Accenture Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

577 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schuylkill Haven, PA

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and asked if I would be interested in applying. I said of course, it's Accenture. He promised to email me the job description which he did except it was for the wrong job. Anyway my interview was scheduled for 11am. At 10:54am I received an email from the recruiter saying the position required the candidate to be bi-lingual would that be a problem ( I have a Hispanic last name but I don't speak Spanish and NO WHERE on my resume or LinkedIn profile does it say I'm bilingual). I said it would be a problem. I don't know Spanish, and I never said that i did. I wouldn't do that. The interviewer never called. I reached out to Accenture Careers on Twitter and sent them a DM explaining what happened. They said they would look into my situation, but much like the recruiter, they never got back to me. I'm shocked, I've never had that happen before.

Interview Questions

• 6 minutes before the interview I was told I needed to be bilingual. Is that a problem?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews on various business skills. Interviews were conducted by peer group, senior manager, and the practice partner. They were looking for reasons to hire rather than reasons to reject. Werent stress interviews at all. Overall it was a great interview process.

EBC Manager Interview

Interview

had a friend submit my resume, waited 2-3 weeks, got a brief email back saying i wasn't a good fit. It seemed weird, as it looked like a job that was right up my alley, maybe the position was not well defined, as is usually the case in my industry.

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Recruiter call, Hiring Manager Call. They recruiter was very nice and helpful. However, it became apparent that she was new to recruiting for this team and didn't know the scope of needs as well as I would have expected. She contacted me the day before the interview to inform me that the job specs had changed. She sent the updated job description the morning of my call. I learned that they wanted someone with a different level of experience than I had. Nothing I could have said in the interview would have gotten me further into the process. The hiring manager said the job specs didn't change. It sounded more like a communication breakdown that I couldn't have done well within.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to motivate teams to meet a unreasonable deadline.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Accenture in September 2015.

Interview

I have been contacted twice in the last year by Accenture recruiters both internal and external, one of which led to two phone interviews with senior people (partner level). These conversations reinforced the impression I have had of Accenture over the years but nevertheless shocked me with the overall arrogance of the people I spoke to. The internal recruiter I first spoke to was personable and positive and indicated that my skills and experience based on what he's seen over the years were exceptional. He referred me to two hiring managers, one who I realized I knew someone who had worked with him at another company so his reputation preceded him. He was distracted and unprofessional, complaining about changes to the compensation plan. He asked virtually nothing about me and talked about himself and how great his career was and how lucky Accenture was to have him. The other woman I talked to was nice, friendly but somewhat unfocused in her approach and again spent a great deal of time talking about herself and how she had acheived her role. I got the feeling that the first person had unconscious bias. Later the recruiter sent me a terse message from an anonymous email ID that essentially insulted me by saying the interviewers didn't think I had what it takes to close deals for them. I've been in this industry for a long time and had my share of interviews over the years and I can't say I've ever received such a blunt and inappropriate follow up message. It was an automated form message and I'm not thin skinned. It was just rude. It didn't matter to me since they were recruiting me not vice versa and since I am confident in my track record of working at very similar companies and selling very large deals (20 to 30m) over the years, time and time again. I was just shocked that a company this well known for their progression employment practices including increasing the number of women in senior roles, would be so haphazard in their approach.
    My second experience was more recent when another retained external recruiter called me about a similar role for which I am extremely well qualified. I agreed to talk to her even though given my last experience my interest was low. She seemed to take the same approach, looking for reasons not to include me in.the exclusive group of candidates she said she already had. I have never had a recruiter say that either in the process - it seemed to be intended to make me feel lucky that she was even talking to me and to heighten the competition. She probed into my background and then hurriedly said that unless I was doing exactly the kind of role that she was recruiting for, at this time, they wouldn't consider me (even though I have a long track record in that kind of role ). At that point, it didn't really matter as it has reminded me of the corporate culture that seems to shine through in my dealings with them.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Accenture (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Had a phone screening in March 2015, and was informed that they were moving forward. Then silence, dead silence until June when out of nowhere, they contacted my manager as a reference. I was obviously taken by surprise, and around a week later, they asked me to interview with the hiring manager. I accepted, and was told they would be moving forward, and promised me that progress would be a lot faster this time. Fast forward to September 2015. No updates. Last time I followed up was in August, and they informed me that they were still moving forward, with no available updates. Overall, it's been half a year so far being stuck in limbo with Accenture. Actually, no wait, today when I contacted them again, they told me the position was actually cancelled.

Manager Interview

Interview

Very standard. A recruiter talks about the good things about Accenture and why it would be a good career to you. I got 2 phone screens and 1 in person interview sessions.

Interview Questions

• How to handle difficult clients?   1 Answer

Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

After getting an employee referral, I applied online and then was contacted by a recruiter. The recruiter stated that there would be five interviews, and then a final interview with the global head of the practice. The first interview was with HR and lasted about an hour- a standard review of your resume, motivations for coming to the practice, past experiences- all very standard for this level of recruiting and very promising. Two months go by and the second interview (Situational) comes, this time it goes very well and the interview is almost 2+ hours. Then nothing-for two-and-a-half months. First recruiter calls and schedules the next two interviews. In the interview with potential colleague (which took two more weeks to schedule) a few points come to light- a) he admits he hasn't read my resume and doesn't know why he is interviewing me b) he has only been with the firm a short time and is on 'garden leave' for another several months, so not only is he not allowed to do anything in the practice, he doesn't even care who they do hire to do the work on his own team...somehow he likes me and passes me on to the next round. Another month goes by. The next interview is with the leader of the practice. After a few reschedules, and one outright blowoff, we have the interview-where he asks me the exact same technical question that the previous interviewer had, which I answered the exact same way (correctly) and I asked if I could ask a few questions? Had they ever done a full implementation, and if so, what were the difficulties that they had run into? Long pause....they had NEVER done a full implementation, they had never even done a project were they were direct billing the client- their services were an add-on to other areas of the firm and they had yet to do a project that covered their costs. The process had drug on for six months. There were several last minute cancellations and two outright blow-offs by the interviewers. I wasn't interested in being treated like this. I thanked him for his time, followed by emails etc...the recruiter calls a week later-they are not going to hire at this level for the post, they have dropped it down two levels. I don't actually say much, as she was pleasant and there was no need to be anything but professional (she kept saying "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I really thought you were perfect for Accenture" I thanked her kindly and went on my way...
    A week later, the post is up again- they did not drop it down, they kept it the same.

I can't get back the time involved in this whole lengthy process, but at some point, when my new firm is looking for consultants for a project, I will have plenty to weigh in on the subject of whom gets hired.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had a difficult task or had to convince your staff to do something they didn't want to do?   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

There was a screening phone call with a recruiter, next an in person interview and third an interview on the phone with another person. The two interviews were each one hour long and the screening process was about thirty minutes. The jobe was eventually closed and they did not hire anyone for the role due to budget cuts.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move into an internal permanent role?   1 Answer

F&A Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. The first was with HR, where they went over my resume. He simply asked me to walk through it, giving him examples of what I did in each role. Basically making sure I did what is listed on the resume. The second round was a technical interview. I interviewed with a F&A director. This was easy to me, because I have a BS in accounting and a MS in finance. I was asked about projects where I worked with financial statements, etc. Some more detailed, technical questions were asked about situations; but I found that easy as well. I just used prior experience to answer the question(s). The last round was with the hiring manager. That was all behavioral type questions. They basically wanted to know how I would deal with working / managing a team at a client site.

Interview Questions

• What is my approach to managing a team on a client site.   1 Answer