Accenture Consulting Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Consulting Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

3.1

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I went to the 2016 SHPE National Conference in November. Had my first interview there, and was contacted two weeks later to schedule my second (and final) interview round. This was in early December.

This interview consisted of two parts - case study and behavioral interview. Case study was quite fun and the interviewer was EXTREMELY friendly. He was mentor material and tried to figure out if I might be a fit for Accenture, and consulting in general, and if yes, then what area would I like to work for. I don't think it mattered if the solution I provided was right or not...I just thought my way through it out loud so that the interviewer would get an idea of my thought process. Accenture did give me practice opportunities between November and December for the case study - the recruiters scheduled a few Skype calls with the us to answer any questions we had, and we were even paired up with a buddy (a person that works at Accenture). I did not practice a case interview with my buddy, but I know that others did.

The behavioral interview was like the first interview - they just wanted to know more details about things we mentioned in our resume and asked questions pertaining to team work, etc.

When we were done with both parts, we were told that we should hear back within two weeks. I did not hear back till a month later, and I think that it had to do with the holiday season and all. From what I've heard, they call you if you're selected, or else they email you.

After you've been given an offer, Accenture has a few social events planned too - so that you can meet new entries, current employees, etc. and see if Accenture is the right fit for you (if you haven't accepted your offer) or make connections (if you have accepted your offer).

I don't speak for all recruiters, but my recruiter is god-send. She is amazing - extremely kind, resourceful, and like a mentor.

Interview Questions

• Have there been times when you were on a team and the team didn't want to do the same thing as you? (This was an extension of a problem I mentioned I had with something pertaining to my resume)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but I was given a few options to select as my home office. The offer is on par with other similar companies - Deloitte, McKinsey, etc. so it wasn't an issue.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Went to an on-campus recruiting event and followed up with an application through my college's career website. First there was a behavioral interview then a second round with one case study, another behavioral, and a "fit" interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where something did not go according to plan and you had to correct it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round of interviews was held on campus about two weeks after the application submission deadline. The interview was behavioral and led by an Accenture manager. Much of the interview consisted of questions concerning the experiences noted on my resume. Towards the end of the interview, my interviewer asked several questions regarding the structure of the company. He also devoted time to answering any questions I had about the company. The following Monday, I learned I had advanced to the second round of interviews, which consisted of a 45-minute long case study and a 45-minute long behavioral interview. I strongly suggest that you pay close attention to the interviewer's prompts and guiding questions during the case study, as said prompts and questions will dramatically improve your understanding of the case and your subsequent performance during the interview. The behavioral interview was led by a different Accenture manager--not the same person from Round 1 nor from the case study--and this interview was more narrowly focused on allowing the interviewer to gauge whether I'd be a good fit, culturally and professionally, at Accenture. The following week, I learned of my offer over the phone. The three interviewers I had were professional and incredibly candid and encouraging. The questions were certainly relevant and appropriate. My three pieces of advice include (1) have background knowledge on Accenture, (2) prepare for the case study and ask questions during, and (3) be yourself and be honest--the interviewers in both behavioral rounds are judging whether you'd be a good fit!

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance in which you made a mistake (professionally) or experienced some sort of obstacle and you had to resolve it. What steps did you take?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview first. Second round followed a few days later via an hour long phone interview. Then an in-person office visit where I had a 45' case interview and a 45' behavioral portion.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Accenture?   1 Answer

I have not yet completed my interviews, I just want access to all of glassdoor's information.

Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through the website, attended an information session at my school, and visited their booth at the NBMBAA conference.

As with any big company repetition and networking is key to landing an interview. From each event or interaction with Accenture, I received their contact information and established a relationship with them via e-mail or LinkedIn.

I was contacted for an initial interview by the end of that month.

There are three steps to the interview process. 1.) An initial interview with a recruiter to gauge your interest. and fit with the company. 2.) A phone interview with a manager that includes behavioral questions and in depth overview of your resume. 3.) An in person interview at one of their US offices.

The entire interview process lasted for approximately a month with consideration to holiday breaks and absences. My third and final interview is scheduled for 2 weeks from today.

Interview Questions

• Were you involved in any organizations, work, or extra-curricular activities while you were in school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed as an undergrad for entry-level position. There were 3 on-campus interviews: first interview is behavioral, second is a case interview, and the final interview is another behavioral interview but with a managing director.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

First round was 45 min behavioral interview (and 15 min to ask your own questions - come prepared!). Second round was two 45 min interviews: a case interview and a confirm interview. Confirm interview was just another behavioral interview and case interview was very straightforward. All the interviewers were really nice and all the questions were pretty standard behavioral. It was not a hard interview, but the hard part is standing out. Showing your enthusiasm for the company is important and the interviewers can definitely tell when you are being genuine and when you are not.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Applied through campus career services, had an hour-long phone interview, two weeks later a 90-minute in-person interview with case study and conversation with a manager. Interview process was poor compared to the other consulting interviews I had. Communication was always late between interviews, the recruiter would say they would e-mail/call by a certain time and never would. Case study interviewer basically said do not complete case study because it was so bad and irrelevant to a consulting job. When making a final decision, the recruiter said they would call with a decision by a certain time, never called and said would call next day, never called next day and eventually called two days later with a no. When asked why a no, recruiter said I cannot give details but we are looking for the best of the best and you did not fit that criteria.

All in all, I was shocked with the lack of professionalism displayed by the Accenture recruiting. I understand college recruiting is a busy time, but it's also not an excuse to have poor communication and insult a candidate. The case study should have been a proper case study, not a five-minute talk where the interviewer starts the conversation by talking about how horrible and pointless the case study is. Perhaps it was because they had already had their candidate chosen, but if that was the case they should not waste other candidates time.

Interview Questions

• Why Accenture? Why consulting? What motivates you? What are you looking for in a company? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

First round was only behavioral, second round was split into behavioral and case study. Case study was interviewer led and I was given a handout with a lot of company information/problems on it.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Tell me about a time when you had to motivate a group of people to work together.   Answer Question
    • Case: What would 3 initiatives be for X company to improve its position in the market?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with recruiters at an Accenture event for engineers interested in Accenture/consulting, talked with them again at a networking event for all engineers and then at the engineering career fair the following week. Got an email that weekend to sign up for a first-round interview through the school's career portal for the following week.

Interviewed for an hour on Wednesday, and got an email the day after first round to come back for second round the following morning. On Friday morning I interviewed for second round (90 minutes) and got a call the following Wednesday with my full time offer.

Interview Questions

• First round is very personality-focused: why consulting as an engineer, tell us about an experience on a team, why Accenture, overview of experiences and why you chose certain internships/industries.

Second round is a 45 minute case (pretty basic, no frameworks needed really) and then 45 minute personality-focused again.
      The case was focused around shutting down brick&mortar locations to move into a more digital market for a tech sales company that wasn't meeting financial projections. Some organizational changes were required as well, did some back-of-the-envelope calculations to determine savings and overall budget stuff.
      The second personality focused one was a bit more difficult than the first; he brought up some ethical hypothetical situations and asked specifically about preferences for what you want to do/where you want to be and why.
      Answer Question