Accenture Consulting Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

3.1

122 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed as an undergrad for entry-level position. There were 3 on-campus interviews: first interview is behavioral, second is a case interview, and the final interview is another behavioral interview but with a managing director.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

First round was 45 min behavioral interview (and 15 min to ask your own questions - come prepared!). Second round was two 45 min interviews: a case interview and a confirm interview. Confirm interview was just another behavioral interview and case interview was very straightforward. All the interviewers were really nice and all the questions were pretty standard behavioral. It was not a hard interview, but the hard part is standing out. Showing your enthusiasm for the company is important and the interviewers can definitely tell when you are being genuine and when you are not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Accenture?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you were in a leadership role.   1 Answer
    • What is your proudest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Applied through campus career services, had an hour-long phone interview, two weeks later a 90-minute in-person interview with case study and conversation with a manager. Interview process was poor compared to the other consulting interviews I had. Communication was always late between interviews, the recruiter would say they would e-mail/call by a certain time and never would. Case study interviewer basically said do not complete case study because it was so bad and irrelevant to a consulting job. When making a final decision, the recruiter said they would call with a decision by a certain time, never called and said would call next day, never called next day and eventually called two days later with a no. When asked why a no, recruiter said I cannot give details but we are looking for the best of the best and you did not fit that criteria.

All in all, I was shocked with the lack of professionalism displayed by the Accenture recruiting. I understand college recruiting is a busy time, but it's also not an excuse to have poor communication and insult a candidate. The case study should have been a proper case study, not a five-minute talk where the interviewer starts the conversation by talking about how horrible and pointless the case study is. Perhaps it was because they had already had their candidate chosen, but if that was the case they should not waste other candidates time.

Interview Questions

• Why Accenture? Why consulting? What motivates you? What are you looking for in a company? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

First round was only behavioral, second round was split into behavioral and case study. Case study was interviewer led and I was given a handout with a lot of company information/problems on it.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Tell me about a time when you had to motivate a group of people to work together.   Answer Question
    • Case: What would 3 initiatives be for X company to improve its position in the market?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with recruiters at an Accenture event for engineers interested in Accenture/consulting, talked with them again at a networking event for all engineers and then at the engineering career fair the following week. Got an email that weekend to sign up for a first-round interview through the school's career portal for the following week.

Interviewed for an hour on Wednesday, and got an email the day after first round to come back for second round the following morning. On Friday morning I interviewed for second round (90 minutes) and got a call the following Wednesday with my full time offer.

Interview Questions

• First round is very personality-focused: why consulting as an engineer, tell us about an experience on a team, why Accenture, overview of experiences and why you chose certain internships/industries.

Second round is a 45 minute case (pretty basic, no frameworks needed really) and then 45 minute personality-focused again.
      The case was focused around shutting down brick&mortar locations to move into a more digital market for a tech sales company that wasn't meeting financial projections. Some organizational changes were required as well, did some back-of-the-envelope calculations to determine savings and overall budget stuff.
      The second personality focused one was a bit more difficult than the first; he brought up some ethical hypothetical situations and asked specifically about preferences for what you want to do/where you want to be and why.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in October 2016.

Interview

Recruited through campus recruiting. 2 rounds, both rounds were on campus. First round is 1 45 min behavioral interview. Got back to me the next day (super fast..) because 2nd rounds were the day after. 2nd round was 2 interviews - 1 45 min case and another 45 min behavioral (they called it a "confirming" interview). Behavioral were standard. First behavioral had some logistical questions up front. The case was strange - not at all like the MBB cases. Essentially they give you a document with a descriptive of a bunch of problems the company is having and you are expected to prescribe solutions. Also woman running the case interview was super awkward. Almost thought i wasnt gonna get the offer because of the case.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • a lot of questions relating to group work and problems within a group   Answer Question
    • going through the resume and highlighting your relevant experiences and what you had done   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Baltimore, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

I was recruited on my campus, and the process was relatively painless. It began with a resume drop, followed by an initial behavioral interview (45 mins) where you walk a managing director through your resume. The turnaround was quite quick, and that evening we were called for final round interviews the next day. These consisted of 45 minutes for a case, 45 minutes for a confirmation/behavioral interview.

The case was pretty painless; lots of details but no computation required. The confirmation interview was essentially the classic interview questions--why consulting, why Accenture, when were you challenged, etc. I thought the process was quick, enjoyable, and fairly painless. I especially enjoyed meeting the higher-ups in the company.

Interview Questions

• What was an experience where you had a very significant role?
      What was a time you dealt with conflict in a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Waco, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I first submitted an application via handshake and through Accenture's online application. This app consisted of a resume and a transcript. I was then contacted a few days later regarding the initial interview, which was a one hour behavioral interview. After that interview, I was selected for the next round which was another behavioral interview and a case study interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class in college, Describe a situation in which you had to overcome a difficult task without much guidance, why gets you out of bed in the morning.   1 Answer

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in October 2016.

Interview

I had a recruiter screen me over the phone, then had a first round also over the phone. Phone screen was pretty basic, "tell me about yourself" and "why accenture" and the first round was all behavioral. Super day in the office consisted of one case interview and one behavioral. Overall, I think they were looking for personality fit.

Interview Questions

• Do you have someone who you look to as a mentor? Does someone look up to you as a mentor?   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview was supposed to be 1 on 1 on campus, but I was flying out of town for another interview so they agreed to do it over the phone. It was an hour long and was essentially a walk down of my resume. Each point on the resume was talked through, and I was asked to describe my role. I did not get a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Which office do you want to be located it?   1 Answer