Accenture Consulting Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Consulting Senior Manager Interview Questions

3.1

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

After getting an employee referral, I applied online and then was contacted by a recruiter. The recruiter stated that there would be five interviews, and then a final interview with the global head of the practice. The first interview was with HR and lasted about an hour- a standard review of your resume, motivations for coming to the practice, past experiences- all very standard for this level of recruiting and very promising. Two months go by and the second interview (Situational) comes, this time it goes very well and the interview is almost 2+ hours. Then nothing-for two-and-a-half months. First recruiter calls and schedules the next two interviews. In the interview with potential colleague (which took two more weeks to schedule) a few points come to light- a) he admits he hasn't read my resume and doesn't know why he is interviewing me b) he has only been with the firm a short time and is on 'garden leave' for another several months, so not only is he not allowed to do anything in the practice, he doesn't even care who they do hire to do the work on his own team...somehow he likes me and passes me on to the next round. Another month goes by. The next interview is with the leader of the practice. After a few reschedules, and one outright blowoff, we have the interview-where he asks me the exact same technical question that the previous interviewer had, which I answered the exact same way (correctly) and I asked if I could ask a few questions? Had they ever done a full implementation, and if so, what were the difficulties that they had run into? Long pause....they had NEVER done a full implementation, they had never even done a project were they were direct billing the client- their services were an add-on to other areas of the firm and they had yet to do a project that covered their costs. The process had drug on for six months. There were several last minute cancellations and two outright blow-offs by the interviewers. I wasn't interested in being treated like this. I thanked him for his time, followed by emails etc...the recruiter calls a week later-they are not going to hire at this level for the post, they have dropped it down two levels. I don't actually say much, as she was pleasant and there was no need to be anything but professional (she kept saying "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I really thought you were perfect for Accenture" I thanked her kindly and went on my way...
A week later, the post is up again- they did not drop it down, they kept it the same.

I can't get back the time involved in this whole lengthy process, but at some point, when my new firm is looking for consultants for a project, I will have plenty to weigh in on the subject of whom gets hired.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had a difficult task or had to convince your staff to do something they didn't want to do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Situation, approach and result/outcome. They asked you to describe different situations with examples of past experiences. Sometimes they go dipper in your answer specially if they are looking for certain skills. They also give you example of situation to understand how would you approach them

Interview Questions

• Provide example of situation, how do you handle an answer   Answer Question

Senior Consultant/Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

There are several interviews that you will go through. The process timeline varies for everyone, but their peak hiring period is around July - September from what I have seen. I applied during this time and my process to first interview to last to hire was only 4 weeks.
    Experience Hire interview process:
    Phone Interviews:
    Prepare. Research Accenture. What makes you, you? Why are you changing jobs?, etc.

Interview 1 (phone): Screening interview -show your personality and explain your resume. Be prepared with examples of how you executed the projects you mention
    Interview 2 (phone): You are given a scenario that you need to discuss how you would execute the project, build the project plan, engage the team/client, etc. Make sure to research if you are not familiar with the terminology for the position you are applying to. They want to hear terminology. Ask for feedback. They will help you to improve for the next one.

Office interviews:
    Make sure to write down who you meet, address people by name. The entire time you are in the office you are being watched. Introduce yourself to other interviewees - you will not be the only one interviewing this day. Ask questions, be interested, show excitement.

Interview 3 (in person): Interviews 3 and 4 are in the local office. If you pass #3, you go on to #4. IF you do not pass #3, you will not have a 4th interview and your interview will end. The 3rd interview is another scenario - Use the whiteboard, make eye contact, etc. Present as if you are presenting to a client and are selling them the project plan. If you make it past this one, you will be escorted to the last interview.
    Interview 4 (in person): This is with a managing director from the local office. They are normally the toughest and try to intimidate you. Maintain your personality, answer clearly and concisely as you would a difficult client. You will be able to tell if it is going well by how this interview progresses and ends. If they warm up to you some, then most likely it is going well.

You should hear back by mid-week the next week. Feel free to contact your HR contact if you have not heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview:
      1: Why Accenture? What makes you, you? Why are you changing jobs? Explain this role on your resume. How many people have you lead in a team? Have you given job reviews? Have you ever sold work to a client? Basically if you claimed you did something on your resume, be able to back it up. Be friendly and ALWAYS have questions prepared.
      2: Project Scenario: Example: Company XYZ is undergoing a merger with one of their competitors due to an acquisition. How would you engage the company to bring them through the change process? To prepare: research these types of questions online - google it - there are many and you can test your answering skills by writing a few scenarios down and having a peer/manager review your answers to provide feedback.

Office interview:
      3. Same as 2
      4. Why Accenture? What is change management? What makes you a good fit for Accenture? Would you be willing to move/do this type of work, etc.? What do you know about the industry you are applying to the position for? What is your experience in the industry? What are some things that you see in the industry as challenges/benefits?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate your months at level. Not flexible on salary once they decide your level/position you are being hired into. Bonus and moving allowances are standard. Make sure you get both if you are moving.

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview with HR Recruiter & with Practice Manager, passed
    HR Behavioral Test - passed
    Sr. Exec interview - this guy was with the firm for 20+ years, never worked anywhere else

I accepted a position with a competing firm at a higher salary, less travel

Not impressed with Sr. Exec and his attitude. I accepted a position with a competing firm at a higher salary, less travel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Typical consulting interview. What were your projects? What were the outcomes? How did you deliver client value?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

The Good -- Accenture had me interview with 5 of the brightest people I've ever met. Cordial and intelligent, they were very easy to converse with and the interviews were very successful. In fact, in my last interview the Senior Manager implied that we would be working together. Accenture is one of the few firms who conducts background check prior to offer (I think you have to be a serious contender though) eliminating that "I have an offer but will it be rescinded" worry.

The Bad - Their HR process and staff is horrendous. The first HR person that I spoke to never remembered who I was and I had to constantly relay my background to her each time I returned a phone call. I was then passed to another HR person who was worse than the first. Curt, impatient and inconsiderate of other people's time - she had very poor communication skills, didn't return emails or phone calls until a Sr. Manager was cc'd on emails to her. The entire process was ridiculous - I went through 5 Senior Manager interviews over the span of 3 months with minimum of 1 week of follow up "radio silence" between each interview.

The Outcome - No job. Not a precise fit. Strung me along for over 3 months and they never had a job role for me to begin with. I don't appreciate being window-shopped. The interview process was a communications nightmare...I can't imagine what the situation would be like for those hired and on the road!

Interview Questions

• Describe the scope of your job and how it is relevant to the job you are applying for.   Answer Question
    • Why would you leave a successful established position to join a new firm and start from networking "scratch"?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

Contacted by an executive search firm. Fist round of technical interview. Second round in person by a Partner. Went very well. Third round by some one in HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a Project where you ran over budget.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations. They came back with 10K less and agreed to split the difference as sign in bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in January 2009.

Interview

I was lucky enough to have a contact within Accenture who submitted my resume via their employee referral. She was also savvy enough to give her HR Rep, plus several other well place contacts a heads up that my resume was in the system - and also sent them my resume. A hiring manager took interest in my background and I assume that as a result, my resume was pushed through their computerized system

Interview Questions

• In a follow up question to "tell me about a business case you have developed", the interviewer probed too deeply into details about what we were trying to accomplish at my former employer.   1 Answer

The salary was not high enough to warrant the personal sacrifice required to perform at Accenture as an experience hire, the hours I expected and the travel neccesary to succeed in a culture like Accenture.

Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I had two 30 minute meetings with the HR Recruiter and then one Behavioural interview.
    I didn't make it past the behavioural interview. I was told to only use the last 2 years work as examples for answering the questions. This was absurd and as I had better examples during the past 18 years work experience. If you are reading this, then rest assured that getting a senior role at Accenture is set for failure as the behavioural questions include factual questions, "do you have experience of increasing sales opportunities with clients, which should be asked with the HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your greatest failure   1 Answer

Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Well structured process with 3 interviews and a business change scenario with discussion on key points, issues, opportunities, and root cause

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions were detailed and involved across strategy, business change, IT, organisation, supplier, regulatory, and staffing - very extensive   Answer Question

Negotiation

Stick to your guns if you're in a powerful position but have a "best alternative to a negotiated agreement" prepared - negotiations are hard!