Accenture Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 25, 2017

3.1

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Two rounds, first one was an hour behavioral, second was an hour case and an hour behavioral. Think they try to phase you during the case interview but as long as you don't get flustered its ok.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was very relaxed. Primarily behavioral questions.
    Second interview was with two interviewers, one was behavioral and the other was a case interview.
    Case interview was challenging. I thought I delved deep into many of the technical details required for the problem, yet the interviewer was looking for more of a shallow, consultant-style answer. I tried to "solve" the problem, and the real answer was to simply set up meetings with the team leaders.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps you would take to migrate a hospital IT system located on two sites into one site?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I did got an interview through campus recruiting. My interview was a one hour behavioral. I didn't get invited back for second round, which was at their offices and actually involved a case.

Interview Questions

• All the basics-- walk me through your resume, why Accenture? what do you do for fun? Why you?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Multiple step process. Qualifying interview with recruiter. Then skills assessment, and behavioral interview with senior managers. Then on site interview for cultural fit and more skills / behavioral questions. Process was a bit long.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the travel lifestyle?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online and was contacted by internal recruiter for phone screen. After brief discussion she said she felt I was overqualified for the role I had applied for but said she wanted to pass along my resume to one of her colleagues. The next day I was contacted by another recruiter to schedule initial phone screen, followed by situational/behavioral interview (phone), case interview (Skype), and meetings with two Managing Directors (one by video conference, one in-person). Called and told they were going to back an offer a few hours after final interview, received official offer letter 2 days later.

Pros
    *Very efficient, entire process took about 2 weeks
    *Recruiter was responsive to questions and generally provided feedback on interviews within 24 hours
    *Interviewers all seemed well prepared and familiar with my resume

Cons
    *Refused to negotiate compensation. Initial offer was reasonable but presented as take it or leave it
    *Extensive background check and onboarding process resulted in 3 week lag between acceptance of offer and start date
    *Very little information provided about benefits when I pressed for details on things like cost of medical plans was told that would be covered at orientation

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had a difficult relationship with a co-worker   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was already an experienced subcontractor working on the project I was interviewing for so I was able to skip the initial skills & screening interviews. I went through 2 rounds of interviews and was offered a fair and competitive role and salary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you found yourself bumping up against a deadline and realizing that there was no way you were going to be able to make it.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied it through online application with the firm web site.
    about 2 weeks later, I got the 1st round of interview with HR.
    and another 2 weeks later, I got the 2nd round with hiring manager. But he asked only the structure questions, but not on my past project experience since i am an experienced hiring

Interview Questions

• too many questions like how many oil gas station in this city   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture in June 2016.

Interview

Talk to recruiter which resulted in 3 interviews over a period of almost two months until I finally got to the first day of work. Process started in Jun and I did not start first day until Aug 24.

Interview Questions

• Technical skills and behavior questions from consultant, SM and then executive.   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First round interview on campus - behavioral. Very chill.
    Second round interviews in their SF office. One case, one behavioral. My case interviewer was sick or had allergies or something but he was incredibly sleepy/tired/boring. Somewhat unprofessional, but he seemed sick so maybe that explains it. Second interviewer was bright, intelligent, well accomplished (grad school, mechanical engineering, stanford), a bit cocky. He was much more engaging.

The case was different that the typical case-prep cases. No calculations, mostly logical deduction and organization. Not interview-led (not very conversational). You were given a sheet of paper with the details of the case, 10 minutes to analyze it and then provide your analysis and summarized takeaways.

You'll have to do a background check before starting work.
    Also they make you take a personality test.

Interview Questions

• - Time you had to implement something new
      - Time you had to learn something completely novel
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Acquired from another company, therefore I did not have to interview. This does not apply to me. I was told that the interview was a case study interview. I was also told that you interview with managers and team members

Interview Questions

• I did not interview, however I am told the interview is a case study interview   Answer Question