Accenture Consulting Analyst Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Accenture Consulting Analyst Interview Questions in Washington, DC

3.2

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

applied through campus recruiting. one phone interview and then on site. two rounds for onsite - case test and behavior questions. behavioral is very conversational and friendly. Test case is to give you a paper and read the case yourself. expected good summary after reading, as well as questions. very intuitive discussion with the interviewee.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

The process began with taking to a recruiter, and then I had a phone interview and a personality test. After that I have been offered to go into the next round of interview which is a case interview and another confirming interview. It was about a week after my first two parts of the interview that I heard back about getting to move on to the case interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group. What is a time that you resolved a problem within a group? What do you know about Accenture?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Application was a resume drop, through my school's career services and through Accenture's website.
    4 Part Application process.
    1. Online quiz, behavioral. They give you a set of 108 questions that state a trait, and you have to pick the one you most identify with, even if you don't identify with either or you identify with both.
    2. First round behavioral interview; they just want to get to know you and gauge what you know about the company. Mine was very relaxed, i met the interview the night before at a dinner. But others said their interviewer's expected them to know things on the company's annual report
    3. Second round interview: First of 2 back-to-back interviews; this one is a case study interview, which is relatively new at accenture. Its a mix between the written case and the interviewer led format. THey gave me a case, 10 minutes to read it and gather my thoughts, then the interviewer started to ask me probing questions. I would suggest you you be relaxed, and be able to identify problems quickly and frame your discussion.
    4. Second round interview: Second of 2 back-to-back interviews, this one was really a confirming interview, whereas the first round behavioral was a fit/getting-to-know-you interview. This one was really to see, okay, you wanna work here, we see you have a competitive resume, are you really a good fit for Accenture though?

**The recruiter told me that I did really well, but the interview was recent, so I don't know if I got an offer yet, but if I don't I'll update the post**
    ***I was just notified I didn't receive an offer but I was a top 3 candidate, and only 2 positions were available.***

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Tell me about times you worked on a team, Times you worked under pressure, Also resume directed questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

30 minute behavioral over the phone followed by two-30 minute interviews on site. The first interview was a case. I had 10 minutes to read and then respond with recommendations. The second was a behavioral with 4-5 typical questions.

The case interviewer seemed disinterested and was typing on his laptop for about 25% of the time. Not a great show for the company. The second interviewer was much more conversational and easy to chat with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to teach a group something new.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

A three step interview process after being reached out to via email. Applied through the career page.

First interview was to hear about my background and general personality (from what I could tell). Basic questions about my resume and previous experience. Was done by a recruiter over the phone and lasted 30 minutes max.

Second interview was the meat of the interview process. Asked about specific experiences, such as project management, dealing with troublesome coworkers, an example of a problem I encountered and what I did to overcome. Overall, the interviewer probed deeper than any other interviewer I had talked to. Made me recall past experiences and go into detail that I had never gone before. Note: be honest with your experiences, if they ask you about something you did in a situation you haven't done before, let them know you don't have an experience with that, but then give an example of something similar that highlights your abilities. Not sure the position of the interviewer, was conducted over the phone and lasted about 1.5 hours.

Third interview was an office visit. Consisted of a presentation led by 2 analysts and 2 consultants followed by one on one interviews with 2 different Senior Executives (one after the other). Was similar in style to second interview, but with many more chances to ask questions and connect with your interviewer. Presentation + Lunch + 2 interviews lasted about 4 hours.

First contact on 12/5/11, first phone interview 12/6/11, second phone interview 12/8/11, office visit 12/15/11, and offer on 12/16/11.

Interview Questions

• Not a specific question, but the depth and detail that each question probed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Based on your degree, they are quite solid on their initial offer.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied to Accenture online. A couple of week later I received an email from the recruiter asking if I was interested in an interview with the System Integration Group.

The first round interview was a screening interview over the phone with a manager/consultant. Basically, you just simply go over your resume and experiences. I guess the best advice I can give you is know your resume. Be prepared for the question, "Can you run through your resume for me?" Funny enough, this sounds very straight forward, but it is a good idea to work on creating a narrative for your resume in preparation for this round. The interview lasts 20-30 minutes. The person will ask you a few quick questions about yourself, and probably talk about his/her experience with the company. There are a few minutes for your questions, so think about a thing or two you'd like to ask. This round really is meant to see if you are who your resume says you are. At the end of the interview, the interviewer told me that I would hear back from my recruiter in 5 to 7 business days.

About 5 days later, I received a phone call from the recruiter telling me I had made it to the second round. The recruiter sent my information to the Accenture Interview Scheduling department, who emailed me a couple days afterward to set up an interview time.

The second round interview is a "situational" or behavioral interview done over the phone with another manager/consultant. The person who interviewed me had been with the company for over 10 years. This is the interview that many say is the most important, and I tend to agree with that assessment. Basically you get two or three questions asked about your work or school experience i.e. "Tell me about a time..." This interview was pretty structured and the interviewer was very business-like. The questions I received were "Tell me about a difficult project you have been on?”,"Tell me about a time you have had to work with a difficult coworker." "Tell me about a time when you had a lot on your plate, how did you manage?" With these questions the interviewer asked follow up questions based on your answers. Make sure you good examples in mind for particular questions. I went online and looked up common behavioral questions, as well looked at this website. There is actually an interview app for your phone that is pretty helpful. Take some time to think about these questions and possible answers that relate to your work or academic experience. Always be prepared for the why Accenture question, which will be asked by every interviewer. This interview went pretty well, but don't be shocked if the interviewer does not give you any hints about how you did, because like I said my particular interviewer was very professional and business-like. The interview only lasted 35 minutes. Again, there was time for my questions. The interviewer let me know that my recruiter would contact me in 3 to 5 business days.

Three days later, my recruiter called me and let me know that I had made to the final round. The final round is an in-office interview and consists of a presentation by a group of young analysts and consultants about working for Accenture. During the presentation an HR rep will come in and talk to you about benefits. It is common to have a small group of candidates with you during this half-day affair. After the presentation, you are taken for two 1-1 interviews with managers/senior managers. Both interviews were situational/behavioral interviews but definitely more laid back and personable. They asked similar questions to the ones I had in the second round. I enjoyed this round a lot more than the second round because of the fact that I was actually talking to somebody face to face. A good question for you to think about is "Tell me about a time you made a decision that was the wrong one to make or the outcome wasnt as positive." Thats a good one to think about, because it could definitely catch you off guard. The managers were really pleasant and easy to talk to. They were willing to talk about their experiences both positive and negative, and I felt that I got a lot out of the interview. Ask questions. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would hear back in a couple of weeks.

Luckily, a couple of days later I heard back from the recruiter, who told me that Accenture wanted to extend me an offer. I accepted the offer a couple of days later.

My best advice for this interview process is to do good research. Go on Accenture's website, read the CEO's remarks, learn about the values and how they do business. Think about how you fit in and try to convey that message during the interview. Go online and look up common behavioral interview questions and think about how you would answer those questions. Relax and show confidence. This is a great opportunity and I am very happy to have this chance. Good luck with your interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Accenture   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult project you have been on   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you have had to work with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a lot on your plate, how did you manage?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a decision that was the wrong one to make or the outcome wasn't as positive as you'd like.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Deal was very fair based on experience/location/school

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied for a consulting analyst position online. A recruiter emailed the following day requesting a follow up interview. The interview was okay and it lasted about an hour. We talked about my background and he wanted to make sure that I met the basic qualifications for the position. He talked about the interview process: 4 interviews total - first with recruiter, two at the site (one skills based, one with a manager), and one with a senior executive. If you make it to the senior executive interview, the job is yours to lose. He also talked about potential salary which made me uncomfortable. He gave me this long diatribe about how they would justify my salary. I didn't like this because I thought I would be pigeon holed into a certain salary. Either way, he told me that I was qualified and he would be forwarding my information on to the next series of interviews.

The second set of interviews was at the site in Reston. The interview day is called a "Career Invitational." I was there with lots of other people, and it was a little tense. Most of the other interviewers had flown in from around the country. I had two back to back interviews scheduled that day. My interviewer was late to the interview, and I was the only interviewee waiting around. The first was a technical skills assessment interview. I didn't really know how to prepare for this. My advice would be to know your resume in and out and how your skills match up to the job description. Have lots of examples (recent examples) of your work. I haven't done technical work in a number of years and I was interviewing for a technical position, so I think I was at a disadvantage. The questions weren't difficult, but I don't think I was really prepared. He asked about my technical background and he really wanted to know if I had done any technical work in the last two years. I tried to talk about my previous technical work, and my current transferable skills, but I just couldn't answer some of the questions. I didn't really feel good after this interview, but I had to stay positive because the second interview was right after this one. He gave me his card at the end of the interview.

The following interview was great. I immediately connected with the interviewer. He asked about my background, work ethic, and why I was interested in Accenture. I asked him lots of questions. He was engaging and friendly, but he was very honest about how demanding the position would be. The interview was very conversational. He told me that a committee would meet to review the outcome of all of the previous interviews and decide on whether they would offer a position. At the end, he told me that he would give a positive recommendation.

After leaving, I didn't have a good sense on whether they would hire me. A week or so after the interview I emailed the recruiter and the other interviewers. The recruiter told me that they were interested in hiring me, but wanted me to go through the entry level consulting group. He never explained what that meant. I'm writing this a month after he told me this, and I have yet to be contacted. I feel like they have left me hanging in this process because I've heard that they send you a letter with the outcome of the interview.

Interview Questions

• how is visual basic .net different from visual basic 6.0?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

Very fair and balanced. The process is mostly behavioral and career goal questions trying to determine if you are a balanced candidate without a ton of depth in experience, but an ability to work hard and stay motivated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Large company with a fairly straight-forward offer and negotiation process.

Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in October 2009.

Interview

Got selected for on campus interview. Had 30 minute interview just asking about past experiencess

The interviewer was not very nice.

Asked me a leadership experience, what i think the job entailed, why work for Accenture? It was a very rushed experience. But the turn around is quick.

Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2009.

Interview

The first round interview was just going over my resume and me asking questions about the company. Got called back to a second round interview and it was about 45 minutes of behavioral interviewing where I was asked to discuss previous experiences I've had though classes, internships, jobs, etc. fairly straightforward, waiting to heard back about the 3rd round.