Accenture Consulting Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Consulting Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

3.1

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Very standard. First round is HR phone conversation. Second round is all about fit questions and your career goals. They want to know where you're heading and if you're planning to stick with the position. Went fairly well, they wont throw any curve balls at you or anything like that. Really straight forward. Next part is case studies, which i'd recommend studying for, but i haven't made it there yet. Hoping for the best!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Accenture in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's recruiting website and through Accenture's website during the fall semester. In the spring, I received a first round interview on campus and was invited to a pre-interview reception. I was unable to attend any of the on campus interviews, so my campus recruiter arranged a webcam interview. The interview was a standard behavioral interview. The interviewer asked me about my resume and experiences, and also asked me one question related to my transcript. Two days after the interview, I was contacted by my campus recruiter to schedule an final round interview that was conducted on campus. The final round interview consisted of one behavioral interview followed by a case interview. The behavioral interview was similar to the first one. I was asked questions about my resume as well as standard questions such as "Tell me about a time you had to overcome conflict while working on a team". The case interview was more difficult, as it was about an industry I knew little to nothing about. I was given fifteen minutes to review the case and take notes, and then the interviewer asked me questions related to the case. I was ultimately asked to make a recommendation. The case interview was the most difficult step in the process, and it was different from other case interviews I have had. The case did not involve any calculations. It was more focused on how you processed the information, and the conclusions you draw from information.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome conflict while working in a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

The process began with taking to a recruiter, and then I had a phone interview and a personality test. After that I have been offered to go into the next round of interview which is a case interview and another confirming interview. It was about a week after my first two parts of the interview that I heard back about getting to move on to the case interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group. What is a time that you resolved a problem within a group? What do you know about Accenture?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Two interviews
    First Behavioral
    Second Behavioral and Case

Overall the interview process was not overly difficult. The interviewers were extremely friendly and asked pretty standard interview questions. The case interview was an atypical interview where they gave you a paper describing a company's problem and your opinion on it.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in February 2016.

Interview

1st round: Go through resume and ask about interested experience, 1-2 behavioral questions;
    final round: a 45-minute case interview and a behavioral interview 4-5 questions. The case was a real business situation about whether or not implementing a system.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you teach someone; Tell me how you handle situation when there is little guidance; How you deal with difficult people; Why consulting   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in February 2016.

Interview

Lots of steps, common among consulting firms. Recruiter reached out to talk about some things, and then moved on to 2 interviews with Senior Managers. Case interview is difficult but interviewer is likely to help you out if you ask the right questions. Ended with an interview by a Managing Director.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a team project, your role within that project, and the outcome.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through an online application and an application through my university's career site. First they paired you with an interview buddy, then had a call to go over the interview process, then there was a dinner with some employees and the other interviewees, and then two rounds of interviews, including a case interview. They did a great job of engaging interviewees throughout the process.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

1) Resume Drop 2) A few weeks later, got an email to set up a 45 minute phone interview. Asked behavioral questions (describe leadership experience, professional relationships you've had etc). Asked a lot about my extracurricular experiences and leadership, so make sure you can speak to every single thing you have listed on your resume! 3) Personality Assessment, ~150 questions asking to pick between personality traits (i.e. It takes me time to get a joke vs. I like having everything organized) --not sure how important this quiz is to the overall application process, but take it seriously. 3) About a week after the first interview, invited for the on campus interview which was 2 back-to-back 45 minute interviews. Very conversational. Case interview was a business problem, given 10 minutes to read through and then talk through solutions: Basically a company has a problem where they are not streamlined, disorganized, and don't have system to track metrics of their deliverables. It was kind of difficult, but be able to talk to through it with your interviewer, and think of questions along the way as well as solutions to solve the problems. I don't have a business or specific IT background, so I just pulled from my internship experiences to provide solutions. Read case studies on how Accenture generally approaches business problems and frame your answer around that (operational efficiency, cutting costs, streamlining, lean six sigma etc). Second interview was purely conversation, no behavioral questions asked-this is the confirming interview. Have lots of questions prepared, ask about the interviewer's experience, make conversation about the position. I heard back within 3 business days and received physical offer package a few days after that. Recruiter was very nice and responsive :) Overall I had a very positive experience, the interviewers were typing on their computer, but they were writing your answers down for some of the parts (especially during the case interview) It's not them being rude!!! It's them wanting to have positive notes about you for when they decide who to give offers to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, very generous package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

OCR. First round: 1 hour interview (Behavioral). Second round: 90 minutes where the first 45 minutes is a case study, and the second is another behavioral with a different interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on where you were given little to no guidance.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the company website. The first interview I had was a behavioral type interview: Discuss a time you had difficulty with a coworker? Tell me about a time where you lead a group? Expect the interviewer to probe deeper into each question. Around a week later, I received an email saying I moved onto the final round interviews. I will have that interview in about a three weeks.