Accenture Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview Questions

3.3

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter who was very friendly. I informed the recruiter that I was interviewing with other companies and nothing was in final stages yet.

Next I had a behavioral interview, followed by 2 interviews with senior leaders in the team. I really enjoyed the conversations however there was considerable gap between these discussions. After that there was radio silence for a couple of weeks. Then they reached out and wanted to do a final onsite interview. We agreed on possible dates but after that I did not hear back.

Meanwhile I had multiple attractive offers and had to make a call. I delayed the decision as much as I could and then accepted a different offer. Unfortunately, this is the second time in my career that Accenture has gone all the way to final interviews and due to significant delays I have opted for a different role.

am not upset or annoyed. I understand that they have scheduling limitations due to travel and often changing client commitments of interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to disagree with your leader. How did you do it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Recruiter call, Hiring Manager Call. They recruiter was very nice and helpful. However, it became apparent that she was new to recruiting for this team and didn't know the scope of needs as well as I would have expected. She contacted me the day before the interview to inform me that the job specs had changed. She sent the updated job description the morning of my call. I learned that they wanted someone with a different level of experience than I had. Nothing I could have said in the interview would have gotten me further into the process. The hiring manager said the job specs didn't change. It sounded more like a communication breakdown that I couldn't have done well within.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to motivate teams to meet a unreasonable deadline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who conducted a very brief intro to the business and interest interview that lasted maybe 30 minutes. Then I had a Management Consulting Senior Manager call me for more technical interview over the phone that lasted about 45 minutes. Then I was flown into Atlanta to interview with their Strategy practice leadership for three face to face interviews. The first one was a case interview, followed by more a behavioral interview, then followed by the practice leader discussion which at this point was selling me his practice. The face to face interviews lasted about an hour each. After that, I was given an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Case study question was - what are several factors impacting the client's profitability?   Answer Question
    • Case study question: If the client was interested in growing profit at the start of the project but at midway, they changed focus and now wanted to focus on product quality. How would you go about doing this?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your management consulting experience and what do you like most about it and what do you like least about it??   Answer Question
    • How would you lead a team that is spread out all over the globe and may have team members who you've never met and will not ever meet, but work on your project?   Answer Question
    • What techniques have you used to engage an analyst on the project who doesn't seem interested in the project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

The process started with a call from a recruiter based upon my LinkedIn page.

It continued through interviews with a senior recruiter to further review my background. It then continued with a skills assessment test with a Senior Manager followed by a case study interview. All three of these interviews were pretty standard, no surprise or outlandish questions. The staff conducting the interview for each was pleasant and knowledgeable about the company, position and process. The interviews were much more conversational than question and answer.

Those went just fine. Subsequently, they flew me to an east coast city to talk with a Managing Director on whose project I would work. That interview went about an hour or so. The focus was on my role and responsibilities on their project and how my background suited for such. Easy enough as I was recruited solely because I had the skills and background for this particular project.

After this interview, I heard nothing from for 2 months; when they called and offered the position. I was in no hurry as I was presently employed and understand in consulting offers come and go based upon their present needs. Most of the time; firms like Accenture do experienced hire recruiting and interviews based upon anticipated needs which may or may not come to fruition during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing hard, just understand how your background would be a fit for their position and work through points during your talks so they will understand, as well. It doesn't have to be a perfect match, just so your background addresses their key needs. Like any other client/consultant relationship.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A fairly standard process. They asked my minimum and offered about 5K more. They added a sign on bonus, which I accepted. The negotiating was actually done with the Sr Recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Four stages of phone interview followed by one on one with Director. Two were technical/case study type interviews with subject specialists (supply chain, procurement) , one was a general aptitude interview and one a personality type interview. After the final interview having been told I passed all stages including the final with flying colors I was told there was no longer a position available due to a slowdown in the work pipeline. I felt I had wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage the centralization of procurement activities between merging companies that were previously competitors.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

All interviews were via phone and took several months as Accenture generally doesn't hire unless there is billable work for you. I interviewed with other Senior Managers and the overall lead and MD for the group I was interviewing with.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about my relationships at clients and my experience at Booz Allen doing strategy in Supply Chain   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Initial Phone interview with HR rep out of the practice area, Follow up with 2 additional phone interviews to determine skill set as well as behavioral interview questions. Flown in for 1 day to meet with 3 high level people. Offer was presented within a week of that face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate salary

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Irving, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Very rigid interview process, there are 5-6 interviews and final interview if face to face. Recruiter filters thru candidates then first and second level on the phone interviews. Then everything stops for couple of weeks. If they are interested then 3rd and 4th interviews. If they are not interested then no feedback is given.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe scenarios from past experience and walk interviewer thru it   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took what I was offered and no room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

I have worked at Accenture before but been gone for many years. I was referred by a current employee to a senior executive who was willing to discuss opportunities to come back. There was no specific opportunity in mind when we first met but we had a good interview and brainstormed a number of ideas in conjunction with discussing my background. The interview was very positive with some clear next steps identified but it took nearly a month for the next step to happen - a cursory screening interview with HR.

HR took another month to arrange a second interview within the hiring group and unfortunately, it was not the group that had been discussed in my first interview. It was however a group that my first interviewer was affiliated with so that was a positive as it indicated I had made a strong impression on my first interviewer. Still, the elapsed time of two months was a red flag.

The second interview was a case interview with someone at the same level that I was applying for (senior manager) and I think it went very well. I "cracked the case" within a few minutes and more importantly, I think I did a good job demonstrating my thought process. We discussed other topics for the balance of the interview including what the challenges might be in coming back to consulting.

Two weeks later I was informed by HR that the second (case) interview went well but the first interviewer had decided not to proceed with my candidacy because of a lack of industry depth. This might be legitimate but it's unclear why this became an issue so late into the process. HR has indicated they will look for a better fit for me within the company. It's unclear if this is the brush off or a legitimate desire to find a place for me with Accenture.

At this point, I'm more lukewarm on Accenture as a company simply because of the lack of transparency and decisiveness evidenced by the process. The people I met were top drawer, so I don't want to judge them too harshly based on one experience. I know there are external factors such as the economy and the impending year end for the company (end of this month) as well as the real possibility that there might be another opportunities for me with Accenture. Until some time has passed, I probably won't be able to finalize my opinion of the process as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Questions asking me to imagine where I would best fit in.   1 Answer
    • Questions asking me to relate my previous non-consulting work experience to the skills and experience that consultants require.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by Accenture Recruiter about their interest in talking to me about a Sr Manager opportunity in their Management Consulting practice. Initial phone interview was rescheduled a few times. Good discussions with another sr manager which included a case discussion. During the phone interview itself the Sr manager felt that I was doing well and discussed next round options. In person discussions scheduled in Houston office. Met with a few sr managers and partners. Got a call later in the day that all gave very positive feedback. More personal details were requested for background check to extend an offer. I was then requested to get on the phone with another sr partner who suggested that I talk to another sr partner in an adjacent practice.

I work for a big corporation currently. I wanted to work for a nimbler organization and hence I was interested in Accenture's MC practice that is relatively smaller. While Accenture has smart people, it unfortunately behaves like a big corporation with lots of processes, slow decision making. It also felt like everyone at various levels in the organization wanted to have an input on every decision. This is generally indicative of other problems in the organization.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when I envisioned, project managed and successfully executed a Project   Answer Question