Accenture Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

This is an in-depth interview process, but in my experience, it flowed pretty fast after the first interview. I will say it took about a month to get the initial interview, but I received my offer about 3 weeks after. Read all the interview suggestions on this page, as I found them very helpful. My interview differed a bit from the others outlined, but still stayed more or less consistent.
    1. Phone interview with recruiter - consisted mainly of questions about why you want the position and what you know about the company. I was also asked a couple of behavioral questions to end the interview. Lasted about 45 minutes.
    2. In-person interview with 3 different team members - like others have said, you will sit down with an analyst, specialist, and finally a manager. It seems intimidating but the questions are routine interview questions. Know your resume, why you want to work there, and have an understanding of the position. They will also ask in-depth about what your career goals are to ensure you are a good fit within the company. Be prepared for a simple case with the specialist (I was really nervous for this part but it wasn't too bad and they will talk you through it at the end). It will take about 3 hours in total.
    3. A phone interview with the head of CFM for the region - this is pretty much a confirmation call and lasted no more than 20 minutes. She will ask you again why Accenture and a little about your background. This was very conversational!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The overall hiring process was fairly smooth for myself. I was contacted by one of the recruiters in the AFS division regarding a position I applied for online. I applied for the position in June and did not hear anything back until around late October. Once I got in contact with the recruiter she set me up for a phone screening that took around 30 minutes. I was then passed onto another recruiteer who then set up an in person interview for the next week. They said the interview would take around 3-4 hours (they are not kidding). I met with 5 different individuals ranging from an individual who was currently sitting in the role all the way up to the Senior manager of a particular division. They are contantly asking you what you learned about AFS as a whole as well as the position from the person in the previous interview so take LOTS of notes. Be prepared to explain in depth everything that is on your resume and how you made an impact doing it.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you conducted a financial analyses. How did you go about doing so?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about what we do here at Accenture Federal Services? What do you know about the position overall?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked on a budget.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were leading a team and had to ensure teamwork was being utilized.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

1) Phone screening with HR rep (about 30 minutes)
    2) 4+ hour interview online. (Could not make it to office)
          -4 separate interviews from various levels within the CFM team (About 45 minutes to an hour long with an analyst, Specialist, Manger, CFM Exec.)
          - Interview with the specialist was the skills interview where they ask behavioral questions.
          -They ask you to answer the questions based on past work experience.
          -TAKE NOTES THE WHOLE TIME!!!
          -Ask questions if you don't understand the position.
          - Make sure to study up on Accenture as a whole and why you think the culture is right for you.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview took a while due to scheduling issues and only involved 2 interviews.
    Interview 1: 45 minutes phone interview and involved general background questions
    Interview2: 2 hours with two managers who quiz your background and experience.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and it took a couple months for them to get back to me. Very helpful in the interview process, I couldn't meet at the office so they were fine with a skype interview. Interviewed on the phone with HR and then interviewed with a manager and a newly hired analyst.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then a screening with current manager. Then invited to an in-person interview. All in about a two month span from applying to the job and then getting an offer

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Phone screening call, then interview with 3 different people. one with an analyst, one with an associate, and one with an executive. had a case interview where I was given 25 minutes to complete a mini case then the interviewer came back and we discussed it. asked alot about why I like corporate finance

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed theee times. On the phone my HR, two in persons on the same day. Was offered the job on the spot and was told I would start after the clearance and background check process.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

-First: HR screening (basic questions)
    -Second: phone interview with someone who has been in a finance role (be prepared for basic behavioral questions)
    -Third: come to the office for interviews. You should plan on meeting with an analyst, then a specialist, then a manager, and then probably a senior manager. (Be prepared for behavioral questions)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a financial analysis.   1 Answer

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email to have a phone interview for 30 minutes, and then moved onto an in person interview with three different interviewers. Everyone there was very nice and professional.