Accenture Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

3.1

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter who was very friendly. I informed the recruiter that I was interviewing with other companies and nothing was in final stages yet.

Next I had a behavioral interview, followed by 2 interviews with senior leaders in the team. I really enjoyed the conversations however there was considerable gap between these discussions. After that there was radio silence for a couple of weeks. Then they reached out and wanted to do a final onsite interview. We agreed on possible dates but after that I did not hear back.

Meanwhile I had multiple attractive offers and had to make a call. I delayed the decision as much as I could and then accepted a different offer. Unfortunately, this is the second time in my career that Accenture has gone all the way to final interviews and due to significant delays I have opted for a different role.

am not upset or annoyed. I understand that they have scheduling limitations due to travel and often changing client commitments of interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to disagree with your leader. How did you do it.   Answer Question

Senior Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Back to back (behavioral and case) interviews at an MBA job fair, then the same again by phone for final round. Interviewers were well-spoken, professional, and supportive. If you are going to a job fair where Accenture is present, apply ahead of time online at both accenture.com and the job fair website. Then, learn ten things about Accenture, use these things during your interview.

Interview Questions

• When working with two clients that don't get along, how did you get them to work together on the project (e.g. overcome/solve the conflict)?   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The process included following steps:
    Recruiter Interview (General background experience questions, Compensation, Areas of Interest)
    Phone interviews with two Managing Directors (Deep and Broad questions on IT Strategy, Challenges),
    Video Interview with Practice Leader (Review of relevant background, How I can contribute to Accenture practice, Key industries of interest, Future career aspirations, etc.)

Interview Questions

• IT Strategy and EA experiences, Type of resources needed for IT Strategy/EA projects, Industries experienced in, Challenging CxO interactions and outcomes,   Answer Question

Management Consulting Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Chat with recruiter followed by 30min behavioral interview, then another 45min skills interview and 1h case interview with senior manager. All interviews were over the phone. everything was scheduled very fast. I had all three stages scheduled at once. skills and case interviews scheduled for the same day.

Interview Questions

• behavioral: share work experience from your past two years, examples of conflicts and how i resolved them
      skills: walk me through your resume..
      case: 4 big pharma companies want to develop global clinical trial management platform. should they do it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Recruiter call, Hiring Manager Call. They recruiter was very nice and helpful. However, it became apparent that she was new to recruiting for this team and didn't know the scope of needs as well as I would have expected. She contacted me the day before the interview to inform me that the job specs had changed. She sent the updated job description the morning of my call. I learned that they wanted someone with a different level of experience than I had. Nothing I could have said in the interview would have gotten me further into the process. The hiring manager said the job specs didn't change. It sounded more like a communication breakdown that I couldn't have done well within.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to motivate teams to meet a unreasonable deadline.   Answer Question

Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

After getting an employee referral, I applied online and then was contacted by a recruiter. The recruiter stated that there would be five interviews, and then a final interview with the global head of the practice. The first interview was with HR and lasted about an hour- a standard review of your resume, motivations for coming to the practice, past experiences- all very standard for this level of recruiting and very promising. Two months go by and the second interview (Situational) comes, this time it goes very well and the interview is almost 2+ hours. Then nothing-for two-and-a-half months. First recruiter calls and schedules the next two interviews. In the interview with potential colleague (which took two more weeks to schedule) a few points come to light- a) he admits he hasn't read my resume and doesn't know why he is interviewing me b) he has only been with the firm a short time and is on 'garden leave' for another several months, so not only is he not allowed to do anything in the practice, he doesn't even care who they do hire to do the work on his own team...somehow he likes me and passes me on to the next round. Another month goes by. The next interview is with the leader of the practice. After a few reschedules, and one outright blowoff, we have the interview-where he asks me the exact same technical question that the previous interviewer had, which I answered the exact same way (correctly) and I asked if I could ask a few questions? Had they ever done a full implementation, and if so, what were the difficulties that they had run into? Long pause....they had NEVER done a full implementation, they had never even done a project were they were direct billing the client- their services were an add-on to other areas of the firm and they had yet to do a project that covered their costs. The process had drug on for six months. There were several last minute cancellations and two outright blow-offs by the interviewers. I wasn't interested in being treated like this. I thanked him for his time, followed by emails etc...the recruiter calls a week later-they are not going to hire at this level for the post, they have dropped it down two levels. I don't actually say much, as she was pleasant and there was no need to be anything but professional (she kept saying "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I really thought you were perfect for Accenture" I thanked her kindly and went on my way...
    A week later, the post is up again- they did not drop it down, they kept it the same.

I can't get back the time involved in this whole lengthy process, but at some point, when my new firm is looking for consultants for a project, I will have plenty to weigh in on the subject of whom gets hired.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had a difficult task or had to convince your staff to do something they didn't want to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who conducted a very brief intro to the business and interest interview that lasted maybe 30 minutes. Then I had a Management Consulting Senior Manager call me for more technical interview over the phone that lasted about 45 minutes. Then I was flown into Atlanta to interview with their Strategy practice leadership for three face to face interviews. The first one was a case interview, followed by more a behavioral interview, then followed by the practice leader discussion which at this point was selling me his practice. The face to face interviews lasted about an hour each. After that, I was given an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Case study question was - what are several factors impacting the client's profitability?   Answer Question
    • Case study question: If the client was interested in growing profit at the start of the project but at midway, they changed focus and now wanted to focus on product quality. How would you go about doing this?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your management consulting experience and what do you like most about it and what do you like least about it??   Answer Question
    • How would you lead a team that is spread out all over the globe and may have team members who you've never met and will not ever meet, but work on your project?   Answer Question
    • What techniques have you used to engage an analyst on the project who doesn't seem interested in the project?   Answer Question

Senior SAP FICO Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was good. I had three interviews in total, one technical, one behavioral and one HR. They run a vigorous background check. They had to run a background check in all the foreign countries i have lived and worked for at least 6 months. The salary negotiation process was fine and I got what i asked for, but you have to do your research first.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation whereby there was a misunderstanding of scope in the project and how you handled it.
      What are the SAP finance closing activities
      How would you handle communication in a big multi cultural offshore and onshore teams
      Describe an enhancement that you had to do in SAP and how you handled it.

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Situation, approach and result/outcome. They asked you to describe different situations with examples of past experiences. Sometimes they go dipper in your answer specially if they are looking for certain skills. They also give you example of situation to understand how would you approach them

Interview Questions

• Provide example of situation, how do you handle an answer   Answer Question

Senior Consultant/Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

There are several interviews that you will go through. The process timeline varies for everyone, but their peak hiring period is around July - September from what I have seen. I applied during this time and my process to first interview to last to hire was only 4 weeks.
    Experience Hire interview process:
    Phone Interviews:
    Prepare. Research Accenture. What makes you, you? Why are you changing jobs?, etc.

Interview 1 (phone): Screening interview -show your personality and explain your resume. Be prepared with examples of how you executed the projects you mention
    Interview 2 (phone): You are given a scenario that you need to discuss how you would execute the project, build the project plan, engage the team/client, etc. Make sure to research if you are not familiar with the terminology for the position you are applying to. They want to hear terminology. Ask for feedback. They will help you to improve for the next one.

Office interviews:
    Make sure to write down who you meet, address people by name. The entire time you are in the office you are being watched. Introduce yourself to other interviewees - you will not be the only one interviewing this day. Ask questions, be interested, show excitement.

Interview 3 (in person): Interviews 3 and 4 are in the local office. If you pass #3, you go on to #4. IF you do not pass #3, you will not have a 4th interview and your interview will end. The 3rd interview is another scenario - Use the whiteboard, make eye contact, etc. Present as if you are presenting to a client and are selling them the project plan. If you make it past this one, you will be escorted to the last interview.
    Interview 4 (in person): This is with a managing director from the local office. They are normally the toughest and try to intimidate you. Maintain your personality, answer clearly and concisely as you would a difficult client. You will be able to tell if it is going well by how this interview progresses and ends. If they warm up to you some, then most likely it is going well.

You should hear back by mid-week the next week. Feel free to contact your HR contact if you have not heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview:
      1: Why Accenture? What makes you, you? Why are you changing jobs? Explain this role on your resume. How many people have you lead in a team? Have you given job reviews? Have you ever sold work to a client? Basically if you claimed you did something on your resume, be able to back it up. Be friendly and ALWAYS have questions prepared.
      2: Project Scenario: Example: Company XYZ is undergoing a merger with one of their competitors due to an acquisition. How would you engage the company to bring them through the change process? To prepare: research these types of questions online - google it - there are many and you can test your answering skills by writing a few scenarios down and having a peer/manager review your answers to provide feedback.

Office interview:
      3. Same as 2
      4. Why Accenture? What is change management? What makes you a good fit for Accenture? Would you be willing to move/do this type of work, etc.? What do you know about the industry you are applying to the position for? What is your experience in the industry? What are some things that you see in the industry as challenges/benefits?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate your months at level. Not flexible on salary once they decide your level/position you are being hired into. Bonus and moving allowances are standard. Make sure you get both if you are moving.