Accenture Analyst Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Analyst Consulting Group Interview Questions

3.3

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Consulting Group Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online via their website and got a response back via email after about a week. Then I had a phone interview less than a week later. I went about the phone interview in the wrong way. It is 75% behavioral and 25% technical (case study). Don't make the same mistakes that I did -- establish a relationship with your interviewer, know his or her name, make sure to have 3-4 relevant and poignant vignettes for the standard behavioral competency questions. I could tell I goofed right off the bat and it was impossible to turn it around after that even though my case study skills and latter behavioral interview were solid. The case itself was easy and non-quantitative in nature. The interviewer seemed like he really didn't want to be doing the interview, and really emphasized on time. He also seemed pretty cold and even a little arrogant.

Interview Questions

• What situation have you faced that you have had to show leadership? What makes for a good management consultant? What does an Accenture management consultant do, exactly?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

1) Submit online application. Basic motivational and competency questions.
    2) Video interview. This can seem daunting if you have never done one before, but you quickly settle into it. Ensure you brush up on why you are applying to Accenture as well as why you are interested in technology. Brief case study at the end - just make sure that you give sensible answers using the information provided. Accenture are quite nice in that they allow you to re-record answers to the questions. I recommend using the first time through to make notes on what you are going to say and practicing before nailing it the second time.
    3) Assessment Centre. First half of the day introduction to the company, icebreakers as well as tips on the interviews later on in the day. Get a chance to meet current analysts which is cool - can really question them on what Accenture is really like! Then after lunch straight into assessments. One group exercise and one one-to-one interview. Group exercise you are given a problem and you have to come up with a solution as a group. Be courteous, don't talk over anyone and ensure that you involve everyone in the the discussions. Accenture like it if you bring some relevant stuff into it - e.g. when devising solutions you want to think long term as Accenture employ the partnership model (building a relationship with the client over a long period of time). One-to-one you are given an additional exercise which carries on from the group exercise - so keep in mind the solutions you came up with and budgets etc! After that a general chat about motivation and what you have done in the past which makes you a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to adapt to changing circumstances on a task or a project?
      What interests you about technology?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)).

Interview

HR team were not helpful, did not really know what the job involved. Can take weeks for them to let you know if you are through to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Asked to make a presentation on a topic of their choice   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was by video and ooh around 45 mins. There was a written case study at the end of the video which took around 20 mins and gave you some information, data, and graphs to which you answered questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think an analyst does day to day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application I was invited to take a video interview. This consisted of 7-9 questions which were based around motivation (e.g. why Accenture, what is your understanding of the role), competency and a mini case study. The assessment centre was a very short day consisting of two exercises. The group exercise was based on a bank merger and the key here is to be engaging and take on an active role as timekeeper or scribe if possible. The 1-1 interview mainly involved questions on the group exercise so it's important to know exactly what solutions you pick as a group and why you picked them (and if you've made a mistake don't be afraid to admit it). At the end, there were a few motivational/competency questions.

Analyst Consulting Group - Graduate Scheme, London Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied from London, UK. The process took about a month overall.

1. Application Form : It's fairly straightforward but my top tip would be not to get overwhelmed by the word limit. There's a 3000 character limit (roughly 750 words) but most of my answers were 1500-2000 characters. (around 300-350 words maximum)

2. Phone interview : Took about 45 minutes. Competency questions were regarding working with a difficult person, a situation where you went above and beyond what was expected, and a situation where you worked without much guidance. Followed by detailed questions on Accenture, and how it uses technology (make sure to have case studies and not just the most obvious ones from the website). You are also required to be able to list their main competitors.

3. Assessment Centre : It was a friendly, welcoming environment. There were only 7 people on the day of my AC and all of us kind of got along, which was nice as well. We also had access to current Analysts and got to ask them questions about the job and about working at Accenture.

-The individual exercise is stressful because of the time limit but remember, the aim is not to go through all the data but to be able to summarize it effectively. There are 5 questions and think about what those questions ask and the kinds of graphs that can help answer them - and go through only those.

-The group exercise: You are given a situatioon and a set of solutions. As a team you have to go through and pick 4 solutions. Management of time is really important. And really think about why you are picking each solution, the compromises you may or may not be making, and the pros and cons of each.

- 1:1 Interview : Most of this interview revolves around the group exercise, how you think it went, your contribution to the group, the solutions you chose and why you chose them. You are also given new solutions and will have to make a decision then and there on which one you want to incorporate. This is followed up by questions on why Accenture, why consulting, what you hope to gain from Accenture and then followed up by some competency questions. I had a situation where you had to problem-solve creatively, a situation where things didnt go quite your way and how you adapted to it. I was also asked about what skills I could bring to the position, and asked to describe a situation where I used one of these skills. It was a casual, fairly relaxed interview with just one manager.

OVERALL : Research Accenture well - know WHY you are applying there, think about projects that you can connect with and relate to your background, however unrelated it may be/seem. And, use the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) method when answering competency questions. Finally, try to plug in your interest/skills in technology in some way or another : that is their primary focus and they are keen to hire people that can demonstrate that.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a situation when you had to problem solve creatively   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a situation when you had to adapt; when things didnt quite go your way   Answer Question
    • What skills do you think you can bring to the position? Can you tell me about a situation when you used one of those skills   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a situation when you had to accomplish a task without much guidance   Answer Question

Analyst Consulting Group - Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Overall the process was quite short. Took me in total 1 month.

First part being the online application. There are a few questions which tests your understanding of their business and your interest in consulting. Make use of their website

The second part is the phone interview. Divided into 3 parts:
    1) about the company, clients, what they do.
    2) competency questions like "tell me a time", "strength/weakness"
    3) mini case study. Mine was about a water company facing problems and how can Accenture help. Relatively straightforward. Just be attentive and the solutions itself is in the question asked

The final one is the Assessment Center. It is quite a tedious half day session which is also divided into 3 parts:

1) analytical exercise - testing your focus working under pressure and going through and assimilating large amounts of data. To answer 5 questions. Stay focused and watch your time. My advice would be not to linger too long on one question. Should you be stuck, move on and come back.

2) group exercise-(2 merging banks) . 4 people in a group exercise. more on how you work in a team and get along with people. Try to be proactive. The results you achieve isn't that important, more on how you carry yourself and the discussion to achieve a solution in an organized way

3) 1 on 1 interview (30 minutes)- discussion on the group exercise and self evaluation. Also a further extension to the group exercise to come up with another solution. Tests your analytical thought process and logical decision making. Final part is a competency based interview similar to the phone exercise. Very enriching assessment center and well thought out.

Just stay focused and calm.

Consulting Analyst Group Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

1. Tour of the offices

2. Presentation from Senior Analyst

3. Data Analysis assessment
    You are given a large document full of data (about 30 pages) and are given 20 minutes to answer questions on the data

4. Group Exercise
    You are given a scenario (in our case, the scenario was two banks merging) and you are given a range of solutions along with pros and cons f each solution. As a team, you have to decide which solution is the best.

5a) One to One Interview - discussion of the group exercise (15mins)
    The interviewer will ask you what you thought about the decision the group came to. You will also be given another set off solutions to read through and choose between

5b) Competency based questions
    The interviewer will ask you standard interview questions such as 'Why are you interested n the role' etc.

Interview Questions

• Can you bullet point the reasons you would like to work for us?   Answer Question

ACG - Analyst Consulting Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Initially I completed the online application. I was invited to a telephone interview soon after. This was based on standard competency questions, why Accenture? in addition to a mini-case study at the end. This stage is simple enough if you've done your homework.
    I was told I would obtain an outcome to my interview within 5-10 working days. I had to wait 5 weeks in total - I constantly had to go back and forth to HR who were quite frankly - useless. Eventually, from persistently ringing a number in Dublin and racking up an expensive phone bill in the process; I was told I had passed the interview and was invited to an Assessment Centre.
    There are plenty of reviews on here RE what to expect from the AC and nothing was a surprise.

Ultimately, I didn't get an offer. I requested feedback and was told I did not negotiate well during the group discussion... This couldn't be further from the truth - during my interview with HR (reflecting on the group discussion) I was told that I negotiated well (?!) so why was I rejected?! I answered all the interview questions well and felt confident. Following speaking to fellow candidates they stated I performed very well on the day and are surprised I did not pass the AC.

The whole process seems ambiguous - what specific skills are they looking for? At times it feels like one is competing against an arbitrary ranking scale which does not necessarily allow for identification of key skills which would enable a successful career as a junior consultant as part of the ACG.

I'd encourage candidates to apply for Accenture - it sounds like a great company and there was a good feel to the day. Hopefully you'll get more understanding HR staff on the day who are capable of identifying talent.

Analyst Consulting Group - Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward. Process took about 4 weeks. Would have been faster if I was not sitting for exams.

Online application followed by a phone interview within two weeks. Phone interview revolved around competency questions predominantly with a small case study at the end.

Assessment Centre is shorter than most but expect an intensive afternoon. Here is what to expect:

1. Individual analytical exercise (25 min) - Time pressured. Case study with a stack of information to process. You are expected to write answers to 5 very pointed questions. Be as specific as you can, but do not need to focus on the details (actual percentages, numbers etc). They ask that you focus on three main themes and my advise is to stick to the themes and don't deviate too much. Bullet point everything and don't spend too much time on one question. You won't have time to read everything so make sure you know what you are looking for.

2. Group Case Study Exercise (30 min) - You will work in groups of five to arrive at a solution for a client (two merging banks). Lots of data to process. Stay very focused and try to pick on key issues (cost, pros, cons). Speak out and try to take the lead in various capacities - keep time, write on the board etc. The solutions in the end are straightforward. Focus on what the key aims of the banks are and Accenture's key interests. You can go over budget! But make sure you can justify it. At the end, the assessors ask the group to discuss what they might have done differently if money was no object. Speak out during this time and focus on Accenture's capabilities.

3. 1 on 1 Interview (30 min) - Very relaxed interview. Start by discussing the case study with the interviewer. Make sure you know what solutions your group picked and how you will justify it to the client AND to Accenture. Think of the stakeholders and use common sense. Try to tie in with the capabilities Accenture offers. Follows with a few competency questions which are pretty much similar to the phone interview questions.

Stay relaxed. Don't overprepare. Use common sense.

Interview Questions

• Q: What can you offer to the team at Accenture?   1 Answer