Accenture Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward from start to finish - applied via employee referral, and was contacted same day. Total process took about three weeks from prelim phone screen to offer. As an external hire, this was much appreciated and I felt valued throughout! Had 6 interviews in total - phone screen, skills analysis, behavioral, and three in person interviews (one case, one skills, and a conversation with a Managing Director).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were on a tight deadline in a group project. How did you manage?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruited through my university. Straight forward first round, no surprises. They asked a lot about the details of Accenture, how they work and what they do. They also appreciated originality and pro-active questioning.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Gainesville, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of on campus interviews. Two behavioral interviews plus one case study (2.5 hours total during two days). The interviews were two weeks after the career fair. Invited to interview over emails, received a call with the interview results. They put together a bunch of events to help prepare for the case interview and to network with their recruiting team. Very professional and young crowd!

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment when you lead a team and failed to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's recruitment application. A week after I submitted the application, I got an email that informed me I had an interview on campus three days later. It was a one on one interview where he asked me a series of pretty standard interview questions that lasted an hour. Then I waited 5 days to see if I had a second interview. Then I would have gone to the office the next Friday but since I was out of town and I had already had an interview with an executive, they decided to give me a phone interview the following week that included another behavioral interview and a case study that last in sum an hour and a half. Now I am waiting to hear back for the next steps.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of team questions. So "Tell me about a time you had a conflict in a team and what did you do to help resolve the problem?" "Tell me about a time you were in a team and....?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

2 Interviews - one case interview and one confirming round behavioral Interview. Case was a straightforward project on analyzing a company's issues and how to approach a resolution. Behavioral was very simple. Just be yourself and show interest in the position and good attitude.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why are you interested in Consulting?   1 Answer

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Two rounds, first one was an hour behavioral, second was an hour case and an hour behavioral. Think they try to phase you during the case interview but as long as you don't get flustered its ok.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was very relaxed. Primarily behavioral questions.
    Second interview was with two interviewers, one was behavioral and the other was a case interview.
    Case interview was challenging. I thought I delved deep into many of the technical details required for the problem, yet the interviewer was looking for more of a shallow, consultant-style answer. I tried to "solve" the problem, and the real answer was to simply set up meetings with the team leaders.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps you would take to migrate a hospital IT system located on two sites into one site?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I did got an interview through campus recruiting. My interview was a one hour behavioral. I didn't get invited back for second round, which was at their offices and actually involved a case.

Interview Questions

• All the basics-- walk me through your resume, why Accenture? what do you do for fun? Why you?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Multiple step process. Qualifying interview with recruiter. Then skills assessment, and behavioral interview with senior managers. Then on site interview for cultural fit and more skills / behavioral questions. Process was a bit long.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the travel lifestyle?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online and was contacted by internal recruiter for phone screen. After brief discussion she said she felt I was overqualified for the role I had applied for but said she wanted to pass along my resume to one of her colleagues. The next day I was contacted by another recruiter to schedule initial phone screen, followed by situational/behavioral interview (phone), case interview (Skype), and meetings with two Managing Directors (one by video conference, one in-person). Called and told they were going to back an offer a few hours after final interview, received official offer letter 2 days later.

Pros
    *Very efficient, entire process took about 2 weeks
    *Recruiter was responsive to questions and generally provided feedback on interviews within 24 hours
    *Interviewers all seemed well prepared and familiar with my resume

Cons
    *Refused to negotiate compensation. Initial offer was reasonable but presented as take it or leave it
    *Extensive background check and onboarding process resulted in 3 week lag between acceptance of offer and start date
    *Very little information provided about benefits when I pressed for details on things like cost of medical plans was told that would be covered at orientation

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had a difficult relationship with a co-worker   1 Answer