Accenture Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

3.1

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prairie View, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Prairie View, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

With Accenture you go through a lengthy interview process. With a lot of information sessions. Go to all informational sessions offered. They take role and will remember your name and face when it comes time to interviews.
    1st Round: Behavioral Interviews last 45 minutes are particularly easy
    2nd Round: Case Interview. These are hard and tricky as well as very new. My class was the first class to go through this type of interview. They give you a hard one to see how you think. Take your time read the problem statement and make sure you understand the problem and the question the statement is asking ! You have to understand it before you answer it. If you don't ask questions. Make sure you get clarity before you answer.
    3rd Round: Confirm. Is particularly like the Behavioral. They just want to make sure they get the feel for the type of person that you are.

Interview Questions

• Extra curricular Activities! They like leaders and ppl who like other ppl and ppl who are very involved   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone interview and 1:1 then had a group interview with management and project team. Over all it went on well. Then need to do a presentation to the management and account management team.

Interview Questions

• Talent management and PMO process. Need a presentation on the process map of the talent and sourcing plan.   Answer Question
    • PMO and Resoruce management process.   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a great first, second, third and fourth interview. I really enjoyed the interactions, but had an issue with them deciding on my level coming in, whether I would be a senior analyst or consultant. I was good with senior analyst, but they brought me in as a consultant.

Interview Questions

• Use case: How would you react to a client's disapproval on previous work performed by Accenture?   1 Answer

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

4 Interviews. The interviews were all via phone and on video conference call. Each of the interviewers were very nice and knowledgeable about Accenture and the department for which they worked for.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Super long - one phone screen, one phone in-depth interview, one face-to-face meeting with 3 different individuals, including a case study. Everything went well and I held my own in my case study, but it was apparent I was too entry-level for a Consultant level role (I had been referred to it), but could have potentially been a good fit for an analyst position, which was the vibe I got from the interviewers. I never heard any feedback after going through the 1+ month long recruitment process and reaching out to the recruiter several times. That was when I first started applying to corporate positions after doing TFA in 2014 and two years later I now realize that keeping a candidate hanging like that is absolutely unthinkable in any other professional firm. I will never apply to Accenture again because of this lack of feedback. The process prior to that had been fine and streamlined, and I liked the corporate culture/people I met. Best part was when I received an automated email 2 months later and they asked for feedback regarding the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral based interview questions, plus a case study (read the mgmt consulting blogs).   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Phone interviews, leading to on-site, in-person interviews. Spoke with two senior consultants about the company and about the onboarding process. They provided useful background and asked good questions that led to a good feeling about the company.

Interview Questions

• About how I would handle a series of specific situations with clients. By providing this information, I was able to ascertain important markers about what was important about the culture of the company. Those senior interviewers became my first mentors with the company.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, but knew a manager that worked at Accenture. She was able to forward my resume to a recruiter and expedite the review process.

1st Interview: Phone screen with recruiter. Just going over your resume, experience, and motivations. You should be able to talk about yourself and why you want to get into consulting and work for Accenture.

2nd Interview: About a week after the first interview. Also a phone interview with a different recruiter. This was about an hour of behavioral questions. I don't recall specifics, but nothing out of the ordinary. The tone of the interview was very conversational and it is apparent they want a clear idea of who you are and if you can work well in a team.

Final interview: This was scheduled about a month after the 2nd Interview. In person interview at an Accenture office. This happens in three stages over about three hours. The first hour you meet casually with current analysts to discuss the nature of the position. During this time they'll go over the expectations of an analyst, their experience, and answer your questions (come with a lot, there is plenty of time). Second hour is the case interview with a manager or managing director. The last is a conversational interview (more a confirmation). This is basically talking about your background, how you work in teams, leadership experience, and why you want to work for Accenture. Some behavioral questions are sprinkled in, but again it was largely informal. I have a feeling that the case interview was the most significant portion of this interview process.

Interview Questions

• Case interview is based off of manager's real experience with a project. These are much more qualitative than a MBB. Be ready to show your problem solving process and make rational recommendations. Victor Cheng's frameworks are a useful guide, though the analyst cases are far easier. There was no computation portion in this case.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Four stages of phone interview followed by one on one with Director. Two were technical/case study type interviews with subject specialists (supply chain, procurement) , one was a general aptitude interview and one a personality type interview. After the final interview having been told I passed all stages including the final with flying colors I was told there was no longer a position available due to a slowdown in the work pipeline. I felt I had wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage the centralization of procurement activities between merging companies that were previously competitors.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Began with recruiting sessions on campus. Submitted a resume, cover letter and transcript. Only one round of interviews, with two interviews each consisting of a case and behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Accenture hosted a number of networking events at which they introduced current Consultants and explained the company culture. They keep track of attendance at these events so it's crucial to attend. I submitted my resume and they invited me to a first-round interview. I had to separate, roughly hour-long case interviews. The first was a conversational case which was pretty nebulous and confusing. The second was a more quantitative case. Both interviewers were kind but to-the-point.