Accenture Management Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Management Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

3.3

Management Consulting Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Phone interview, they misread my application of when I was available and I turned down moving forward with the application for 2018. The interviewer was friendly but flustered, and it would be nice if they were more organized with knowing who they were talking too.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself and why you would be a good fit for Accenture.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Accenture?   Answer Question

Management Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of an on-campus resume drop, then a first round interview about a week and a half later (1 hour behavioral). A few days later, you are notified if you have a second round which is then 2, 45-minute interviews (1 case and 1 behavioral).

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter who was very friendly. I informed the recruiter that I was interviewing with other companies and nothing was in final stages yet.

Next I had a behavioral interview, followed by 2 interviews with senior leaders in the team. I really enjoyed the conversations however there was considerable gap between these discussions. After that there was radio silence for a couple of weeks. Then they reached out and wanted to do a final onsite interview. We agreed on possible dates but after that I did not hear back.

Meanwhile I had multiple attractive offers and had to make a call. I delayed the decision as much as I could and then accepted a different offer. Unfortunately, this is the second time in my career that Accenture has gone all the way to final interviews and due to significant delays I have opted for a different role.

am not upset or annoyed. I understand that they have scheduling limitations due to travel and often changing client commitments of interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to disagree with your leader. How did you do it.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

the interview process was very structured. Had a direct point of contact for pre and post interview process. Overall a very good experience. The experience was much better than many other consulting companies

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Selected on campus to interview. First Round was a 60 minutes behavioral. Very conversational and focussed on handling difficult team settings. Final round was a 45 minute case + 45 minute behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I got the first interview through an employee referral. I applied specifically for Federal Services.

The process consisted of a phone screening with a recruiter, an online assessment, phone behavioral interview with manager, in person case study with a manager and then a confirming interview (which was like another behavioral interview).The behavioral and case study interviews were in the same week. I received an offer the day after my confirming interview.

For the case study, they gave me a page long scenario that I had 10 minutes to read over and take notes. The manager then asked me to sum up the main issues the client faces in the case (rising revenue but decreasing profit, & attempting a merger after a failed attempt in the past). The manager really helps you stay on track and will guide you toward the right answer (such as: factors you need to consider in order to understand all facets of the root issue and how to move forward). Be sure to highlight any assumptions you're making and ask clarifying questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to balance work/school goals with personal goals?
      Tell me about a time you had to solve an ambiguous problem with little/no guidance? What steps did you take to solve it?
      Tell me about a team success story/failure?
      Why Accenture? What do you know about Accenture?
      What was your favorite class / why?
      Answer Question

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

On college campus interview. First round behavioral. Second round was the case study. From there if you got past the first round, you got asked back for a case study interview. Process very straight forward. They had events on campus leading up to the interviews. They were all very nice and professional. Interviewer had a computer screen in front of them making it a little awkward to have a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a group project, what was you role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I went through an expedited application process by attending a conference Accenture was recruiting at. First round interview took place at the conference in an interview booth and was a generic screening interview. I was asked behavioral interview questions such as: when was a time you had to complete a project with little or no direction, do you prefer to work individually or in a team, why Accenture, why consulting, etc.

A little over a week later I heard from a recruiter that I had moved onto the second and final round interview. Accenture flew me to Washington D.C. for the interview. I met with two managers, the first was my case interview and the second was another behavioral. Case interview really depends on your interviewer in my opinion, so I left that interview not sure if he was satisfied with my responses. The behavioral interview after that went well, my interviewer asked pretty general behavioral questions again such as: how do you teach something you know well to others that don't, when was a time you faced conflict when working on a project and how did you resolve it? when was a time you have to complete a project with little or no direction? What does Accenture do? Why do you want to work in consulting?

Found out a week later I did not get the position, but was not given feedback as to why not just told I was not a fit.

Interview Questions

• What does Accenture do? Why do you want to work in consulting? Do you prefer to work individually or with a team? Tell me about a time you had to complete a large project with little to no direction. How do you teach others something you know well? What was a time you were faced with a conflict and how did you handle it? Tell me about a time you failed, what happened.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process itself was pretty straightforward (I did on campus recruiting). First round was with an Accenture Manager and the second/final round was two back to back interviews with one being a case. My issue with the interview process isn't with the interviewers, but with how the follow up after the interview was presented. Accenture prided itself in getting back to everyone in a week, but instead, I received a phone call about how I had passed the interviews, but an offer may or may not be extended due to logistical recruiting issues. The recruiter promised me a final decision within another week – two weeks later, after some other candidates and I had emailed and called without any returned responses from the recruiter, we received a vague message about there not being enough spots "at this point in time". It would have been nice being told from the very beginning that it was unlikely we would receive an offer. Instead, I waited and was hopeful for three weeks, was given hope again, but that final time I thought better of it and decided to just take it as a rejection.

Accenture's people are certainly great, but HR needs a lot more work on following through on their promises – and of course, having more empathy for the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why Accenture?
      Other questions about experiences on the resume.
      Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

A long and thorough process. I applied online and roughly 3 weeks later was called by a recruiter from the company. Went over my skillset and background and was told I made it to the next round. About a month later was contacted and told they'd like to conduct a skills and behavior interview scheduled at two separate times. Immediately after completing these interviews I was contacted by the recruiter and told I made it to the next round. Accenture flew me into town to meet the team and interview further. I received an offer the same day.

Interview Questions

• Had to do a case study both on the phone and in person. General questions about my background.   Answer Question