Accenture Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

3.1

114 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

1. Phone interview with HR
    2. Behavior/Situational interview with a senior manager over the phone (1 hour)
    3. Skills interview with a senior manager over the phone (1 hour)
    4. Final round interview with a senior manager in person (1 hour)

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you convinced a client to go along with an unpopular decision   Answer Question

Negotiation

It took between 3 to 4 weeks to negotiate my salary, but they eventually matched my salary demands

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Fairfax, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

I was supposed to speak with a recruiter for a prescreen but the fellow did not call. Instead I had to speak with another fellow who was very much ruder. Anyways, we set up a phone screen with a manager at Accenture. She was lovely and we discussed my work etc. She mentioned that she might post me to Bali etc. Lovely, lady but I had a bad taste in my mouth from the interaction with the recruiter. In the end I got an awesome offer but this recruiter said , "I wasn't too sure about you but she (the manager) decided to go with you" and his tone was really really unkind. Anyways due to this poor interaction with this fellow, I told them that I would not be joining them unless they sponsored my graduate studies full time.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me a little about your research and the areas you are interested in?   1 Answer

I declined because the recruiter was rude in his tone and his interactions with me. I don't want to start off on the wrong note.

Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Typical consulting interview. What were your projects? What were the outcomes? How did you deliver client value?

Management Consulting Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2010.

Interview

Do not understand what are they looking for. I guess some "consultant" traits that I do not have. I do not think experienced industry or job function knowledge is as valued as the client management skills......pretty sure that the client pays to solve the problems effectively and effciently rather than to be "managed".

Senior Sales Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewed by HR who became my primary point of contact. I was then passed to a Senior Manager who took me through a behaviorial interview. I was then passed back to HR for a Situational Interview that was very challenging. I was then scheduled for a telephone interview with the Senior VP of the group which led to a face to face.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were forced to present controversial or very difficult information to a customer or internal client. How did you discover it and how did you present it. What was the outcome and what was the impact?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you developed a strong working relationship with a key contact or colleague in another part of the organization. Why did you form this relationship and what was the benefit or challenge you experienced in forming it?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with someone who was just not very reliable. How did you discover this unreliability and what actions did you take?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the most complex project you had to organize where you were faced with meeting difficult and challenging objectives. The project itself was perhaps or perhaps not complex but complex from a project management perspective. What were your key challenges and how did you overcome them. What results did you experience and what did you learn in the process?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated move to virtual with agreement that Saturday work would be done close to my home office. Negotiated pay package.

Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

The Good -- Accenture had me interview with 5 of the brightest people I've ever met. Cordial and intelligent, they were very easy to converse with and the interviews were very successful. In fact, in my last interview the Senior Manager implied that we would be working together. Accenture is one of the few firms who conducts background check prior to offer (I think you have to be a serious contender though) eliminating that "I have an offer but will it be rescinded" worry.

The Bad - Their HR process and staff is horrendous. The first HR person that I spoke to never remembered who I was and I had to constantly relay my background to her each time I returned a phone call. I was then passed to another HR person who was worse than the first. Curt, impatient and inconsiderate of other people's time - she had very poor communication skills, didn't return emails or phone calls until a Sr. Manager was cc'd on emails to her. The entire process was ridiculous - I went through 5 Senior Manager interviews over the span of 3 months with minimum of 1 week of follow up "radio silence" between each interview.

The Outcome - No job. Not a precise fit. Strung me along for over 3 months and they never had a job role for me to begin with. I don't appreciate being window-shopped. The interview process was a communications nightmare...I can't imagine what the situation would be like for those hired and on the road!

Interview Questions

• Describe the scope of your job and how it is relevant to the job you are applying for.   Answer Question
    • Why would you leave a successful established position to join a new firm and start from networking "scratch"?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in February 2010.

Interview

easy process and very detailed questions with 3 round of interviews and after that final offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview consisted of a case interview along with a fit interview. The fit interview was good, but the case that was given was ridiculously esoteric. It seemed like the guy just made the case up on the spot, and it was presented poorly. If there had been 2 case interviews, or if the guy had stuck to something a little more traditional, it would have been better to assess the competency of individuals.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work at a competing firm?   2 Answers

Management Consulting Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

Interview experience/process did not meet my expectations for such a global brand.

Senior Manager Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

Contacted by an executive search firm. Fist round of technical interview. Second round in person by a Partner. Went very well. Third round by some one in HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a Project where you ran over budget.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations. They came back with 10K less and agreed to split the difference as sign in bonus.