Accenture Strategy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Strategy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2017

3.2

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in January 2017.

Interview

The process took about a month or so. I applied for a consulting internship, but was contacted to reapply for the Strategy Analyst internship. Within about a week I had been invited for 2 interviews for the first round; a case and a behavioral. Both were over the phone and about 1 hour. The final round was very similar, but with more exec interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you overcame a problem in a group setting.   1 Answer

Strategy Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

The first round interview was a ninety minute video conference that included a 45 minute case and 45 minutes of behavioral questions. The person that gave the case was not the same as the one who asked the behavioral questions. It was the same format on-campus for the second round. 1 longish case and 45 mins of behavioral. Medium difficulty cases involving some graphs and/or data output in both rounds.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

First Round: 2 separate 45 minute interviews. One behavioral, one case.
    Final Round: Similar to first round.
    Both rounds were done on-campus through on-campus recruiting. Final round was the day immediately after the first round. HR will call you evening of. Pretty standard. The cases are also relatively straightforward, but probably also less structuring needed than some other firms. Very logic-based. Quick turn-around time, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength that you would say is your brand?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied through on-campus recruiting (target school). After attending an info session, I submitted my resume through our job search portal and learned that I was selected for a first round. First round consisted of 2 interviews with 2 different people, each 45 minutes. One was case-focused, one was behavioral. Within a few days, I learned I had advanced to Super Day in NYC the following week, which consisted of many social events and an additional 2 interviews with 2 people (case & behavioral, each about an hour long). Overall, it was a hugely positive experience and although stressful obviously, it was great to meet so many people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to try something new
      Why consulting
      Why Accenture Strategy
      Are you interested in technology
      Time you had to persuade a group
      Tell me about yourself
      Typical behavioral questions. Make sure to prep good stories but the case is also very important, especially for first round. Study!
      Answer Question

Senior Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Back to back (behavioral and case) interviews at an MBA job fair, then the same again by phone for final round. Interviewers were well-spoken, professional, and supportive. If you are going to a job fair where Accenture is present, apply ahead of time online at both accenture.com and the job fair website. Then, learn ten things about Accenture, use these things during your interview.

Interview Questions

• When working with two clients that don't get along, how did you get them to work together on the project (e.g. overcome/solve the conflict)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position through my university recruiting. Recruiters were so friendly and helpful throughout the entire process. My first round interview consisted of a behavioral and case study part. Pretty basic stuff. Study for cases, and just talk about you and your experiences for the behavioral component.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted application, was flown to one of their offices in the northeastern US. They took care of airfare, lodging, and meal fees. Interview was a day-long affair consisting of two interviews + a Q&A-type conversation with HR. Both were case interviews, with one more concentrated on the behavioral fit + ~15-20 case, while the other case took up the entire hour.

Interview Questions

• Technological solutions for a nonprofit looking to enhance their ability to the help the unemployed find jobs   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

case interviews - same as that for MBB, use case books, prepare your CV, be truthful and tactful. case interviews - same as that for MBB, use case books, prepare your CV, be truthful and tactful

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. First round took place on-campus, 45 min behavior and 45 min case. Second round took place over the phone, 45 min behavior and 45 min case. You will be given exhibits through email. Interviewers are very friendly an made the cases more like a business discussion than a test. Behavior interview may include a stress test.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   2 Answers