Accenture Consultant Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Accenture Consultant Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated May 22, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview Process was simple and to the point. It was round robin style and the interviewers were professional and friendly. A schedule of the interview times were given prior to interviews. Lunch was provided and the interviewers were extremely approachable and gave good advice the night before during the social. Contact was made the week prior to interviews to confirm travel times/conflicts and etc. Overall, the interview process was smooth, however, some of the times went over and it through times off. Interviewers tried to manage this by rearranging interview times after lunch.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a difficult problem/situation? Did you have any kickback from your decisions/recommendations?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

1 HR Behavioral, 4 Case Interviews all over the phone and one final confirming interview in person. They decided on their own that I should be considered for the Consultant even though I applied for Senior Analyst. The interviews lasted over a span of two months. I was able to negotiate pay since I had another offer and start date.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward from start to finish - applied via employee referral, and was contacted same day. Total process took about three weeks from prelim phone screen to offer. As an external hire, this was much appreciated and I felt valued throughout! Had 6 interviews in total - phone screen, skills analysis, behavioral, and three in person interviews (one case, one skills, and a conversation with a Managing Director).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were on a tight deadline in a group project. How did you manage?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was very relaxed. Primarily behavioral questions.
    Second interview was with two interviewers, one was behavioral and the other was a case interview.
    Case interview was challenging. I thought I delved deep into many of the technical details required for the problem, yet the interviewer was looking for more of a shallow, consultant-style answer. I tried to "solve" the problem, and the real answer was to simply set up meetings with the team leaders.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps you would take to migrate a hospital IT system located on two sites into one site?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Excellent and comprehensive series of events. They look for consistent demonstration of your understanding of theory, your particular industry and you provide evidence of the application and measurable results.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was invited to interview at an MBA conference. 2 one-hour interviews were scheduled, one behavioral and one case. The behavioral interview was scheduled to be first, but when I started the interview, found out the case was first. I was asked to demonstrate my foreign language abilities listed on my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

simple and straight forward, attrition is so high at this company and their mantra is we will throw you through fire and see if you have a backbone, if you make it, good for you, if not so long amigo.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

Many interviews (3+). Slow process. It is not true that if you make it to the final round you will get an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Relaxed. Phone interview first with HR, then in person with HR and senior manager.
    HR first asked standard behavior questions, in the face to face interview more technical question where asked.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest failure in your professional career and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

Campus recruiting through graduate program. All candidates go through case and behavioral interviews. The schools manage the processes during the fall and spring for full time and internship recruiting. Interviewing off-cycle can be difficult because there are so many roles open and so few recruiters to handle the interest. Networking can be very helpful when trying to get into the firm. If you know an actual consultant, try to get your resume in there.

Interview Questions

• Their interviews are very conversational cases. Less formulaic than other consulting companies. Interviewers use cases from their actual experience. Very interactive. We discussed how to make a prominent federal agency profitable again. It was very engaging and the firms tries to pick interviewers that are good at interviewing (from what I can tell).   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Offers are standard across all campus recruiting.