Accenture Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

3.2

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX).

Interview

Started interview process in August, wasn't notified until November that I wasn't selected.
    Typical of large companies, they strung me along for 7 weeks saying they were very interested and that I was still in the running, only to be told they're not interested.

I had a phone interview, two IMMEDIATELY scheduled in-person interviews (wanted me to come in the next day) and a follow up in-person interview the following week. The recruiter never gave me a final job description even though I asked twice and the posting was removed from their career website. It is quite difficult to prepare for next-day interviews without a proper job description.

However, I heard great feedback from the interviewers and the recruiter and proceeded to play the waiting game. 3 weeks went by and I received a voicemail saying that I am still in the running and that scheduling the next final interview was taking a long time due to hectic schedules. The next phone call I received was a few days ago saying they decided to go with another candidate. My time was not valued and I was lied to. There is nothing wrong with not being the perfect candidate for a position. There is something wrong with continuing to tell someone they are in the running when truly they aren't. In hindsight I should have removed myself from consideration after 4 weeks of no contact to not waste any more of my time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Worst experience so far. I did the phone Interview first and they told me to drive to Houston office for Case and Closing Interview. I was told that recruiting team would get back to me with the results within 2 weeks. No one got back to me. I emailed the recruiter and he told me asked me if i was interested in Minneapolis of Columbus Ohio area. I told him either location was fine. Then again they did not contact me for another 2 weeks. Finally another recruiter call me to say that i am no longer qualified or considered for the Analyst position that i applied and did the interview with and i have to settle with an Associate level position and have to go through another round of screenings. WOW. Never ever heard anything like that before from anybody.
    I told them don't worry about it anymore and thanked them for wasting my time and effort.

Interview Questions

• Give me one instance that you have resolved a conflict?   Answer Question

Software Developer and Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a technology analyst position and was contacted a few months later about the software developer job. I had a first interview and then a second technical interview for that job at which point I was then switched to a technology analyst job. For the third interview I was flown to Houston and had two 45-min interviews there in the office, one behavioral and one case-style. The whole process took about two months from the first interview until the job offer. These questions were from the final interview in Houston.

Interview Questions

• An energy company is looking to expand to be nationwide but the current systems aren't expandable and they're having glitches. What would you do? (case style, much more information was given)   2 Answers

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Very average interview process. Phone screen, phone interview, fly out to an office for behavioral component and case interview component and leave that same day. They were very helpful during the case interview and the behavioral part seemed like natural conversation.

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with a manager at a tech conference - it was mainly behavioral questions, and pretty conversational. My second and final interview was over the phone with a senior manager, which was not difficult but they emailed me saying to study for it because it would be intense (it wasn't). Overall I felt neutral about the whole process but did not feel that it was a good fit for me. The vibe I got was that they don't really care about hiring good, quality people and more that they just need more numbers and see how you do in the role. Through the interview process, I learned that your projects are done with other team members, but you are evaluated against each other. There is also a lot of traveling and it seemed to be a cutthroat environment, where you don't get much freedom in the projects you get assigned to until you've been there for many years.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The first round was a virtual interview. There was a prerecorded video and you had to respond to the question by recording yourself.
    Second round was 2 30 minute interviews that were mainly behavioural.
    Final round was a case interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Accenture?
      Behavioural questions like tell us about a time when...   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position through my university recruiting. Recruiters were so friendly and helpful throughout the entire process. My first round interview consisted of a behavioral and case study part. Pretty basic stuff. Study for cases, and just talk about you and your experiences for the behavioral component.

IoT Implementation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume from Accenture website. Recruiter emailed within a few days. Asked some follow-up questions about resume. Did not explain what skills the department was looking for, and pushed resume forward for an interview. As a result the interview was not productive.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in software engineering / writing JavaScript.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX).

Interview

1. Apply Online, 2. Phone Screen with Recruiter, 3. Situationa/Experience interview with Sr. Manager, 4. Case Study with Sr. Manager, 5. Closing Interview with Managing Director (followed by a dinner).

Offers are contingent upon identifying a project for you day 1. If no project exists, be prepared to wait. Slow. Entire process took over 3 months from first contact to offer. Offer "sat with HR" for 2+ months despite recruiter constantly asking for "one more week". Lots of internal politics and HR/Business in-fighting gum up the process and make the company look petty. Communication from the recruiter was far below expectations with numerous weeks of unanswered emails and phone calls. Transparency into process is very poor. Company does a poor job of making you feel wanted throughout the process. I definitely felt like I was just a number on-call with Accenture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

4 Interviews. The interviews were all via phone and on video conference call. Each of the interviewers were very nice and knowledgeable about Accenture and the department for which they worked for.