Accenture Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 12, 2017

3.1

Software Developer and Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a technology analyst position and was contacted a few months later about the software developer job. I had a first interview and then a second technical interview for that job at which point I was then switched to a technology analyst job. For the third interview I was flown to Houston and had two 45-min interviews there in the office, one behavioral and one case-style. The whole process took about two months from the first interview until the job offer. These questions were from the final interview in Houston.

Interview Questions

• An energy company is looking to expand to be nationwide but the current systems aren't expandable and they're having glitches. What would you do? (case style, much more information was given)   1 Answer

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with a manager at a tech conference - it was mainly behavioral questions, and pretty conversational. My second and final interview was over the phone with a senior manager, which was not difficult but they emailed me saying to study for it because it would be intense (it wasn't). Overall I felt neutral about the whole process but did not feel that it was a good fit for me. The vibe I got was that they don't really care about hiring good, quality people and more that they just need more numbers and see how you do in the role. Through the interview process, I learned that your projects are done with other team members, but you are evaluated against each other. There is also a lot of traveling and it seemed to be a cutthroat environment, where you don't get much freedom in the projects you get assigned to until you've been there for many years.

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

There were three stages:
    1. Behavioral. You've probably done this kind a million times, same style of questions.
    2. Case based. This one is just to see your approach to a given problem and the steps you take to solve it; the focus is not on your technical ability as much as it is your ability to plan a feasible solution.
    3. Confirm (technically this occurs directly following the case interview). Like any company should, this is to get an idea of how you feel about coming to work for the company--are you really into it, or are you not feeling the role? Up to you.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had conflict within a team and how you went about solving it.   1 Answer

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position through my university recruiting. Recruiters were so friendly and helpful throughout the entire process. My first round interview consisted of a behavioral and case study part. Pretty basic stuff. Study for cases, and just talk about you and your experiences for the behavioral component.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Smooth process, standard case interview and behavioral portions, no office visit until after you receive the offer... Overall a well organized process and the people were friendly. The turn around time was relatively quick, but the contract process could be more efficient... also, they didn't guarantee a start-date, so you have to wait several months to know when you will officially start work due to "business need"

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a great first, second, third and fourth interview. I really enjoyed the interactions, but had an issue with them deciding on my level coming in, whether I would be a senior analyst or consultant. I was good with senior analyst, but they brought me in as a consultant.

Interview Questions

• Use case: How would you react to a client's disapproval on previous work performed by Accenture?   1 Answer

Process Excellence Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

There was a series of interviews by Accenture staff coordinated by a recruiter. First was a telephone screening interview. If one passed that hurdle, there would then be a telephone "skills" intervew - a discussion to see if you had the desired skills for the role. If one passed that, you were invited to their office for a "case" inteview where a business case was presented by an staff member and the interviewee had to analyze the case and provide a course of action. This is then followed by a confirming interview to confirm findings from previous interviews and the persons ability to fulfill the role

Interview Questions

• I was asked a great deal about my background and how it fit the role which was different than any other role I had   1 Answer

Negotiation

Horrible. Mostly because the recruiter (a contractor) who was managing my recruitment left Accenture for another job. two weeks later, after my phone calls and emails were unanswered I received a phone call from another recuriter (also a contractor) who was given the material off of her desk and told to complete her work. This new recruiter was in a different office in the services division with no understanding of the consulting division. When i had questions or challenges, even one on starting date, she told me there were no options given to her by management in Houston. It turns out she lied to me, apparently because she didn't want to do the extra work given to her. 2 months after I was hired and found out she had lied I tried to contact her and found she was no longer with Accenture. I reported her lies up the chain and was told that recuritment was definitely a problem in the firm, but was completely controlled by HR.

Accenture is a firm where HR has an extreme amount of power. They manage staff coming in and being let go to meet head count requirements to fulfill sales and work expectations with little understanding of any need for specialists for certain roles. They have very little, if any, accountability to Managing Directors who are overseeing work being performed.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

4 Interviews. The interviews were all via phone and on video conference call. Each of the interviewers were very nice and knowledgeable about Accenture and the department for which they worked for.

IoT Implementation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume from Accenture website. Recruiter emailed within a few days. Asked some follow-up questions about resume. Did not explain what skills the department was looking for, and pushed resume forward for an interview. As a result the interview was not productive.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in software engineering / writing JavaScript.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant/Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

There are several interviews that you will go through. The process timeline varies for everyone, but their peak hiring period is around July - September from what I have seen. I applied during this time and my process to first interview to last to hire was only 4 weeks.
    Experience Hire interview process:
    Phone Interviews:
    Prepare. Research Accenture. What makes you, you? Why are you changing jobs?, etc.

Interview 1 (phone): Screening interview -show your personality and explain your resume. Be prepared with examples of how you executed the projects you mention
    Interview 2 (phone): You are given a scenario that you need to discuss how you would execute the project, build the project plan, engage the team/client, etc. Make sure to research if you are not familiar with the terminology for the position you are applying to. They want to hear terminology. Ask for feedback. They will help you to improve for the next one.

Office interviews:
    Make sure to write down who you meet, address people by name. The entire time you are in the office you are being watched. Introduce yourself to other interviewees - you will not be the only one interviewing this day. Ask questions, be interested, show excitement.

Interview 3 (in person): Interviews 3 and 4 are in the local office. If you pass #3, you go on to #4. IF you do not pass #3, you will not have a 4th interview and your interview will end. The 3rd interview is another scenario - Use the whiteboard, make eye contact, etc. Present as if you are presenting to a client and are selling them the project plan. If you make it past this one, you will be escorted to the last interview.
    Interview 4 (in person): This is with a managing director from the local office. They are normally the toughest and try to intimidate you. Maintain your personality, answer clearly and concisely as you would a difficult client. You will be able to tell if it is going well by how this interview progresses and ends. If they warm up to you some, then most likely it is going well.

You should hear back by mid-week the next week. Feel free to contact your HR contact if you have not heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview:
      1: Why Accenture? What makes you, you? Why are you changing jobs? Explain this role on your resume. How many people have you lead in a team? Have you given job reviews? Have you ever sold work to a client? Basically if you claimed you did something on your resume, be able to back it up. Be friendly and ALWAYS have questions prepared.
      2: Project Scenario: Example: Company XYZ is undergoing a merger with one of their competitors due to an acquisition. How would you engage the company to bring them through the change process? To prepare: research these types of questions online - google it - there are many and you can test your answering skills by writing a few scenarios down and having a peer/manager review your answers to provide feedback.

Office interview:
      3. Same as 2
      4. Why Accenture? What is change management? What makes you a good fit for Accenture? Would you be willing to move/do this type of work, etc.? What do you know about the industry you are applying to the position for? What is your experience in the industry? What are some things that you see in the industry as challenges/benefits?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate your months at level. Not flexible on salary once they decide your level/position you are being hired into. Bonus and moving allowances are standard. Make sure you get both if you are moving.