Accenture Consulting Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Consulting Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

3.1

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

On campus recruiting, 2 interviews with managers in-person (all normal behavioral questions and resume screening), 1 case interview (lots of details, multiple questions, intuitive) + 1 confirmation interview (more behavioral)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I went to the 2016 SHPE National Conference in November. Had my first interview there, and was contacted two weeks later to schedule my second (and final) interview round. This was in early December.

This interview consisted of two parts - case study and behavioral interview. Case study was quite fun and the interviewer was EXTREMELY friendly. He was mentor material and tried to figure out if I might be a fit for Accenture, and consulting in general, and if yes, then what area would I like to work for. I don't think it mattered if the solution I provided was right or not...I just thought my way through it out loud so that the interviewer would get an idea of my thought process. Accenture did give me practice opportunities between November and December for the case study - the recruiters scheduled a few Skype calls with the us to answer any questions we had, and we were even paired up with a buddy (a person that works at Accenture). I did not practice a case interview with my buddy, but I know that others did.

The behavioral interview was like the first interview - they just wanted to know more details about things we mentioned in our resume and asked questions pertaining to team work, etc.

When we were done with both parts, we were told that we should hear back within two weeks. I did not hear back till a month later, and I think that it had to do with the holiday season and all. From what I've heard, they call you if you're selected, or else they email you.

After you've been given an offer, Accenture has a few social events planned too - so that you can meet new entries, current employees, etc. and see if Accenture is the right fit for you (if you haven't accepted your offer) or make connections (if you have accepted your offer).

I don't speak for all recruiters, but my recruiter is god-send. She is amazing - extremely kind, resourceful, and like a mentor.

Interview Questions

• Have there been times when you were on a team and the team didn't want to do the same thing as you? (This was an extension of a problem I mentioned I had with something pertaining to my resume)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but I was given a few options to select as my home office. The offer is on par with other similar companies - Deloitte, McKinsey, etc. so it wasn't an issue.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

2 on-campus interviews. The first interview was all behavioral questions, while the second interview was two-fold: a case interview, and a casual interview/conversation with an Accenture executive. I made it to the second stage interview. They give you a preparation packet for the case interview, which is by far the most difficult part of the process. After the first interview, an Accenture employee called me to give me tips.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture in February 2017.

Interview

interviewed on campus for first round, get called for second round if you pass that. The guy who intervewed me was very nice and made a lot of small talk. they asked all the basic questions you can get asked in an interview. all behavioral

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Went to an on-campus recruiting event and followed up with an application through my college's career website. First there was a behavioral interview then a second round with one case study, another behavioral, and a "fit" interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where something did not go according to plan and you had to correct it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round of interviews was held on campus about two weeks after the application submission deadline. The interview was behavioral and led by an Accenture manager. Much of the interview consisted of questions concerning the experiences noted on my resume. Towards the end of the interview, my interviewer asked several questions regarding the structure of the company. He also devoted time to answering any questions I had about the company. The following Monday, I learned I had advanced to the second round of interviews, which consisted of a 45-minute long case study and a 45-minute long behavioral interview. I strongly suggest that you pay close attention to the interviewer's prompts and guiding questions during the case study, as said prompts and questions will dramatically improve your understanding of the case and your subsequent performance during the interview. The behavioral interview was led by a different Accenture manager--not the same person from Round 1 nor from the case study--and this interview was more narrowly focused on allowing the interviewer to gauge whether I'd be a good fit, culturally and professionally, at Accenture. The following week, I learned of my offer over the phone. The three interviewers I had were professional and incredibly candid and encouraging. The questions were certainly relevant and appropriate. My three pieces of advice include (1) have background knowledge on Accenture, (2) prepare for the case study and ask questions during, and (3) be yourself and be honest--the interviewers in both behavioral rounds are judging whether you'd be a good fit!

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance in which you made a mistake (professionally) or experienced some sort of obstacle and you had to resolve it. What steps did you take?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview first. Second round followed a few days later via an hour long phone interview. Then an in-person office visit where I had a 45' case interview and a 45' behavioral portion.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Accenture?   1 Answer

I have not yet completed my interviews, I just want access to all of glassdoor's information.

Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through the website, attended an information session at my school, and visited their booth at the NBMBAA conference.

As with any big company repetition and networking is key to landing an interview. From each event or interaction with Accenture, I received their contact information and established a relationship with them via e-mail or LinkedIn.

I was contacted for an initial interview by the end of that month.

There are three steps to the interview process. 1.) An initial interview with a recruiter to gauge your interest. and fit with the company. 2.) A phone interview with a manager that includes behavioral questions and in depth overview of your resume. 3.) An in person interview at one of their US offices.

The entire interview process lasted for approximately a month with consideration to holiday breaks and absences. My third and final interview is scheduled for 2 weeks from today.

Interview Questions

• Were you involved in any organizations, work, or extra-curricular activities while you were in school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed as an undergrad for entry-level position. There were 3 on-campus interviews: first interview is behavioral, second is a case interview, and the final interview is another behavioral interview but with a managing director.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

First round was 45 min behavioral interview (and 15 min to ask your own questions - come prepared!). Second round was two 45 min interviews: a case interview and a confirm interview. Confirm interview was just another behavioral interview and case interview was very straightforward. All the interviewers were really nice and all the questions were pretty standard behavioral. It was not a hard interview, but the hard part is standing out. Showing your enthusiasm for the company is important and the interviewers can definitely tell when you are being genuine and when you are not.