Accenture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017
7,542 Interview Reviews

2.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Seoul (South Korea)) in May 2013.

Interview

There were all case interview. Composed of 3 rounds. And every interviews was held in Accenture office. And every interview was 1 on 1 face to face interview. After all process, I got job offer

Interview Questions

• Is this right strategy that Samsung goes into vehicle component market?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call from company HR that my profile is shortlisted and interview is scheduled for Saturday 15th of April.

Reached Accenture Bangalore office at 9 am.. after completing the mandatory registration process which took 1 hr waited for another 2 hrs but no interview taken so I came back without wasting more time

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in January 2013.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews, with various stakeholders. They invested a lot of time in finding out exactly where and under whose supervision I had th ehighest chance of succeeding. All interviews were to the point, probing and quite relaxed. HR interviews happened at the start only. The decision is usually with the Partners after that, and they lead the entire process. Even the contract negotiations wre done by a Partner, not HR.

Interview Questions

• I was given a couple of Case studies to work with on the spot, where I had to analyze the situation, come up with an action plan, and think of which direction the assignment could potentially take. There was also some client-Accenture roleplay on specific topics that I was comfortable in. They were also curious about my career ambitions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short, intense. They asked for my expected salary, and told me what their expectation was. Then we spoke calmly about how we could arrive at a middle ground. This took about a couple of hours, until both of us were happy with what we had doctored up. After that, it was a simple matter of signing on the dotted line, getting the formalities through and waiting for the contract to arrive by post in a couple of days.

Software Engineering Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in August 2013.

Interview

HR phone interview introducing the hiring process
    1 hour panel interview with 2 senior managers.
    If you pass, you get another phone interview that introduces the company and your questions gets answered.

Interview Questions

• C++ coding syntax, DLLs, design patterns, networking protocols, etc.
      On the board pseudo coding to design multiplayer snake game in mobile.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary offered was very low compared to my current salary so I send computation of my existing package and they agreed and increased the offer to a bit lower than my expected salary.

Scrummaster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial Telephone Interview with HR then F2F Interview with Programme Account / Resourcing lead and an Experienced Consultant. Overall it was quite robust and they found out if you were suitable or not for the roles applied for in questions.

It left no stone unturned - direct questions related to the job you would perform. No competency based framework.

Maximum honesty from interviewers.

Interview Questions

• List of generic questions about the Newcastle HMRC Account - Programme Manager

List of Generic Questions about ScrumMaster Role - Experienced consultant

Change Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a follow-up email from a recruiter. The phone screen went very well. The recruiter was pleasant and professional, and she asked appropriate questions. As a result, she referred me a consultant for a one-on-one interview. The second interview was nerve-wracking for me. The consultant called me 20 minutes late and the interview was supposed to take one hour. I scheduled the interview for my lunch hour so I would not have to take any time off from work. The interviewer asked multiple behavioral-based questions, which was okay. But she interrupted me constantly and that was extremely frustrating. After 30 minutes of what seemed like an endless interrogation, I requested that we conclude the interview. I was approaching the end of my lunch hour and needed to return to work. After conferring with a colleague who had recently interviewed with Accenture for a similar position, I contacted my recruiter to request a different interviewer. I was told that I would have to continue the interview process with the same person. So, I finally scheduled a second phone interview. It was just as exhausting and counter-productive as the first one. Needless to say, I never want to interview with Accenture again.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when your efforts directly impacted a difficult situation. . . No, I don't want to hear about what you did as part of the team, I want to hear about exactly what you did. . . No, that's not the right answer. . .   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Online question answering and CV uploads. Several quite big questions takes a lot of time and effort. Need to research company.

Video Interview. 8 questions of various styles. Some general interview questions like why Accenture, describe Accenture strat services and describe yourself. Specific example of analysing and presenting from data. Case study questions, video response to one question about what the issues are. Later essay response to findings of research and recommendations.

Interview Questions

• After 4 mins of studying call centre graphs "what are the three main problems you have identified with the company"   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Denver, CO).

Interview

None that is the problem! After applying for multiple positions in the same field (Ironic since I am an SME in my field of expertise) with this company including bringing them on board with a few corporations I have worked for (I have direct experience with them and have not had any issue with them at all) I cannot get feedback or have ANY person from HR call me back to talk with me or even provide feedback. This will certainly have an impact on future business as I am the decision maker whom we bring on to do projects. if they want to blow me off like this given I am a Director/VP) level, that can work both ways. Extremely unprofessional Accenture! Get with the program!

Interview Questions

• No communication whatsoever. I have applied since 2005 and applied for multiple positions across the country. One person I know in recruiting shuffled me off saying I will have to find an HR resource in that region and he works for the company!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

1. Called at 9:30 am to report at 12:30 pm for the interview.
    2. First round happened at 6pm!
    3. No updates whatsoever in the meantime, not even a suggestion to go have my lunch.
    4. Kindly enough, the recruiter remembered to ask me to go for lunch at 5:20 and come back by 5:30.
    5. After 3 rounds of interview and positive feedback, the recruiter asked me to leave by 8pm and said that the final round will happen over a call in 45 minutes.
    6. Once I was preparing to leave and at the gates, the recruiter called me back for the final round which was now changed to F2F.
    7. Final round - The manager - Mr. Nagarjuna from the procurement team started with a barrage of personal questions about my marriage and baby plans.
    8. I kept insisting that they are personal questions, so he started asking about my husband, his work, and his future plans about moving back to our native city. It was more like an investigation of sorts when i told him we didnt have any plans to move, but he wanted to drive me to the edge and admit that it might happen.
    9. He again shifted back to the baby plans questions and started telling that a woman's body goes through of physical and mental changes due to pregnancy and that how do i plan to manage all that change.
    10. After the interview, the feedback i received, i wasnt fit for the role. (Role match issue which was figured out after 4 rounds of interview and 10 hours of total time in the campus)

Interview Questions

• Final Round
      1. Questions about husband career and choices ?
      2. Do you have any plans of having baby in the near future. ?
      3. If planned for a baby how can I being a woman and a mother will manage the bodily changes and mental changes along with work.?
      4. Will you and your husband in future will settle down in your native moving from bangalore.?
    • My only question to the leadership of Accenture:

Will you allow your family daughters and sisters and wives to dealt this way in the hands of such prejudiced and sexist managers? Will you allow them to work in such environment where someone openly talks about post natal physical changes and grills the person about various personal topics even after saying they're not comfortable answering them? And the biggest question of them all is, if selected, will you allow them to work under such managers who openly exercise their "right to demean women" and get away with it, every single time! and In fact, keep growing every year in an "esteemed organization" such as Accenture!

If no, then do something about this and set an example for all the companies where women have to either compromise their careers owing to their self respect or compromise their self respect to build their careers!!

If yes, then all the very best to you. May you have many more managers like Mr. Nagarjuna in your ranks who will take your company to greater heights!

Thanks and best wishes,
      Answer Question

Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I had two 30 minute meetings with the HR Recruiter and then one Behavioural interview.
    I didn't make it past the behavioural interview. I was told to only use the last 2 years work as examples for answering the questions. This was absurd and as I had better examples during the past 18 years work experience. If you are reading this, then rest assured that getting a senior role at Accenture is set for failure as the behavioural questions include factual questions, "do you have experience of increasing sales opportunities with clients, which should be asked with the HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your greatest failure   1 Answer