Accenture Management Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Management Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

This is an in-depth interview process, but in my experience, it flowed pretty fast after the first interview. I will say it took about a month to get the initial interview, but I received my offer about 3 weeks after. Read all the interview suggestions on this page, as I found them very helpful. My interview differed a bit from the others outlined, but still stayed more or less consistent.
    1. Phone interview with recruiter - consisted mainly of questions about why you want the position and what you know about the company. I was also asked a couple of behavioral questions to end the interview. Lasted about 45 minutes.
    2. In-person interview with 3 different team members - like others have said, you will sit down with an analyst, specialist, and finally a manager. It seems intimidating but the questions are routine interview questions. Know your resume, why you want to work there, and have an understanding of the position. They will also ask in-depth about what your career goals are to ensure you are a good fit within the company. Be prepared for a simple case with the specialist (I was really nervous for this part but it wasn't too bad and they will talk you through it at the end). It will take about 3 hours in total.
    3. A phone interview with the head of CFM for the region - this is pretty much a confirmation call and lasted no more than 20 minutes. She will ask you again why Accenture and a little about your background. This was very conversational!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Two rounds. 1st round was behavioral, lady was very nice. 2nd round had two parts. A longer behavioral part which was more intense. And a case study part. They don't really talk to you during. Didn't give any feedback. Take your paper when you finish

Management Consulting Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Phone interview, they misread my application of when I was available and I turned down moving forward with the application for 2018. The interviewer was friendly but flustered, and it would be nice if they were more organized with knowing who they were talking too.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself and why you would be a good fit for Accenture.   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Accenture?   1 Answer

Management Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of an on-campus resume drop, then a first round interview about a week and a half later (1 hour behavioral). A few days later, you are notified if you have a second round which is then 2, 45-minute interviews (1 case and 1 behavioral).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the duties of this role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The overall hiring process was fairly smooth for myself. I was contacted by one of the recruiters in the AFS division regarding a position I applied for online. I applied for the position in June and did not hear anything back until around late October. Once I got in contact with the recruiter she set me up for a phone screening that took around 30 minutes. I was then passed onto another recruiteer who then set up an in person interview for the next week. They said the interview would take around 3-4 hours (they are not kidding). I met with 5 different individuals ranging from an individual who was currently sitting in the role all the way up to the Senior manager of a particular division. They are contantly asking you what you learned about AFS as a whole as well as the position from the person in the previous interview so take LOTS of notes. Be prepared to explain in depth everything that is on your resume and how you made an impact doing it.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you conducted a financial analyses. How did you go about doing so?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about what we do here at Accenture Federal Services? What do you know about the position overall?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked on a budget.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were leading a team and had to ensure teamwork was being utilized.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Selected on campus to interview. First Round was a 60 minutes behavioral. Very conversational and focussed on handling difficult team settings. Final round was a 45 minute case + 45 minute behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

1) Phone screening with HR rep (about 30 minutes)
    2) 4+ hour interview online. (Could not make it to office)
          -4 separate interviews from various levels within the CFM team (About 45 minutes to an hour long with an analyst, Specialist, Manger, CFM Exec.)
          - Interview with the specialist was the skills interview where they ask behavioral questions.
          -They ask you to answer the questions based on past work experience.
          -TAKE NOTES THE WHOLE TIME!!!
          -Ask questions if you don't understand the position.
          - Make sure to study up on Accenture as a whole and why you think the culture is right for you.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I got the first interview through an employee referral. I applied specifically for Federal Services.

The process consisted of a phone screening with a recruiter, an online assessment, phone behavioral interview with manager, in person case study with a manager and then a confirming interview (which was like another behavioral interview).The behavioral and case study interviews were in the same week. I received an offer the day after my confirming interview.

For the case study, they gave me a page long scenario that I had 10 minutes to read over and take notes. The manager then asked me to sum up the main issues the client faces in the case (rising revenue but decreasing profit, & attempting a merger after a failed attempt in the past). The manager really helps you stay on track and will guide you toward the right answer (such as: factors you need to consider in order to understand all facets of the root issue and how to move forward). Be sure to highlight any assumptions you're making and ask clarifying questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to balance work/school goals with personal goals?
      Tell me about a time you had to solve an ambiguous problem with little/no guidance? What steps did you take to solve it?
      Tell me about a team success story/failure?
      Why Accenture? What do you know about Accenture?
      What was your favorite class / why?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I went through an expedited application process by attending a conference Accenture was recruiting at. First round interview took place at the conference in an interview booth and was a generic screening interview. I was asked behavioral interview questions such as: when was a time you had to complete a project with little or no direction, do you prefer to work individually or in a team, why Accenture, why consulting, etc.

A little over a week later I heard from a recruiter that I had moved onto the second and final round interview. Accenture flew me to Washington D.C. for the interview. I met with two managers, the first was my case interview and the second was another behavioral. Case interview really depends on your interviewer in my opinion, so I left that interview not sure if he was satisfied with my responses. The behavioral interview after that went well, my interviewer asked pretty general behavioral questions again such as: how do you teach something you know well to others that don't, when was a time you faced conflict when working on a project and how did you resolve it? when was a time you have to complete a project with little or no direction? What does Accenture do? Why do you want to work in consulting?

Found out a week later I did not get the position, but was not given feedback as to why not just told I was not a fit.

Interview Questions

• What does Accenture do? Why do you want to work in consulting? Do you prefer to work individually or with a team? Tell me about a time you had to complete a large project with little to no direction. How do you teach others something you know well? What was a time you were faced with a conflict and how did you handle it? Tell me about a time you failed, what happened.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process itself was pretty straightforward (I did on campus recruiting). First round was with an Accenture Manager and the second/final round was two back to back interviews with one being a case. My issue with the interview process isn't with the interviewers, but with how the follow up after the interview was presented. Accenture prided itself in getting back to everyone in a week, but instead, I received a phone call about how I had passed the interviews, but an offer may or may not be extended due to logistical recruiting issues. The recruiter promised me a final decision within another week – two weeks later, after some other candidates and I had emailed and called without any returned responses from the recruiter, we received a vague message about there not being enough spots "at this point in time". It would have been nice being told from the very beginning that it was unlikely we would receive an offer. Instead, I waited and was hopeful for three weeks, was given hope again, but that final time I thought better of it and decided to just take it as a rejection.

Accenture's people are certainly great, but HR needs a lot more work on following through on their promises – and of course, having more empathy for the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why Accenture?
      Other questions about experiences on the resume.
      1 Answer