skills, review of the position. Third interview- some behavioral, skill questions. Fourth interview- Overview of everything stated, questions about experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with budgets and/ or forecasting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

The first interview was a basic dissection of my resume by a recruiter. The second was a situational interview that lasted for 1 hour and was very in depth. The third and final round consisted of 4 interviews....the first with 2 current CFM's, the second with a specialist, the third with a manager, and the fourth with the head of the CFM program. All of the interviews from the final round except the specialist interview was just casual talking about Accenture....no one really referenced my resume in this round....Know about the company, why you want to work there, and read about current news.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in July 2011.

Interview

1. I applied on Monster
    2. Recruiter contacted me from Georgia-went over my resume and my interest in Accenture
    3. Recruiter sets me up with a situational interview-questions are asked such as "Tell me about a time where you had to build credibility" and "tell me about a time when you had to do deep financial analyses". These are examples of situational questions. The interviewer stated I did well and that I will hear back from the recruiter
    4. The recruiter responds via email to me with positive feedback and set me up with the team (Analyst, Specialist, Mgr) that same week.
    5. The team couldnt make that week so we rescheduled for another week.
    6. Interview finally scheduled
    7. Interview was 1:1 with Analyst, Specialist, and Mgr. Analyst was pretty basic. She wants to get you to summarize what you know about the role so that you are ready for the next interview going forward. You can ask questions. Specialist had behavioral questions, such as "tell me about a time when you worked on a budget". Some responses from the Specialist I got was "excellent response". Mgr meeting is next to determine what you know about the company. The manager i interviewed with, you may have a good rapport. He/she asks questions about what you know about Accenture, and just a dissection of your resume. It also seems as if he/she is picking your brain at this point. I felt as if questions were deviating from the role. Overall I felt the interview process was good.
    8. Contacted by recruiter to give feedback. Ill just leave it at that lol..

Accenture seems to commonly choose people right out of college. As I looked around, i noticed people much younger than me at the Analyst level. That, and they start EVERYONE at an Analyst level so be ready to start off at 50k per annum and dont think about negotiating. Just be mindful of this, they recruit from college and if you are not from this range, you may not be a great cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you maintain profitability at a top end. How would you maintain profitability for your company at a low end?   1 Answer