Accenture IT Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.7

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was pretty good overall. I enjoyed the process over all. I interviewed with great managers. I left feeling great about Accenture. I especially enjoyed the flexibility and work/life balance because I couldn't find that in other places.

Interview Questions

• Why Accenture instead of the other top consulting firms in the area?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

All interviews were behavioral. Nothing unexpected. interviewer talked about there job and work. Make sure you have your elevator speech down. The interviewers seemed bore but I heard they act like that on purpose.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a position augmenting an Accenture team already in place. I have done this with them, and others, before so the process was rather quick. A couple of phone calls with Accenture and the primary for the engagement, then a face to face with the primary.

Interview Questions

• My role was that of manager to an implementation team, with some hands on infrastructure work, as well as being part of the senior management/review team. Questions revolved around management style since the Accenture team had to work closely wit the primary's people. Mostly about personal approach and style.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My rates were pretty straight forward and stated prior to any interview. There was no negotiation between Accenture and myself. Accenture had already set their rates with the primary, as I was "part of them".

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in September 2011.

Interview

4 stage process that tried to determine overall people skills and ability handle future workload based on experience.

Interview Questions

• What job role or duties will help you wake up and enjoy coming to work daily.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not flexible with salary negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

The first round interview was simple, took only 30 minutes, and was basically to make sure you were interested in the company and wanted to move further into the interviewing process. The process consistes of 3 rounds and after the first round you should hear back within 2-3 days from my experience. The second round interview was more in depth and took about an hour and involved the typical situtational questions as to how you work with group and how you personally have taken control in group situation to produce a favorable outcome. There was also questions regarding my past experience. The interviewer was much less polite than the first rounf interviewer and seemed like she did not enjoy what she was doing. The first round interviewer was a chemical enginerr from UPENN and the second round interviewer was a current Penn State Grad Student. Accenture is a great company and offers a competitive base salary for this position, but it requires frequent traveling and long hours, therefore the higher salary does not compensate for much.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were faced with a difficult task and how you overcame the task.   1 Answer

IT Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in September 2008.

Interview

Accenture had a booth set up for a career fair and extended onsite interviews if they saw candidates they are interested in. The interview is 1 on 1 and then relay the information to the group that has openings.

IT Consultant Interview

Interview

They had called me to offer group assessment interview for an IT Consultant job which I accepted. I am a freshly graduate so we mainly talked about my academic achievements.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was interested even if I have no skills in that field   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Milan (Italy)) in March 2017.

Interview

A really bad experience. I was called by a recruiter, but it seems nobody read my resumé or took into consideration my interests. I was given hardly any information, if not conflicting ones, on the job I was being considered for, even after asking. At the group interview, the other candidates seemed just as confused, repeating they had no IT skills for an IT job (of still unclear nature).
    I was clear about my inclinations, so when I was called the next day for another interview, I did not expect to lose other time just to be told I had not the specific skills for a job I had no interest to do and did not apply for.

Interview Questions

• A client calls you, makes a confused request for a specific service, then hangs the phone. What do you do?
      (Interviewer names specific tool you are unfamiliar with)   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

- Telephony round: They would ask basic questions about computers, networking and IT Service mangement.
    - Soft skill round: A Soft skill trainer would called in to check your spoken english.
    - Face to Face technical round: They would further call you in to ask some more technical questions while looking at your attitude.
    - HR Round: Where in you negotiate your salary with the HR.

Interview Questions

• - Basic questions about Computer operating systems, networking, IT service management.   2 Answers

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Accenture (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Such a pathetic process of offer release.. To complete3 rounds of interview it took 4 weeks and finally got selected. They asked to submit all the documents so urgently that it looked like they going to release the offer in 1days. Now almost 1.5 month over and no offer released still and no update in portal as well. No one updates if the position is valid or not available, but continuous mails are coming regarding the open position with same role. But system will not allow you to apply as your profile is already in their database. No transparently and nothing, no one from the HR team replies to the query/mails regarding the offer letter. Are they recruiting really to give joining or just a name sake ?