Accenture Entry Level Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.9

Entry-Level Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Davis, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Two rounds, first round behavioral was very not difficult, interview was cut short by 30 minutes and was told I was going to get a final round. Final round had two components, behavioral and case. Behavioral was still very basic, but because the interviewer was much more invested in the process and was more critical of answers. Made it more of a conversation, was not able to give an elevator pitch. Case question was not as quantitative, start up wants to be valued at $ 1 billion+, they have orginizational problems, what should they do?

Interview Questions

• What was one time you needed to do something but didn't know how to tackle it?   Answer Question

Entry-Level Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

As far as consulting interviews go, my experience with Accenture was relatively laid back. Behavioral interviews were very conversational. Case was pretty easy and the interviewer offered a good deal of help throughout. Overall good experience.

Entry Level Infra Tech Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Antonio, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I got an interview from Accenture after talking with them at a career fair. The firs interview happened about a week later on campus and was incredibly easy. Basic questions about my resume, why I wanted to work there, what I knew about the company. About 2 weeks later I had my second and third interviews back to back. Same basic easy questions some technical some behavioral, and more questions about my resume and technical projects.

Interview Questions

• What are the 7 layers of the OSI model?
      What is a MAC address?
      What factors affect the performance of a network?
      What is a protocol?
      Define bandwidth and Latency
      Which layers are user supported and network supported?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What do you think separates us from our competitors?
      Are you willing to continue learning and getting certifications for the job
      1 Answer

The pay was too low 43,000 a year

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

The intial process began with a phone screening performed by a recruiter. The next step involved two over the phone interviews conducted by managers in different industries. Each were behavioral before presenting a case then follow-up questions.

Interview Questions

• There is no way to go 50/50 with 2 case interviews. You have to ace one and at least pull 75% on the other or vice versa. Unfortunately, one of the interviewers was incredibly difficult to work with on the case study via phone. The behavioral portion is incredibly straightforward and simple.   Answer Question

Interview

First completed a phone screen with a recruiter, was told right after that I had made it past. Four days or so later was my scheduled interview on the phone with a woman in Dallas which was behavioral, she actually told me how to answer it (she was very nice & explained the process), but to be honest, you should know the STAR method for answering behaviorals. Then I went to a city separate from the one I was going to work at (I guess they have interviews in groups based on position, not on your desired work location). You learn about the company, then they have 2 interviews a technical one (the guy actually didn't interview me, but we just talked about my formal training, what I could do and what department in Accenture I would be better fitted for) then an informal interview where we just chatted. I ended up getting put in Systems Integration, which was great seeing as I liked that better and I didn't have to interview again.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't need to negotiate, they offered all that I wanted.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Detroit, MI) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied on Accenture's website (did not have a referral). I was contacted the following day by an Accenture recruiter and we arranged a first round intro interview for later in the week. I was then invited to participate in back to back case study interviews (each lasted about an hour) and were conducted over the phone. I was then invited to an in-person interview at an Accenture office, not the one I was interviewing for. The first interview of the day was a case interview and the second was a confirming interview to see if I was a match for the company. They offered me the position 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• The first case interview was analytical. It was basic math but the correct questions needed to be asked by me in order to come up with the correct revenue - estimate. Another case dealt with a domestic company looking to expand globally. You should be up to date on current economic news. The final case interview was less about problem solving and more about how you would handle difficult team environments and difficult clients. The confirming interview more of a laid back conversation with basic behavioral questions mixed in to help drive the conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was firm and fair.

Entry Level Security Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Dallas, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

I stopped by their booth at the last NBMBA conference in houston, dropped my resume and explained my enthusiasm about working for them. I was contacted by a recruiter some few weeks later. He then scheduled me for a phone interview. The phone interview was about my resume(know your resume in and out). Be friendly with him or her, he introduced himself and we spoke briefly about the weather that day. I believe such an approach makes the interviewer more friendly.

I passed this phase and was scheduled for the second round which is a behavioral interview, also on the phone. Sample questions at this stage includes....tell me about a time when you did xyz. Approach this by thinking back at your previous job, explain a situation you phased, tell them what YOU did on this project specifically! (Read up on the star methodology and watch sample videos on youtube). I had this typed out on a paper which made remembrance easy.

The last stage was the office visit in DC. I was given an air ticket and setup in a hotel which was less than 5 minutes walk to the office. This consisted of two one - on - one interviews. One was with a really senior executive and the other was with a manager.

They are trying to determine if you are fit at this stage, they also want to allign you to the proper department. To ace this stage, you need to demonstrate you in depth understanding of what accenture does.

I was initially being interviewed for a systems integration role, later i was told that i am being considered for the technology infrastructure role. During the interview, i was asked what areas in technology infrastructure i would fit into. I demonstrated my fit for security by speaking about the importance of IT security in the modern day organization.

I received a verbal offer 2 weeks after the office visit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked in a team, what was your specific contribution to the success of the team?

What kind of person are you in a team?

Tell me about a time when you had to work without clear instruction or supervision.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in December 2013.

Interview

Applied at the end of November 2013. Received a phone screening in December 2013.

The phone screening was based on the college portion of the resume. The interviewer did not ask anything about previous work experience, unless if it was during college. I felt that the interviewer was looking for someone who can multi-task work, study, and leadership from academic clubs/groups. Unfortunately, my goal was to survive and to graduate college (and grad school).

Interviewer also asked, "Why do you want to work at Accenture?"

There was no formal rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Why did you study X in graduate school, but not Y in undergraduate school?   Answer Question

Entry Level Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online beginning of November 2013 and was contacted by email on Dec 1 to ask about my availability for the first round phone interview.
    Recruiter was super nice and she basically went over my resume and I explained what I did, how was my project and talked about groups I was a member.

Couple of days after that, they contacted me for the second round phone interview "Situational interview" and they seem to move fast which is great. They always ask for availabilities and respond fast.
    Haven't done the second round yet but I hope it will be great

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Accenture?
      Why do you want to join Accenture?
      Do you like working at a customer oriented company?
      Answer Question

Entry Level Technology Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and I had 3 round interviews
    - 1st initial phone screening- mostly resume based questions
    -2nd situational interview over the phone
    -3rd in-house iterview (2 separate interview with managers)

It was a great interview experience and all interviewers were super nice.
    Have not heard back since the last interview