Accenture IT Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

3.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Accenture (Denver, CO).

Interview

Three detailed phone interviews and screening via teleconference. All stages requires technical knowledge and experience. The first was with the recruiter, then two managers, one technical other not as much and the final was with a senior manager/director who was very technical as well

Interview Questions

• Past experiences, business and technical acumen   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

The whole process took exactly 2 months. 3 days after I applied, I got a screening call from a recruiter. A week and half later, I had my in person interview. It was supposed to be with 3 different individuals but only 2 were available. I interviewed with the project manager, the one I'll be reporting to. He grilled me on my skills. At the end, he said I intentionally asked you tough questions to see if you know what you're talking about, and I'm impressed with your skills. Then, I asked him questions about himself, i.e., how long he's been with Accenture, why Accenture? The second individual will be a teammate but a level above me. He also asked me pointed questions about my skills especially as it relates to the type of systems I've worked on. A week later, I met with an executive of the company. He basically asked me 2 questions only; why Accenture, and how many years of experience I have? Then he told me he'll be the one to make the final decision about hiring me or not. I used that opportunity to ask him what he looks for in a candidate, how can I succeed in this position of hired. Based on his responses, I was able to highlight my skills. This step was important because he didn't ask me questions that will allow me to discuss my skills. Also, they look to see how long you can keep a conversation going, and if you're a good communicator. 10 days later, I got an offer. My recruiter was on vacation and she did set up that expectation for me. I asked them time to review the offer and he benefits. My process took 60 days to the day because my recruiter was out twice due to personal reasons. I like the fact that she always set up the expectation when she's not going to be available and for how long. I was impressed with the whole process, however.

Interview Questions

• Is checking to see if terminated ushers have been timely removed in AC:1, or AC:2?

What are the FISCAM domains?

What's the difference between FISCAM and NIST?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did a counter offer regarding salary, but they didn't accept because they said that's their best offer. I tried to negotiate my time off and flexibility to work from home, but all were rejected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

exhausting three round interviews with the first screening one on the phone, the second phone interview was behavioral interview again. it took about 50 minutes. Then I was invited to the san francisco office and interviewed with two managers again.

Interview Questions

I told them that I could only accept san francisco but the offer came in for sacramento. they also included a bonus. I turned it down. A week later was offered the job for san jose and had to turn it down again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter within a week of applying to their position online. They asked me general background, experience and personality questions and discussed the next steps in the process: 3 more phone interviews -- a skill one, a behavioral one, and a web conference.

The skills interview was scheduled very quickly after the initial interview, however, it was on a late Monday and I had a bad feeling about it, because generally Mondays are stressful and I didn't want to be interviewed after someone had a bad day. I had good reason to be worried. The person who called me for the skill interview had not even looked at my resume (he was surprised that I had a certification in a field that they were interviewing me for and it was the basis for the interview itself). So naturally, he didn't ask me any questions about my 3 year experience in this area. Instead, he shot 3 quick scenario questions at me, to which I replied trying to give him real-life examples that I've had that closely resembled his scenario. He didn't like my answers and kept asking me to paraphrase them, so they fit whatever answer sheet he seems to have printed. He didn't seem to be a good subject matter expert, either, because he kept confusing key terminology and it seemed that he had printed questions/answers from somewhere and was trying to get an answer that is exactly as it appeared in front of him. We ended with me asking him a couple of questions, but seeing his abrupt and one-word answers, I got the feeling that he will not be recommending that I get hired, anyway, so I left it at that.

Accenture is a good company, but it would be nice that the people who conduct interviews at least read the applicants resume or be interested in their experience. I don't think I will be getting an offer from them, but am pursuing other endeavors.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about implementing a new service for a company with 6 offices and 1000 employees?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

Quick 20 minute introductory call to feel provide some basic information about Accenture. Then, a more in depth hour long call which was a situational interview. An on site half day event with hosts and two 40 minute interviews with executives. The interviews focused on situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were part of a large team project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Signing bonuses can be negotiated. Rates are more difficult as they are based on college attended.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in March 2009.

Interview

This was an interview right out of school they came and did a presentation which was followed by first round interviews in person two days later we were told if we should come back for a second round. Both of which were one on one interviews very personality oriented questions. That was followed by a office location visit which included a presentation and two more one on one interviews again questions were behavior oriented.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had more than you can handle on your plate and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Mumbai (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was on telephone after 7 days they have called me for the final screening and then i have gone through Managerial Round which took 40 minutes .
    I was been called the next day for HR round .

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Paris (France)).

Interview

1. Career fair at my school where I got a really short interview (5-10min) with an HR about my experience.
    2. Got an invitation to an assessment center two weeks later for a full morning (3h).
    3. At the assessment morning, there were 20 applicants:
    3.1. 30min breakfast
    3.2. 30min presentation of Accenture by a Senior Consultant
    3.3. 30min Serious Game
    3.4. 30min interview with a Consultant (Manager)
    4. Got a positive answer two weeks later

Interview Questions

• Mainly description of my experience. NB, always describe with a STAR framework (Situation, Task, Achievement, Result)   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Athens (Greece)) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process spreads through four interviews.

The first is with an HR Recruiter and in addition to the one-to-one interview contains also Cognitive test (20 min), SQL test (30 min), two programing languages of your choice test (Java, C#, C, C++, Cobol)(55 min) and a Case Study (40 min). The first interview is the "hardest" one, prepare yourself for 4 hours of continuous testing and scrutiny.

The second interview is with the Project Managers that think you might fit in their team, the questions are focused in teamwork and leadership skills that you might posses. For the second interview be prepared to tell convincing stories about your experiences in previous projects and also make sure that you highlight all your key character attributes. This interview is focused to test your knowledge in key computer science areas like databases, project management etc. Mainly contains questions like "Tell me about a project that failed and what was your role in that".

The third interview is with a Senior Manager. In this interview, the manager will review the Case Study that you wrote during the first interview and will try to test your consultancy skills. Make sure you know why you wrote what and be prepared to give persuasive answers. If you made it this far, then congratulations, you are just one step from your goal!

The forth and last interview is with the Vice President of your local Accenture office. The VP wants to know you better, he will ask you to run him through your case study and into what is your approach to solve it. Also be prepared to show him some of your personal projects. The main reason of this interview is to bridge the VP with the new blood. This is a relaxed interview, VP already knows that you have something that the other three interviewing parties liked about you, so he will not push you to the limits like the others did. Make sure that you bring in forefront characteristics of your personality such as gratitude, straightforwardness, honesty etc.

Well done! You made through all the stages, now wait for the job offer!

Interview Questions

• Tell me the stages for a successful project management.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did my research and found out that the offer was great.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Athens (Greece)) in May 2011.

Interview

Nice environment, technical and cognitive test, as well as a case study

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you solved a problem   1 Answer