Accenture Consulting Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Consulting Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Accenture had a Presentation and Networking event on campus. After some networking, I was invited to a dinner and improv event at a bar.

First Round Interview - there was a wine and dine dinner before hand to network with the interviewers. First round interview was entirely behavioral.

Second Round Interview - a 45 minute case on campus, followed by a 45 minute closer. This included mostly behavioral questions.

Received Offer. They accepted 10+ from university.
Was invited to NYC for a wine and dine to convince the offers to join.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time you failed

2. Had to work with someone of a different background

3. Why Accenture?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was 45 min on-campus. It was a typical behavioral interview; only slightly unusual thing was the interviewer recorded your responses on their iPad, which may unnerve some. I really connected with my interviewer and it felt like more like a genuine conversation than an interview.

Second interview was 1.5 hrs at Accenture's office and was held a few days after the first interview. This round consisted two interviews. The first was a case interview. You were given a few minutes to read through the case (about a page and a half single-spaced) and then you talked through the case with the interviewer. It was more interviewer-led than the traditional case interviews I had practiced. The second was with a managing director and it was a typical behavioral/confirmation interview.

All my interviewers were very warm and friendly; they seemed to genuinely want to get to know me. I felt at ease with all of them and made accepting the offer an easy decision!

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

First round interview mostly involves talking about your past experiences and lasts about one hour. Second round has one behavioral component and one case study component, each lasting about 45 minutes. Before the case interview it is really helpful to run a few practice cases with your Accenture "buddy."

Interview Questions

• Case Question: What factors would you consider when merging two hospital IT divisions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (State College, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview is all behavioral. Second round was a small case study followed by a closing interview. Interviewer was very nice and genuinely wanted to know what I wanted and a bit more about my story.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were in the form of tell me more about this experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

After the resume drop I was invited for a one hour first round interview. Between then time I found out and the interview, I was assigned a buddy that answered any questions I had. The whole interview was behavioral even though I expected a case and mainly consisted of me walking through each point on my resume. There were some situational questions at the end but ultimately pretty relaxed environment as the interviewer was relaxed. Thought I did well and was receiving good feedback from the interview as I answered questions but I guess not.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through a recruiting platform to set up a phone interview. One week later I was invited to fly to a branch office for an in-person final interview.

Interview Questions

• First question was a straightforward case without too much of a quantitative element. Second interview was standard interview questions (Why consulting? Why Accenture? Describe a time where you had to work as part of a team and build trust with your teammates.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Waco, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Just questions about my resume. She really just asked follow-up questions about what I had on my resume and what I said about it. It was great until the end and she started challenging some of the things I said about my major and disagreeing about general things I said regarding my background in that and how I felt it has equipped me for professional life out of college. It was weird and uncomfortable, and I left feeling really confused by the critical end to an otherwise pretty good interview.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in September 2016.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews: the first one was an initial screening interview, in which they asked me behavioral questions. Most interviewers all around were very polite and outgoing, although my first interviewer was somewhat shut off/blunt (perhaps on purpose to make me feel uneasy).

The next one was a case interview, in which I had to analyze how to develop and push forward an app for a fictional company.

The last one was a "confirming" interview, in which they simply re-asked me behavioral questions similar to the first round of interviews.

Overall, once the process got going after about 2 weeks after my initial online application, the interviews took place in one week.

Interview Questions

• Case Interview: How would you help this company oversee the deployment of their new app, in order to beat out their competitor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

applied through campus recruiting. one phone interview and then on site. two rounds for onsite - case test and behavior questions. behavioral is very conversational and friendly. Test case is to give you a paper and read the case yourself. expected good summary after reading, as well as questions. very intuitive discussion with the interviewee.

Consultant Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

First round interview was a 60-min. phone call in which we reviewed my experience and had several behavioral questions: tell me about a time...

Final round interview was two separate 45-min interviews back-to-back. My first interview was a case interview in which they gave me a case study, gave me about 15 min. to read and take notes, and the rest of the interview we discussed my solution approach to the case study. The second interview was mostly conversational. She asked about my experience and certain things on my resume, but she mostly wanted to see how I could hold a conversation confidently for that length of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a problem with a coworker and how did it get resolved   Answer Question