Accenture Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.1

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who conducted a very brief intro to the business and interest interview that lasted maybe 30 minutes. Then I had a Management Consulting Senior Manager call me for more technical interview over the phone that lasted about 45 minutes. Then I was flown into Atlanta to interview with their Strategy practice leadership for three face to face interviews. The first one was a case interview, followed by more a behavioral interview, then followed by the practice leader discussion which at this point was selling me his practice. The face to face interviews lasted about an hour each. After that, I was given an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Case study question was - what are several factors impacting the client's profitability?   Answer Question
    • Case study question: If the client was interested in growing profit at the start of the project but at midway, they changed focus and now wanted to focus on product quality. How would you go about doing this?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your management consulting experience and what do you like most about it and what do you like least about it??   Answer Question
    • How would you lead a team that is spread out all over the globe and may have team members who you've never met and will not ever meet, but work on your project?   Answer Question
    • What techniques have you used to engage an analyst on the project who doesn't seem interested in the project?   Answer Question

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, with HR, and two senior level leaders. The first two interviews were via phone. The third interview was a webcast. The questions asked were typical for the field, but I felt comfortable in each phase.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told the position in my city was on hold.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

3 phone screens, then traveled to meet the managing director. Meeting went well enough but no answer for several weeks. You just wait. And wait. If they decide to call you - or you call them - it will be like they don't even know you. Cold, impersonal, sloppy, and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time within the last 18 months when you had to address a challenge without all the information you needed? How did you handle this?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

recruiting screen,manager, senior manager, vp, very lobng process 8 weeks total to be told at closing interview that in the end they wanted someone in NY or Chicago. long waist of time

Interview Questions

• how can you help us with our problem   1 Answer

Interview

Interview process pretty much went as described here give or take a few wrinkles.

1. Recruiter Screening/Interview. Essentially a confirmation of resume details and some additional specific questions related to experience req'd for position applying. Very simple, straight forward and low stress. "Why Accenture?" will be asked here and every step of the way, so have a nice answer prepared. If the match looks good, and you sound credible on to step 2.

2. Technical Interview with Manager. Some specific questions about experience on your resume. Perhaps elaborate on some projects you have been involved with and tools you have used. Didnt get too deeply technical. Again, "Why Accenture?". "Where do you see yourself in 5, 10 years". Why Are you a fit for this position. What sets you apart. Go through these scenarios well in advance of the interview and be comfortable answering, and giving details where nec.

3. Closing Interview with Sr. Manager - Web-Face-to-Face. Again, could get some q's about resume and experience. "Why Accenture"? Basically seeing if you will be a culture fit. What sets you apart. What are some challenges you have encountered. They want to see if you can communicate clearly and effectively.

Interview Questions

• Why Accenture. Are you OK with 100% Travel. Where do you see yourself in 5 years. What is your understanding of the position you are applying for. Why does this fit in with your career goals.   1 Answer
    • Folks were very friendly   Answer Question

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I had a phone interview and a 1 hour in person interview. The recruiter was difficult to deal with so I called the hiring manager directly and scheduled the interview. Then followed up with recruiter to let them know I had taken care of all the scheduling myself.

Interview Questions

• We're happy that I knew the industry lingo and acronyms.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted to make. Although they couldn't match it, they brought me in at a higher level to get closer. No sign on bonus.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty lengthy interview process for the nature of the role.

The recruiter was fairly new in servicing to this particular group and recruiting talent with my media background. The 1st step in the interview process was a 1 on 1 phone screen with HR. The conversation was very pleasant, standard Q&A, behavioral questions, etc. The next step in the interview process was a 1:1 phone interview with the Industry Lead (Managing Director). This conversation lasted a solid hour, very interactive conversation -- going in depth about my background, industry knowledge and experience and interest in the role.

The next step in the interview process was a phone interview with another Managing Director who was responsible for leading the N.A. Marketing efforts. This was a particularly interesting hour long conversation. The managing director had a 1-sheeter of question prepared and seem to have been reading from a script. My background and industry experience was derived from a completely different sector. Some of the terminology and acronyms that were used had no real importance/relevance to the general media/broadcasting industry. I found myself calling out [in a friendly manner] the director asking her to explain acronyms and business terminology that was exclusive to Accenture. After the answering the questions outlined via the director's Q&A doc, we proceeded to discuss my background and clear the air re: the position, demands, etc.

After the 2nd phone screening, I was scheduled to have a 1:1 phone interview with a Sr. Manager on the team. It became quite clear that the team seem to have very dated marketing strategies and methods for the particular sector that I would have been potentially apart of. The Sr. Manager seemed exhausted with the monotony of the job and its standard approach to pitching or marketing to clients. I tried to maintain my enthusiasm, as I saw this as an opportunity to help contribute to a new direction. I also noticed that I spent a great deal of time explaining general digital media terms, methods, and strategies. The interviewer admittedly confessed that her experience was very limited.

4th Round interview consisted of a 1:1 phone interview with a Sr. manager on the team outside the U.S.. The language barrier and telephone connection [assuming it was Skype or VoIP] contributed to great difficulty in the Q&A, behavioral interview process, but I remained extremely patient with the interviewer. This conversation lasted approx. 45mins. For the final 15 minutes, the interviewer began to ask a series of personal questions -- explaining that there was an interest in knowing more about me. In retrospect, I should have alerted HR/recruiter as these sorts of questions are illegal. I was asked my age (twice), marital status/children, hobbies, if I was used to working with members outside my race, more detail about my group of friends (if I had friends of various ethnicities), etc. I could absolutely tell that the interviewer was taken back by my age due to her indirect, follow-up response about being with the company for almost the length of my lifetime.

To my surprise, I was invited into Accenture's New York office for an in-person meeting. I met with a very Senior member of the Marketing team. This interview was very pleasant -- we spent a great deal of time sorting through my background and discussing situations or scenarios that would relates back to the position. I left the in-person meeting feeling reassured about the role and the possibility of joining the team.

1 week after my 5th interview, I followed with one of the managing directors who would have been my direct report. I got no response. 1 week after that, I sent a note to HR for an update -- asking if I was still in consideration, etc. I received an update 1 week later (3 weeks after my interview) explaining that the team decided to move forward with another candidate.Although the position description did not originally state so -- I wasn't surprised.. the demands of the job & group required a more senior level candidate. Fair.

Overall, everyone on the team was very pleasant. I definitely felt that there's a need for a more strategic recruitment process for this sort of position. Perhaps fly candidates in for interviews or cut down on the number of 1:1 interviews via phone. My only complaint, which I feel hindered me, was the interview with a ,member of the team outside of the U.S. It was nice to get the global perspective of the company & group, but the discriminatory questions that were asked made me feel very uncomfortable and may have potentially caused a ripple effect in the rest of my interview process. I think a larger conversation needs to be had with Sr. members of team and HR.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions. Such as, why Accenture? Most creative idea? etc.   Answer Question

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

very standard. applied online, 1st round with recruiter, 2nd round skill assessment, and 3rd round with senior manager. 1st round is mainly to see whether you met the basic requirements, 2nd round is checking your skills related to the position you are applying for.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

A third party recruiter receives your application and forwards you to one of Accenture's interviewers. This person manages and sees what you are fit for and recommends as well as coordinates the people you are going to speak to at Accenture. This person also shares salary information for the roles you have applied for and basic information about the company. Once understood what roles you are fitted for the Accenture recruiter sets an interview with someone in that position. Once interviewed the recruiter receives word again and tells you whether you are a good fit or not. The recruiter might get word from your interviewer you might be better suited for other roles and thus be forwarded for another interview to see if you are a good fit for a different role. Once everything is all set and done a final interview is done to finalize things and an official offer is given.

Interview Questions

• When faced with an impasse on a project what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hardly any negotiation about salary benefits. The most I can get was a sign on bonus.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

With a total six interviews, Accenture’s interview process is rather structured. More specifically, there were: 1 HR, 1 Behavior, 2 Tech skills, and 2 In-person (NYC) interviews. Each interview was about one hour long that always started with outlining the flow of the interview. The specific questions were general in nature however, the interviewer always probed for a deeper understanding. The probes were aimed at understanding and not to throw and curve balls. It was a good and interesting experience.

Interview Questions

• An example from the Behavior interview: When working in a matrix organization, what do you think are the biggest challenges?   Answer Question
    • An example from the Behavior interview: Tell me about a situation where you had to agree to an approach to a business problem that you didn't agree with? How did you handle that?   Answer Question