Accenture Management Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Management Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process included three different interviews. The first interview occurred over the phone with the recruiter. We went over my resume and the questions centered on my professional career. There were your basic questions of leadership, etc. I remember the recruiter asking what drew me to Accenture. I would recommend doing research on Accenture before starting your interview process. The second interview was again over the phone with some more in-depth behavioral questions. They were not difficult, but centered again on leadership, conflict resolution, management, problem solving, etc. The third interview was an in office interview divided into three parts.

The first part included a lunch with a presentation from three analysts. The presentation was casual and centered on explaining more about Accenture. The second part was the case study interview. The interviewer was extremely friendly for someone's first time doing a case study interview. The scenario was a bit complicated, but it was more about how you can solve a problem/break down a problem and present it. The third interview was with a different Accenture employee and again focused on my past professional experiences.

Interview Questions

• They asked several times what I learned from each scenario I described.   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a great first, second, third and fourth interview. I really enjoyed the interactions, but had an issue with them deciding on my level coming in, whether I would be a senior analyst or consultant. I was good with senior analyst, but they brought me in as a consultant.

Interview Questions

• Use case: How would you react to a client's disapproval on previous work performed by Accenture?   1 Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

3 stage process interview. 1st was an interview with a Recruiter to understand the overall fit. 2nd interview was with a manager who asked very specific "drill-down" questions to understand your competencies and experiences in more detail. 3rd interview was with a partner which was similar to the second interview.

Interview Questions

• With regards to the project XYZ, explain to me how you convinced a client to apply a new approach?   Answer Question
    • How do your carrier goals fit into this role and company? What do you see yourself doing in 5-7 years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Phone Screen with HR. Asked about what I know about the company, why do I want to work there, and went over my resume.

2. 2 Phone interviews involving Behavioral Questions and Case Studies. Each interview was 1 hour long, 45 minutes for the Case, and 15 minutes for the behavioral questions. Both interviews were with current Consultant level employees.

3. In Office Interview. 1 hour presentation on the company. 1 hour case interview. 1 interview called a "confirming" interview to check how I fit in with the culture, my leadership skills, and my future career aspirations. Both interviews were with current "Manager" level employees.

Everyone that I talked to was very nice and helpful and honest.

Interview Questions

• Case interviews were very straight forward. Much easier than what you would expect from MBB. But they made you think. One was a Mergers and Acquisition, another was on demand forecasting, another was on ways to increase revenue after bankruptcy, and one was on improving cash flow.

Know what differentiates the company from it's competition, why you want to work there, and be ready to give examples of ways to have showcased your skills in the past.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told that there is No Negotiation for entry level analysts (on base salary). I over a year of experience, and they offered me the same as someone right out of college. But the offer is very fair for the market.

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who conducted a very brief intro to the business and interest interview that lasted maybe 30 minutes. Then I had a Management Consulting Senior Manager call me for more technical interview over the phone that lasted about 45 minutes. Then I was flown into Atlanta to interview with their Strategy practice leadership for three face to face interviews. The first one was a case interview, followed by more a behavioral interview, then followed by the practice leader discussion which at this point was selling me his practice. The face to face interviews lasted about an hour each. After that, I was given an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Case study question was - what are several factors impacting the client's profitability?   Answer Question
    • Case study question: If the client was interested in growing profit at the start of the project but at midway, they changed focus and now wanted to focus on product quality. How would you go about doing this?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your management consulting experience and what do you like most about it and what do you like least about it??   Answer Question
    • How would you lead a team that is spread out all over the globe and may have team members who you've never met and will not ever meet, but work on your project?   Answer Question
    • What techniques have you used to engage an analyst on the project who doesn't seem interested in the project?   Answer Question

Interview

Recruiter was very friendly and seemed to have a genuine interest in getting to know me. They were also straight forward with any questions that I had. Getting responses for them always came in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to handle a challenging/difficult task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. Started with a phone screening, followed by an additional behavioral/situational interview. I was then invited for an on-site interview where I had a case study interview followed by a confirming interview. The entire process went smoothly and went really well.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a slightly different experience than most because I was referred to Accenture by one of their directors, but I ended up having 4 behavioral interviews and one case interview. My office visit (final step) consisted of 1 case interview and 1 behavioral interview (i.e. tell me about a time when... type questions) with two executives at the El Segundo office in Los Angeles. Everyone I met was pretty relaxed, but clearly very sharp. They occasionally asked questions that were very tough, but I suspect that the point of those questions was to see how I could handle the pressure of not having an immediate answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time when your working relationship with another person was strained, and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Management Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in February 2015.

Interview

Two one-on-one 45 minute case interviews. Besides the interview questions I included, the other questions I read here were spot on. Management Consulting isn't really for me so I can't rate how Accenture compares to other similar companies, but I wanted to stop by and include the questions that I remember from the interview.

Management Consulting Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had five interviews total - one was a brief "standard" interview with HR discussing interests and resume basics, then two case interviews over the phone and two interviews in the Accenture office, one case and one closing interview. Case interviews focused on basic business problems (increasing profits, decreasing costs) but some also focused on supply chain issues, which reflected my engineering background. The final interview served as a gauge of how well I would fit with the company - I included questions from this. The process took about a month total, they got back to me with an offer about a week after my final interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you have handle confidentiality or a breach in confidentiality.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle conflict resolution?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in the Federal Services division? (job and office specific)   Answer Question